Author Topic: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...  (Read 1262198 times)

Online WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Re: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #2800 on: December 04, 2012, 11:39:32 AM »
melanie is so much better than the others but she won't win because she doesn't wail like all the other singers on all these stupid shows do. loved it when she wasn't looking at xtina and xtina was like, OMG, she's not looking at me!

The guy with the beard is OK, too, I guess.

boy, didn't see this coming from you.  ;)
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: December 04, 2012, 12:09:03 PM »
Melanie is just not as good of a singer as Trevin, Terry or Cassadee...If you honestly think otherwise, you are wrong.  She is creative and cute or whatever but she's simply not as good.  If you want the best "artist," you should be watcing X Factor or something.  The Voice is all about the rough ridin' pipes.  Plus her performance last night was especially meh.

I think Melanie and Nicholas will probably end up splitting the votes of the people that like the "different"/"off the wall" artists, so I believe whoever loses that battle will most likely go home. 

Amanda is nice, but she's up against too much.

In my opinion, it has to be Trevin, Terry, Cassadee and Nicholas in the final four.  IMO

I'm usually very wrong about this kind of stuff.  People are weird.
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: December 04, 2012, 12:09:14 PM »
melanie is so much better than the others but she won't win because she doesn't wail like all the other singers on all these stupid shows do. loved it when she wasn't looking at xtina and xtina was like, OMG, she's not looking at me!

The guy with the beard is OK, too, I guess.

boy, didn't see this coming from you.  ;)

In all seriousness, the other singers are indistinguishable. that one black guy sweats a lot, but that's about it.

But my god, the dancers carrying the cardboard cutouts on mel's song were hilarious and trying to be the star of the show.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: December 04, 2012, 12:16:49 PM »
Melanie is just not as good of a singer as Trevin, Terry or Cassadee...If you honestly think otherwise, you are wrong.  She is creative and cute or whatever but she's simply not as good.  If you want the best "artist," you should be watcing X Factor or something.  The Voice is all about the rough ridin' pipes.  Plus her performance last night was especially meh.

I think Melanie and Nicholas will probably end up splitting the votes of the people that like the "different"/"off the wall" artists, so I believe whoever loses that battle will most likely go home. 

Amanda is nice, but she's up against too much.

In my opinion, it has to be Trevin, Terry, Cassadee and Nicholas in the final four.  IMO

I'm usually very wrong about this kind of stuff.  People are weird.

sorry bud, just because the voice is called the voice doesn't mean I want people to just wail like idiots.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: December 04, 2012, 12:23:32 PM »
terry is smooth and great but like clams said he could be singing at a bar in salina. no way he can win this thing. if i had to guess a final two it would be trevin and cassadee. not saying that it should be but that's what i think will happen.

also what about adam putting the roxy on blast the other day. my word adam.  :facepalm:

also, christina's passive agressive deep breaths and long pauses while saying something sort of but not really nice about contestants she doesn't like is absolutely priceless. just hilarious.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2805 on: December 04, 2012, 12:54:49 PM »
Cassadee is a lock as a finalist.  Apparently America loves her.  I want to see Nick make it but don't believe it will happen.  Really surprised Terry is still in there and high on iTunes.  Doesn't seem like he'd hit the demographics for this.

Online WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: December 04, 2012, 01:03:00 PM »
terry absolutely killed with "I want to know what love is." that's why it is so high on itunes right now.  I agree his others are pretty meh.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: December 04, 2012, 01:17:55 PM »
I also liked it when Christina just decided she was going to start singing last night.

also also:

http://lobolobito.tumblr.com/post/30360217348/your-body-single-release-super-hit

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #2808 on: December 04, 2012, 01:36:56 PM »
I also liked it when Christina just decided she was going to start singing last night.

This is alway the best/most awkward moment on any show where a former star is a judge.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
:adios:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: December 04, 2012, 02:35:16 PM »
liked TWD finale, can't wait til february.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #2811 on: December 04, 2012, 11:02:04 PM »
I am pretty upset.  Loved Amanda.  But like I told my wife last night, no one was going to buy that Whitesnake song on iTunes.

