Author Topic: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...  (Read 1261212 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #3575 on: April 08, 2013, 11:19:48 AM »
I guess since I have watched the first two seasons of Game of Thrones in about half a weeks time that it probably has my balls. eff king joffry.

joffry is a stud.  whoever cast him in that role hit it out of the park.  i love watching is character develop.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: April 08, 2013, 11:22:34 AM »
I guess since I have watched the first two seasons of Game of Thrones in about half a weeks time that it probably has my balls. eff king joffry.

joffry is a stud.  whoever cast him in that role hit it out of the park.  i love watching is character develop.

somehow it makes sense that you like joffry.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: April 08, 2013, 02:39:40 PM »
I don't like the 2 hour premiers of Mad Men. The show seems more suited to 1 hour episodes, and the premiers always seem kind of slow anyway. I think they are really setting up some big things this season, though. Lots of death and talk of death in the episode, making me think somebody important is going to die.

interesting. i've never watched a show i like and thought "man, i wish this was shorter"

2 hours is just a long time to sit down and watch any television show, really. If they are going to do it, I would prefer the finale to run 2 hours instead of the premier.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3578 on: April 08, 2013, 02:46:18 PM »
rewatched all 3 seasons of deadwood (for the 3rd time) over the past month.  such a fantastic show.  i always forget that it ends so abruptly though.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

swearengin is my favorite character of all time.   :curse: :curse: cocksucker!
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: April 08, 2013, 02:48:17 PM »
I don't like the 2 hour premiers of Mad Men. The show seems more suited to 1 hour episodes, and the premiers always seem kind of slow anyway. I think they are really setting up some big things this season, though. Lots of death and talk of death in the episode, making me think somebody important is going to die.

interesting. i've never watched a show i like and thought "man, i wish this was shorter"

2 hours is just a long time to sit down and watch any television show, really. If they are going to do it, I would prefer the finale to run 2 hours instead of the premier.

not really.  i usually do marathons of 6+ hours on shows, so 2 hours is nothing.

that particular episode didn't flow well for 2 hours though.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: April 08, 2013, 02:49:13 PM »
rewatched all 3 seasons of deadwood (for the 3rd time) over the past month.  such a fantastic show.  i always forget that it ends so abruptly though.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

swearengin is my favorite character of all time.   :curse: :curse: cocksucker!

Definitely.  I have them queued on Netflix.  Can't wait until they start showing so I can begin my marathon.
@mikec2w

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: April 08, 2013, 02:50:29 PM »
game of thrones bugs me so much when they introduce several new characters every episode.  i barely care about the ones we have now, don't add more.

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: April 08, 2013, 02:53:50 PM »
game of thrones bugs me so much when they introduce several new characters every episode.  i barely care about the ones we have now, don't add more.

What you have to understand is they are leaving a bunch of characters out.  There is just so much going on in the books that they have to introduce a decent amount of characters just to have the stories work.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: April 08, 2013, 02:55:38 PM »
Heard in an interview that the author has over 2,000 named characters through book 5.  Named, meaning back stories, descriptions, etc.  That is a huge amt and has to be why the books take so long to read. 

given that, yeah, they will be leaving a bunch of ppl out.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: April 08, 2013, 03:01:48 PM »
i like that through 2 episodes of this season, they are listening to me and not to cns casey and leaving a lot of the scifi crap out of it.   :gocho:

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3585 on: April 08, 2013, 03:36:03 PM »
i like that through 2 episodes of this season, they are listening to me and not to cns casey and leaving a lot of the scifi crap out of it.   :gocho:

I chuckle when I see stuff like this.  I don't understand why people get upset about a show including parts of the book it is based on in the show.  Makes no sense.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: April 08, 2013, 03:43:15 PM »

I chuckle when I see stuff like this.  I don't understand why people get upset about a show including parts of the book it is based on in the show.  Makes no sense.

nobody is upset, but as i said earlier in this thread, it doesn't make sense to the show and feels forced.  the show is fine without all of that.  i haven't read the books, nor intend to, so the books mean nothing to me.

Offline MeatSauce

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: April 08, 2013, 03:54:16 PM »
Shameless season finale this evening.

What will happen to Jimmy?  There's no way he can die, right?  And Mandy?  Something is going to happen with her.  And what's the story with Frank now?  He has to quit drinking 

Here's my predicto: Mandy kills herself, jimmy survives.
i would be 100% ok with /Mandy.  1 Milkovich is enough.
Frank will kick and scream about giving up the sauce, but then Debs will prolly convince him to get help.  Season 4 relapse.

Welp, we didn't get much closure with Jimmy. I guess that's why they call them cliffhangers!
kinda boring finale, IMO.

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: April 08, 2013, 04:10:58 PM »

nobody is upset, but as i said earlier in this thread, it doesn't make sense to the show and feels forced.  the show is fine without all of that.  i haven't read the books, nor intend to, so the books mean nothing to me.

Fair enough.  I suppose that is part of the delicate balance show writers must strike.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: April 08, 2013, 04:26:51 PM »

The amount of the fantasy stuff in the show really is pretty much on par with the amount in the books to this point in the story arc, fwiw.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: April 08, 2013, 04:32:01 PM »

i never said i liked him.  but you can't argue with how well the actor was cast, nor how well his part is written and acted.  there's a reason you feel strongly enough about him to think he's a c-word.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: April 08, 2013, 04:36:44 PM »

i never said i liked him.  but you can't argue with how well the actor was cast, nor how well his part is written and acted.  there's a reason you feel strongly enough about him to think he's a c-word.

that is true. somehow his face is just the right amount of weird where I actually believe he is the child of incest. he does a great job of making me hate him.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: April 08, 2013, 04:38:56 PM »
through 2 episodes this season it has been interesting to see his fascination with his new queen and how he's starting to leave the protection his mother has provided him up to this point.  the crossbow scene last night was curious to me.

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: April 08, 2013, 04:54:19 PM »
through 2 episodes this season it has been interesting to see his fascination with his new queen and how he's starting to leave the protection his mother has provided him up to this point.  the crossbow scene last night was curious to me.

how the hell do you watch so much tv?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: April 08, 2013, 04:54:35 PM »

You are going to be disappointing in a season or so when the scifi part comes and mushes your face.  Having read the books, it has to happen or the tv show has to become something all together different from the books and quickly.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #3595 on: April 08, 2013, 05:24:39 PM »

how the hell do you watch so much tv?
I 3d printed a copy of myself which is dedicated to all television programming.  you should see my CoD:MW 3 skills son

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: April 08, 2013, 10:25:03 PM »
True story: After the first episode of season 2 where the lady gave birth to a ghost/demon thing, i stopped watching the show.

As a guy who apparently has the same reservations about that kind of stuff, would you recommend me getting back on the horse?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: April 09, 2013, 01:27:00 AM »
Started Shamless before realizing how many episodes there were and then giving up. Debated posting this in the "Shame Yourself" thread but didn't want anyone to think I was doing so ironically.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: April 09, 2013, 01:35:09 AM »
Started Shamless before realizing how many episodes there were and then giving up. Debated posting this in the "Shame Yourself" thread but didn't want anyone to think I was doing so ironically.
wah?  it just finished season three.  there's only 12 episodes each season, and you have 8 months.

i caught up on like 6 seasons of BrBa.  for you.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: April 09, 2013, 01:38:00 AM »
It wasn't for me, you dork.