Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 370923 times)

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Maybe it was Melisandre and she used witchcraft like she did with Renly.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Maybe it was Melisandre and she used witchcraft like she did with Renly.
She did burn some leaches.  If that doesn't choke a guy, I don't know what will.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Lady Olenna

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/heres-exactly-how-the-biggest-jerk-in-all-of-game-of-thrones

Wow - that's genius, but also pretty diabolical of the old bat to pin it on Sansa, but I guess that explains the Fool's terminator "come with me if you want to live" line.

It's also a bit of a stretch because Olenna couldn't have known that Sansa/Tyrian would hand Joff the goblet, but whatever. Still clever.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
Lady Olenna

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/heres-exactly-how-the-biggest-jerk-in-all-of-game-of-thrones

Wow - that's genius, but also pretty diabolical of the old bat to pin it on Sansa, but I guess that explains the Fool's terminator "come with me if you want to live" line.

It's also a bit of a stretch because Olenna couldn't have known that Sansa/Tyrian would hand Joff the goblet, but whatever. Still clever.

you should keep your stupidity in the pit.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
In the books, what happens with Arya and the hound is a far departure from the show. I think the book develops Arya much more effectively

color me surprised that a 5 book series spanning over 5,000 pages developed a character more effectively than a tv show did.

:lol:

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Sansa picked up the cup he was drinking out of.

Joff also took a drink from the cup after Sansa picked it up but before breaking the pie. If it was Sansa that's when he'd have started chocking.

Some poisons have a delayed reaction. Maybe the poison caused his throat to swell up and that took a couple of minutes.

Even if that was the case, I still stand by my statement that Sansa had neither the ability or the balls to pull this off. Besides, do the "Sansa did it" folks think she just happened to be carrying around an extremely lethal poison on the off chance Joffrey's cup happened to roll under the table to her?

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Joff also took a drink from the cup after Sansa picked it up but before breaking the pie. If it was Sansa that's when he'd have started chocking.

Some poisons have a delayed reaction. Maybe the poison caused his throat to swell up and that took a couple of minutes.

Even if that was the case, I still stand by my statement that Sansa had neither the ability or the balls to pull this off. Besides, do the "Sansa did it" folks think she just happened to be carrying around an extremely lethal poison on the off chance Joffrey's cup happened to roll under the table to her?

Maybe she would have found another reason to get access to the cup if that hadn't happened.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Maybe it was just peanut allergies or something.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i don't understand what's going on here. are you guys asking the book readers to tell you what happened or are you just hypothesizing in front of a bunch of people who have read the books expecting them to not say anything?

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i don't understand what's going on here. are you guys asking the book readers to tell you what happened or are you just hypothesizing in front of a bunch of people who have read the books expecting them to not say anything?

latter

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Maybe it was just peanut allergies or something.

There could have been peanut oil in the pie crust. I don't think they have EpiPens in Westeros.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Maybe she would have found another reason to get access to the cup if that hadn't happened.

She's practically in a daze. No way she thinks she can find a way to get to his cup. She's also terrified of Cersei at this point.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

She's practically in a daze. No way she thinks she can find a way to get to his cup. She's also terrified of Cersei at this point.

She lies awake all night thinking about how her family died. That might drive a person to murder, especially when the person who had them murdered is rubbing it her face right in front of everyone in King's Landing.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Sansa didn't do it. You'd have to be an idiot to think so
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

She lies awake all night thinking about how her family died. That might drive a person to murder, especially when the person who had them murdered is rubbing it her face right in front of everyone in King's Landing.

Her mental state right now makes her more likely to murder by grabbing a knife and just going to town on someone than the cold calculation needed to pull off a poisoning like this.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I like how people complain about Sansa being boring. She's been passed around like a disposable vagina from a psychotic pre-pubescent king to a dwarf and had practically her whole family murdered, partially in front of her. I'm surprised she can even speak.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I've read the books and know who's responsible in the books, but I watched the show assuming they could change it to anyone (wouldn't be the first or the last time the show changed who killed who). I thought it was painfully obvious who did it in the show but that might just be because I had an idea of what to look for.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
Honestly don't think without a rewatch it was all that obvious to me who did it.  But it would be the BEST EVER if it was Lady Olenna.  She is in my top five favorite characters if only because she doesn't give an eff.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I've read the books and know who's responsible in the books, but I watched the show assuming they could change it to anyone (wouldn't be the first or the last time the show changed who killed who). I thought it was painfully obvious who did it in the show but that might just be because I had an idea of what to look for.
They did give a big nod to the book readers that they would not be changing the story in that regard...   what do you guys think about the speculative news articles trying to guess who did it?   I guess I don't see the point in trying to guess something that is already public knowledge.   Either the author of the article doesn't know and is just guessing or they do know and they are spoiling the surprise.  Seems odd.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

They did give a big nod to the book readers that they would not be changing the story in that regard...   what do you guys think about the speculative news articles trying to guess who did it?   I guess I don't see the point in trying to guess something that is already public knowledge.   Either the author of the article doesn't know and is just guessing or they do know and they are spoiling the surprise.  Seems odd.

yes, this is a very strange dynamic at play.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Just finished season 3. I can't keep anyone straight. Sometimes they'll drop in on two guys having a conversation and I just have no clue who they are or what they're talking about bad. I just want these dragons to grow up and have that blonde chick take over everything already.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Just finished season 3. I can't keep anyone straight. Sometimes they'll drop in on two guys having a conversation and I just have no clue who they are or what they're talking about bad. I just want these dragons to grow up and have that blonde chick take over everything already.

yeah, when you have that much detail, it forces the show to become cliff notes, as pissclams eloquently alluded to.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Just think how awesome and more bigger and almost getting ready to fight stuff the dragons are gonna by like season 9.

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile

I can't explain it, but at some point the entire plot (character names included) just "clicked" for me. Not sure exactly when it was either but I think it was sometime in the second half of season three. Just fwiw
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I still have trouble with the minor characters, like all those guys along Arya's journey.
Also, I get was getting confused between Beric Dondarrion and Thoros for some reason - maybe the recasting of Beric was the issue.