Author Topic: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...  (Read 1261382 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #3300 on: February 23, 2013, 01:47:10 AM »
no one likes a grammar nazi - SD
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: February 23, 2013, 01:47:40 AM »
Shoshana is by far my favorite character.

:cheers:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: February 23, 2013, 01:17:28 PM »
Just finished homeland season two.   Anyone know deets about 3

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: February 23, 2013, 01:24:27 PM »
Starts back up in September.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: February 27, 2013, 03:27:31 PM »
What an episode of Justified last night.   :sdeek:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: February 27, 2013, 03:31:08 PM »

So fantastic.  Loved the "I hope I was right on that one" moment at the bar.

Love that show.

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: February 27, 2013, 03:36:14 PM »

Love that show.

Guys this is getting ridiculous. How am I supposed to talk about shows I like in the shows I like thread with all the "Justified" posts? Mods please create a Justified thread for all these hayseeds.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: February 27, 2013, 03:37:14 PM »
 :rolleyes:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: February 27, 2013, 03:56:42 PM »

Love that show.

Too bad they ran outta storylines for Arlo.  What a badass.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: February 27, 2013, 04:21:03 PM »
girls season 1 was really good.  girls season 2 is meh, i don't care if i catch it or not.  (haven't even watched the last 2 weeks)- why should i? lol who knows i don't.  sometimes i just don't care about the show.  i still like enlightened though.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: February 27, 2013, 04:53:20 PM »
girls season 1 was really good.  girls season 2 is meh, i don't care if i catch it or not.  (haven't even watched the last 2 weeks)- why should i? lol who knows i don't.  sometimes i just don't care about the show.  i still like enlightened though.
Yeah.  I remember loving the first season a lot.  But I've watched 3 or 4 episodes of this season and now I can't remember why i liked the first season so much.

And for crying out loud, Lena, put your shirt on.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: February 28, 2013, 01:19:24 AM »
I don't care for the Girls episodes that are just Lena by herself in a situation for 30 minutes, and two of the past three episodes have been that way. But Adam's return two weeks ago was great.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: February 28, 2013, 07:42:16 AM »
I don't care for the Girls episodes that are just Lena by herself in a situation for 30 minutes, and two of the past three episodes have been that way. But Adam's return two weeks ago was great.

Yes, I agree. You could just not watch those two episodes and not miss anything in the overall scheme of things. Also, that older guy was way too hot for Hannah.

And maybe they do sort of make her look frumpy by her clothing choices but when you're naked it is what it is. They aren't adding anything to make her naked body look more frumpy.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: February 28, 2013, 11:21:08 PM »
Justified  :combofan:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: March 02, 2013, 01:46:39 PM »
I have a new found love for Mad Men. Finally got over what seems to be the hump, have been rollin' steady ever since. Thank you seven and 8manpick for making me stick it out. Although after finishing the first season, I'd like to offer the following comments:

So I gave up on Mad Men 5 episodes in a couple years ago because there was no one to root for. Peggy has obviously filled that void.

I think Peter Campbell is a more interesting character than Don Draper. I love watching how pathetic he is, trying to pull power moves over his authority figures, and being a dick to everyone equal to or under him. I have way more emotion for him than I do Don, even if it is pure hatred.

So, Don Draper is basically a sheep in wolf's clothing, no? Every time we see something from his past or see him when no one's around, he is an unconfident loser of Landry Jones' size proportion. Took someone else's identity, tried to recently run away from his wife and kids, took it really hard (in a losery way) when he lost a client. I don't really cheer for or against him, he's just (rightly or wrongly) an entity that I observe.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #3315 on: March 02, 2013, 02:11:42 PM »
I'm behind on this thread and don't really care to catch up, but is anyone else watching the following?  it hooked me when the first couple of episodes were :horrorsurprise: :ohno: :sdeek: :eek: ...but it's quickly turning to mostly just :dubious: :rolleyes: :facepalm: :bang:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: March 02, 2013, 02:19:28 PM »
I have a new found love for Mad Men. Finally got over what seems to be the hump, have been rollin' steady ever since. Thank you seven and 8manpick for making me stick it out. Although after finishing the first season, I'd like to offer the following comments:

So I gave up on Mad Men 5 episodes in a couple years ago because there was no one to root for. Peggy has obviously filled that void.

I think Peter Campbell is a more interesting character than Don Draper. I love watching how pathetic he is, trying to pull power moves over his authority figures, and being a dick to everyone equal to or under him. I have way more emotion for him than I do Don, even if it is pure hatred.

So, Don Draper is basically a sheep in wolf's clothing, no? Every time we see something from his past or see him when no one's around, he is an unconfident loser of Landry Jones' size proportion. Took someone else's identity, tried to recently run away from his wife and kids, took it really hard (in a losery way) when he lost a client. I don't really cheer for or against him, he's just (rightly or wrongly) an entity that I observe.

Pete and peggy just get more great.   Don is a horrible person, but i love him. 

If you get to s5, pete and peggy both have some great  :sdeek: moments.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: March 02, 2013, 11:36:34 PM »
I'm behind on this thread and don't really care to catch up, but is anyone else watching the following?  it hooked me when the first couple of episodes were :horrorsurprise: :ohno: :sdeek: :eek: ...but it's quickly turning to mostly just :dubious: :rolleyes: :facepalm: :bang:

I am still watching it, and I disagree your interpretation of the last couple of episodes. In what way has it changed? Did you seriously expect all 15 episodes to be edge of the seat suspense? Or are you one of those "I don't like it when shows try to build a plot, just get to the action" types?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: March 03, 2013, 10:58:59 AM »

I am still watching it, and I disagree your interpretation of the last couple of episodes. In what way has it changed? Did you seriously expect all 15 episodes to be edge of the seat suspense? Or are you one of those "I don't like it when shows try to build a plot, just get to the action" types?

The Following is losing me because its unoriginal at this point.  The answer to any scenario involves a secret cult member on the inside helping them out.  No real suspense, no cleverness, no backstory, just the show going: Oh yea, this one rando is in the cult so he helps them.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: March 03, 2013, 11:07:51 AM »

The Following is losing me because its unoriginal at this point.  The answer to any scenario involves a secret cult member on the inside helping them out.  No real suspense, no cleverness, no backstory, just the show going: Oh yea, this one rando is in the cult so he helps them.

yeah i kind of agree... haven't given up yet though.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: March 03, 2013, 12:19:07 PM »
They are just taking their time in showing you how deep the cult is. I still like it a lot and if they are still building,  its going to get really good. 

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: March 03, 2013, 12:50:44 PM »
They are just taking their time in showing you how deep the cult is. I still like it a lot and if they are still building,  its going to get really good. 

I'm about an episode away from dropping it if they don't come up with a more clever solution to anything.

Offline Willesgirl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: March 03, 2013, 01:02:43 PM »
Right there with you, ChiCat.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: March 03, 2013, 09:55:34 PM »

I'm about an episode away from dropping it if they don't come up with a more clever solution to anything.
agree the writing sucks.   

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: March 03, 2013, 10:01:33 PM »

You are inventing things that needed solutions....The only bad part was the crap job they made the police/swat do creating a perimeter around the house. The fact that two guys could sneak in and take their uniforms was not very believable. But all these things you claim need more "clever" solutions to don't really exist.