Author Topic: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...  (Read 1261814 times)

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #3925 on: July 01, 2013, 04:03:12 PM »
How was Dexter S6 and S7?  Julia Stiles season going into a period of no Showtime turned me off to the series.  Thinking about jumping back in.

They were better than Season 5, but this show really lost steam after 4.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #3926 on: July 01, 2013, 04:14:28 PM »
season 7 was a lot better than 5 and 6. Middle was a little dry but beginning and end of s7 were very good.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: July 01, 2013, 04:16:04 PM »
Anyone watching Season 3 of The Killing?  Watched the 1st 2 w/ the wife.  The butthurt over the end of season 1 cliffhanger did not bother me at all because we binged the whole thing.

Worth picking up season 3?

I don't get the butt hurt over the s1 ending. Season 2 was better than season 1 IMO so it was worth it.

Also, season 3 is pretty good

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: July 01, 2013, 04:20:30 PM »
People get butthurt way too easy over 1 or 2 bad epi's. (Walking Dead fans especially)

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: July 01, 2013, 04:33:30 PM »
People get butthurt way too easy over 1 or 2 bad epi's. (Walking Dead fans especially)

Yeah many of my friends are super butthurt over TWD season 3 finale. They all claim to hate season 3 with a passion, but when I ask them what they didn't like they pretty much only list the ending.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3930 on: July 01, 2013, 04:36:03 PM »
When you split your season into two halves, it makes a couple bad episodes really stand out because you have so few to focus on.

Speaking of bad episodes, my GF and I were running through Breaking Bad so I could get her up to speed before the end.  Hit the Fly episode and lost momentum for about 4 days before starting back up again.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3931 on: July 01, 2013, 04:36:58 PM »
There is not 1 episode of Breaking Bad or The Wire that I would consider "bad"

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: July 01, 2013, 04:40:13 PM »
When you split your season into two halves, it makes a couple bad episodes really stand out because you have so few to focus on.

Speaking of bad episodes, my GF and I were running through Breaking Bad so I could get her up to speed before the end.  Hit the Fly episode and lost momentum for about 4 days before starting back up again.

lol I just got to the Fly episode last night. Didn't really deter me though.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: July 01, 2013, 04:50:58 PM »
oh man, i hated the fly episode until stevesie and i got to talking about it. now i think its great. really shows how well written the show is.

ive been rewatching seasons 3 and 4 with kscroommates the past few days. usually i dont like rewatching stuff but it has been delightful. really enjoyed watching jeese's meltdown at therapy a second time.

"I MADE YOU MY BITCH. HOW DOES THAT MAKE YOU FEEL?!"  :lol:
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: July 01, 2013, 04:58:40 PM »
There's a pretty big line in the cyberspace sand on Breaking Bad forums between #teamflyepisode and #teamantiflyepisode. I was really pissed when I was watching it real time because that was my only fix of Breaking Bad for the week and it's pretty boring, but now I see what it added and really enjoy it when I go back and watch it.

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3935 on: July 01, 2013, 05:25:25 PM »
Is season 2 of The Killing any good? I watched the first one as it was shown on air, have kind of forgotten what was going on. I may try to get into it over the holiday week, tho. Or maybe I will movie binge...

If you binge and you have a partner in crime it is fantastic.  Now that you mention it....Want to do a binge Thursday/Friday during the day?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3936 on: July 01, 2013, 05:49:46 PM »
I feel like they have the episodes written and ready to go and start shooting.  Then they realize they are behind on character development needed for the next act (perhaps they cut some parts they needed or it didn't translate as well as they'd hoped).  So we end up with an odd episode trying to just catch up on the development instead of the normal pacing of the show.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: July 01, 2013, 05:57:58 PM »
There's a pretty big line in the cyberspace sand on Breaking Bad forums between #teamflyepisode and #teamantiflyepisode. I was really pissed when I was watching it real time because that was my only fix of Breaking Bad for the week and it's pretty boring, but now I see what it added and really enjoy it when I go back and watch it.

Loved it since I first saw it.   Watched it with commentary on last week and didn't know it was rian johnsons first television direction episode and had some fun talk about how the writers had read looper and how awesome it was going to be.   :D
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: July 01, 2013, 05:58:52 PM »
I feel like they have the episodes written and ready to go and start shooting.  Then they realize they are behind on character development needed for the next act (perhaps they cut some parts they needed or it didn't translate as well as they'd hoped).  So we end up with an odd episode trying to just catch up on the development instead of the normal pacing of the show.

Budget is the more likely culprit.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3939 on: July 01, 2013, 06:02:33 PM »

Loved it since I first saw it.   Watched it with commentary on last week and didn't know it was rian johnsons first television direction episode and had some fun talk about how the writers had read looper and how awesome it was going to be.   :D

This is odd, because I really like Rian Johnson.  Brick :love:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3940 on: July 01, 2013, 06:34:04 PM »

Budget is the more likely culprit.

I posted an article a while back about the budget concerns. Most shows, especially on networks like AMC, get budgeted a certain amount per episode. A lot of times they do one episode a season where they use very little (few actors and locations, etc.) so they can use the savings on a more produced episode. The Killing had an episode where they sat in the car for an entire episode, Walking Dead had some where only 2-3 characters are shown for an entire episode, etc.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #3941 on: July 01, 2013, 08:46:22 PM »
Anyone watching Season 3 of The Killing?  Watched the 1st 2 w/ the wife.  The butthurt over the end of season 1 cliffhanger did not bother me at all because we binged the whole thing.

Worth picking up season 3?

I like it

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3942 on: July 03, 2013, 02:26:32 PM »
finished the episode of BB near the end of season 4 where he is in the crawl space under the house laughing as the episode ends.  pretty intense last few minutes of that one.  phew

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #3943 on: July 06, 2013, 06:58:43 PM »
despite some terrible acting and a kinda lol script at times, lost has my chigger-bitten balls at the moment

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: July 06, 2013, 11:00:23 PM »
finished the episode of BB near the end of season 4 where he is in the crawl space under the house laughing as the episode ends.  pretty intense last few minutes of that one.  phew

Yeah that is a good scene.

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #3945 on: July 07, 2013, 03:02:11 AM »
Is season 2 of The Killing any good? I watched the first one as it was shown on air, have kind of forgotten what was going on. I may try to get into it over the holiday week, tho. Or maybe I will movie binge...

You finally get closure on the Rosie Larson case
fyi: I thought season 2 was boring as balls

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: July 07, 2013, 09:42:17 AM »
Ray Donovan  :dunno:
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: July 07, 2013, 09:56:10 PM »
the killing has been great this season

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: July 11, 2013, 05:05:16 PM »
Trailer Park Boys is coming back for Season 8 on Swearnet (the three main guys' new website)

Trevor and Cory will be back....

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: July 11, 2013, 05:06:03 PM »
Anyone watch The Bridge?  I tivo'ed it but haven't tried it yet.  Worth it?