Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 371033 times)

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Power is power...

I've talked some trash on Cersei, but man that is a great scene.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This thread irritates me.

intolerance

Yea, I guess I'm intolerant of stupidity. "Hey, there's this really cool story that I'm interested in. I would really like to know more about everything that is going on. I'm pretty sure there's a whole series of books out there that would fulfill my desires, but I'm going to get on the internet and speculate about what it going on, rather than reading the information and getting the answers that I seek."
I DON'T KNOW HOW TO READ OK! There I said it.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This whole idea that people should read the books to find out what happens is just ludicrous. I read them because they are fun, easy reads that provide dozens of hours of entertainment. If you don't like fiction, then by no means should you read these books. They are very long.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
Just watched the show tonight so I've been avoiding the thread. . and man I missed an important discussion.

MH: I have started book 1 and I would like to read through the entire series. . .but for now I don't want to skip ahead to the current book because I'd miss how GRRM develops his characters.  I also like for things to be a surprise instead of just finding out right away.  The anticipation of what will happen at the conclusion of a storyline is what gets me so excited every week.  If I knew a character I loved was going to be fine I wouldn't feel the worry and be as into the show.  That being said, I also like to discuss with like minded people what we think might happen next. That's always a lot of fun.  It would be like you and your book buddies speculating about what would happen in the next book. 

I'm not sure why that seems so strange to anyone? Anyways.. . I agree it was crazy that Peter admitted to killing the old hand of the king. 

Speaking of which. . .it is a lot easier for people on this board to forget names because we don't read them as often.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Petyr didn't admit to it, his coconspirator started blabbing about it with him around, he even tried to quickly change the subject.

For the record, Littlefinger is my favorite character.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
he's a creepy dude

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
Petyr didn't admit to it, his coconspirator started blabbing about it with him around, he even tried to quickly change the subject.

He is very intriguing. . .but I wish we knew more about him.  I can't help but feel that the story line has been pretty drug out this season.  A lot happens in the episodes. . .but then you realize that the story line only moved forward like a centimeter. . .whereas the first few seasons moved ahead at what seemed a break neck pace.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
he's a creepy dude

very good at what he does

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

He is very intriguing. . .but I wish we knew more about him.  I can't help but feel that the story line has been pretty drug out this season.  A lot happens in the episodes. . .but then you realize that the story line only moved forward like a centimeter. . .whereas the first few seasons moved ahead at what seemed a break neck pace.

read the books

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile

read the books

I'm working on it for sure.  But as it relates to the show only, it is too bad they haven't expounded more clearly. 

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile

read the books

I'm working on it for sure.  But as it relates to the show only, it is too bad they haven't expounded more clearly.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Petyr_Baelish
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

read the books

well, the entire show is basically cliff notes of the books. It's just what's going to happen when you condense 1000 pages of text to 12 hours of video.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
point of clarification since Rusty the Falseist seems to want to lie so much.

it's actually 4,273 pages and a total of 40 hours (through season 4) of tv, which would equate to 106.8 pages per hour of television.  also, not sure why he's referring to "video"  :confused:  are we watching it on a vcr?   :confused:

:lol: pwnt :lol:

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
what character does this nerd city usa play?

looks like an ogre to me? 

:lol:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

attention, colonial spock, you've put on some weight :lol:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Ogre:  Hello young lady, may I buy you a beer?
Ms. Universe:  No but that's a striking broach you have on.

:lol:  w00t there it is!  :lol:

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Disclaimer fo those of you who get your panties in a wad anytime a book reader posts: This is speculation here, not anything I've picked up from reading farther in the books.

I think Petyr is going to end up having a pretty gruesome, awesome death. He's played with fire and though he's really good at playing the game, I think he believes he's unbeatable. With all the other high quality players running around sooner or later he's going to lose.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Disclaimer fo those of you who get your panties in a wad anytime a book reader posts: This is speculation here, not anything I've picked up from reading farther in the books.

I think Petyr is going to end up having a pretty gruesome, awesome death. He's played with fire and though he's really good at playing the game, I think he believes he's unbeatable. With all the other high quality players running around sooner or later he's going to lose.

Sansa will kill him or have him killed. IMO she's going to learn rad things from him and will become much more likeable in the next book.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Ogre:  Hello young lady, may I buy you a beer?
Ms. Universe:  No but that's a striking broach you have on.

:lol:  w00t there it is!  :lol:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile

Sansa will kill him or have him killed. IMO she's going to learn rad things from him and will become much more likeable in the next book.

I hope so. She's the only stark kid that I don't care about. (Where's the youngest boy at??????!)

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I hope so. She's the only stark kid that I don't care about. (Where's the youngest boy at??????!)

He's with Osha (the Wilding).

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile

He's with Osha (the Wilding).

yeah, i just wondered why they have not shown them at all in at least a full season's worth of episodes.  makes me think they have been kidnapped or something.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile

Isn't Brienne on her way to find Sansa? I could see her taking him out.

Someone important is going to fall through that damn hole in the floor. Order of likeliness:

1. Petyr
2. The squire
3. Creepy Boy
4. Lyza
5. Brienne
6. Sansa

Note: I'm rooting for the Creepy Boy to fall the most and Brienne to fall the least.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
IGAF about Rickon, but I found Shaggydog to be the most badass of all the Stark direwolves.  I mean that guy is not to be effed with.  Huge nuts. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.