Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 371020 times)

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
Pretty meh episode.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

You're wrong. That was a fantastic episode, some very important things took place.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
Pretty meh episode.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

You're wrong. That was a fantastic episode, some very important things took place.

I understand that not every episode is action-packed and some have to lay the foundation for more exciting episodes. This seemed to be the latter. It was important for the future of the series, but at the moment it just left me feeling meh.

Also, the past few weeks have had pretty intense endings/cliffhangers. Seeing Craster's Keep go up in flames was not the same as watching a baby turning into a WW or Khaleesi launching 1000s of slave collars to start a rebellion.

The preview for next week looks pretty entertaining, tho!  :excited:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
why did bran not hook up with the bastard jon snow?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
why did bran not hook up with the bastard jon snow?

Jon would prevent him from finding the three eyed raven, which is Bran's purpose. Bran has to continue north.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Seemed pretty significant that it was revealed baelish was behind poisoning jon arryn at the beginning of the series, since that is the reason for everything that has happened so far.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Seemed pretty significant that it was revealed baelish was behind poisoning jon arryn at the beginning of the series, since that is the reason for everything that has happened so far.

Probably the most significant moment of the episode

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Fantastic episode. The scenes with Brianne and the squire were awesome. Cersei and Marg was awesome. You know Cersei's too crazy to just fold like that. Crazy Aunt Liza was awesome. Just when you think she's not totally crazy, wham, that chick is crazy. And she and Little Finger conspired to set the whole sequence in motion? Awesome. Aria and the Hound? Best interactions yet. Jon Snow kicking ass. Also starting to learn more about the Iron Bank.

This episode moved a lot of plot lines forward in interesting ways. Great episode and I don't think it even featured a single spoken word by Jaime or Tyrion. All the more amazing. No dead babies is also a plus.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Fantastic episode. The scenes with Brianne and the squire were awesome. Cersei and Marg was awesome. You know Cersei's too crazy to just fold like that. Crazy Aunt Liza was awesome. Just when you think she's not totally crazy, wham, that chick is crazy. And she and Little Finger conspired to set the whole sequence in motion? Awesome. Aria and the Hound? Best interactions yet. Jon Snow kicking ass. Also starting to learn more about the Iron Bank.

This episode moved a lot of plot lines forward in interesting ways. Great episode and I don't think it even featured a single spoken word by Jaime or Tyrion. All the more amazing. No dead babies is also a plus.

locke character cashing out so quickly made that part seem like alot of wasted effort

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Hodor!

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

locke character cashing out so quickly made that part seem like alot of wasted effort

Agreed. Seems like a waste of a pretty good character and plot line, but oh well, Bran continues in his quest, which is probably the least interesting story line but at least they're not spending much time on it. Ultimately, I'm assuming his story line is going to intersect with the WWs in an interesting way.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Bran's storyline is a complete snoozefest and then a total LOLWTF why are the books getting more complicated instead of starting to get wrapped up type moment thing

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Bran's storyline is a complete snoozefest and then a total LOLWTF why are the books getting more complicated instead of starting to get wrapped up type moment thing

This is the non-book thread. The show isn't wasting much time on it. Ultimately, I think it will be pretty interesting. I suspect the WWs might be sending Bran and the others the visions, for good or bad.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
i feel a profound sense of relief whenever a named character is killed, and a kind of stress/dread whenever a new character is introduced.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This thread irritates me.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile

You belong in the book thread and/or the book & show thread.  :th_twocents:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile

intolerance

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
Last night's episode was terrific.  :twocents:
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile

I was like, "well, holy crap," when that happened. I also noticed how disgusting Lysa's teeth were. gross.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I liked the part where Lysa was screaming and Sansa couldn't sleep. :lol:

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

intolerance

Yea, I guess I'm intolerant of stupidity. "Hey, there's this really cool story that I'm interested in. I would really like to know more about everything that is going on. I'm pretty sure there's a whole series of books out there that would fulfill my desires, but I'm going to get on the internet and speculate about what it going on, rather than reading the information and getting the answers that I seek."

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile

intolerance

Yea, I guess I'm intolerant of stupidity. "Hey, there's this really cool story that I'm interested in. I would really like to know more about everything that is going on. I'm pretty sure there's a whole series of books out there that would fulfill my desires, but I'm going to get on the internet and speculate about what it going on, rather than reading the information and getting the answers that I seek."

sounds like you are intolerant of speculation

I don't what to be told what happens, but I do want to speculate what happens.

just like if we were watching an original show with no source materials.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
How is speculation fun? The answers are there to be had. "I wonder what 2 + 2 is? I could put in a little work and figure out the answer, but I'm going to go with 8 and we'll figure out if it's right or not when the teacher hands back the exam."

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

The fact that this overrated piece of crap show has 3 threads infuriates me beyond belief.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

The fact that this overrated piece of crap show has 3 threads infuriates me beyond belief.

I'd prefer to have the show thread nuked. These lazy, stupid and irrational TV show only rubes can get bent.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
How is speculation fun? The answers are there to be had. "I wonder what 2 + 2 is? I could put in a little work and figure out the answer, but I'm going to go with 8 and we'll figure out if it's right or not when the teacher hands back the exam."

Could be 3, 4, or 5.