Adam totally screwed her on that.

I'm team Nick all the way now.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: December 04, 2012, 11:21:49 PM »
Just watched the mid season finale of the walking dead.  It is easily the most interesting show on television.  Every episode is a 40 minute thrill ride. Can't wait to hear thoughts from 'clams and katkid.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: December 05, 2012, 01:14:22 AM »
Just watched the mid season finale of the walking dead.  It is easily the most interesting show on television.  Every episode is a 40 minute thrill ride. Can't wait to hear thoughts from 'clams and katkid.

I stick to the statement I've been making since I admitted I like it: It is a guilty pleasure. It is not realistic, zombies die too easily, that girl's sword cuts things WAY too easily, but it is a comic book with moving pictures. No one gets upset when comic books aren't realistic and that's pretty much the mentality that Walking Dead has adapted. It's a fun show. They've done a lot better of making this season have more action, so props to them for fixing a glaring problem in season 2.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: December 05, 2012, 01:21:23 AM »
Is Carl getting ready to try to take over leadership on TWD? The trailer for February seems to suggest that. If so, he needs to find a babe for those moments when the stress of command is too much. Who comes to mind to fill that role?

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: December 05, 2012, 01:24:42 AM »
Oh yeah, meant to mention that as one of the other things they fixed. Carl does not annoy the crap out of me anymore.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: December 05, 2012, 01:27:46 AM »
Oh yeah, meant to mention that as one of the other things they fixed. Carl does not annoy the crap out of me anymore.

yeah, same with lori.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: December 05, 2012, 07:24:18 AM »

I stick to the statement I've been making since I admitted I like it: It is a guilty pleasure. It is not realistic, zombies die too easily, that girl's sword cuts things WAY too easily, but it is a comic book with moving pictures. No one gets upset when comic books aren't realistic and that's pretty much the mentality that Walking Dead has adapted. It's a fun show. They've done a lot better of making this season have more action, so props to them for fixing a glaring problem in season 2.

A show about zombies is not realistic? Hmm...

If I have a complaint about Walking Dead, it's the terrible acting. Otherwise, the show is great.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: December 05, 2012, 07:29:32 AM »
I'm glad Jax didn't kill Tig. Tig is probably my favorite character on SOA.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: December 05, 2012, 09:03:39 AM »
it's a bad sign when the acting and writing for the commercials during a show are better constructed than the show that they're appearing within.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2820 on: December 05, 2012, 09:04:13 AM »
I'm glad Jax didn't kill Tig. Tig is probably my favorite character on SOA.

yeah, i never really felt like Tig was going to die, I just expected the "plan" to be a little different. 

I like that they cleaned up a bunch of lose ends.  Really narrowing the focus of the show for next season and maybe end this thing.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: December 05, 2012, 09:04:42 AM »
they are easy to kill because the bodies are rotten and fragile.

Online WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: December 05, 2012, 09:05:26 AM »
I am pretty upset.  Loved Amanda.  But like I told my wife last night, no one was going to buy that Whitesnake song on iTunes.

Adam totally screwed her on that.

I'm team Nick all the way now.

she just wasnt consistent enough, imo. Glad to see Nick stay...man awesome.

Blake vs. Cee lo. 
- chunkles

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: December 05, 2012, 09:08:57 AM »
i've heard nick sing the same song for 14 weeks in a row.  he's not garbage but he's really not very entertaining to me especially compared to melanie when they had their duet last night and she just sang circles around him.

well i guess if the voice doesn't work out for him he can go back to his Doobie Brothers cover band or where ever he came from

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: December 05, 2012, 09:35:40 AM »
Yea, Nick is doing the same thing every week as opposed to Melanie who was really mixing it up  :rolleyes:

Everyone in the final 6 had benefitted from doing the same thing every week, save Trevin's awful attempt at Usher and Amanda