Author Topic: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...  (Read 1261809 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #2725 on: November 29, 2012, 11:44:27 AM »
the guys on shaggy said it was a military thing, and not uncommon at all for your whole family to call you by your last name since that's what you go by to everyone else.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: November 29, 2012, 11:51:13 AM »
the guys on shaggy said it was a military thing, and not uncommon at all for your whole family to call you by your last name since that's what you go by to everyone else.

But it's, at least generally speaking, their last name too.  For example in high school, particularly in sports, friends, coaches, teammates all called me by my last name or a variant thereof.  Same in undergrad.  No member of my family has ever called me by my last name.  How the eff do they know who they're talking to if more than one of them is in the room?  Sounds less like a military thing and more like a dumbass thing. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: November 29, 2012, 11:53:33 AM »
military and dumbass aren't mutually exclusive mr. bread.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: November 29, 2012, 11:56:16 AM »
military and dumbass aren't mutually exclusive mr. bread.

'clams is gonna be so mad at you if this gets sent to the pit. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: November 29, 2012, 11:58:03 AM »
like he really watches all those talent shows.  he just reads an article the next day and trolls the crap out of all of you.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2730 on: November 29, 2012, 11:58:21 AM »
Breadgolina Jolie. Can I call you that?
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: November 29, 2012, 12:27:36 PM »
Breadgolina Jolie. Can I call you that?

Is that your variant of my last name? :thumbs:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: November 29, 2012, 12:44:15 PM »
i'll just delete all of seven's dumbasses posts from this thread and then relegate his posting privileges to the pit.  i will.  trust me, oh boy i'd love to.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: November 29, 2012, 12:53:03 PM »

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: November 29, 2012, 02:21:42 PM »

:facepalm:

crazy, right?  saul fails polygraph when asked about slipping the razor blade.  after he finds out, he goes into the next room, slumps down and starts muttering something in arybic. what was the purpose of that scene?  still doesn't make sense to me.  Later, he believes everything about Kari's sniper theory - psychosis notwithstanding - but when Kari tells him that Brody has a bomb in the safe room, all of a sudden Saul thinks she's insane.  What was that about? 

Just sayin that in a show predicated upon incredibly unexpected plot twists, don't be surprised....

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: November 29, 2012, 02:24:05 PM »
picking out the lie detector test and ignoring the 1million times he did stuff to directly hurt the terrorists is pretty far reaching.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: November 29, 2012, 02:28:24 PM »
picking out the lie detector test and ignoring the 1million times he did stuff to directly hurt the terrorists is pretty far reaching.

It's a TV show, it's compelling because of bizarre, unrealistic plot twists. 

Ever seen breaking bad?  Prett far reaching that Walt is a kingpin meth dealer, while at the same time, having family BBQs with his DEA brother-in-law. 

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: November 29, 2012, 02:29:50 PM »

Also, it seems that smart shows like these don't just throw in random, meaningless scenes.  If that scene had no relevance/importance, why produce it? 

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: November 29, 2012, 02:37:33 PM »
If SoA stops being cheesy, I don't think I could watch it. I really doubt it stopped being cheesy though. let me guess, tension between the aussie and hellboy next season? :lol:

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: November 29, 2012, 02:39:11 PM »

Also, it seems that smart shows like these don't just throw in random, meaningless scenes.  If that scene had no relevance/importance, why produce it?

i don't remember exactly what was going down during that episode, but something heavy was going on and he pretty much mushed the lie detector beause he was more concerned with whatever it was that was going on.  possibly it was also because at the time there was a "who is the mole" kind of sentiment and it was done to confuse the viewer early in the series.  the events since then have pretty much shown that saul is one of 3 people that are for sure the good guys (carrie and estes are the others).

not sure what you were trying to say about breaking bad, in the context of the show, walt would definitely be doing those things.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: November 29, 2012, 02:40:29 PM »
If SoA stops being cheesy, I don't think I could watch it. I really doubt it stopped being cheesy though. let me guess, tension between the aussie and hellboy next season? :lol:

it hasn't necessarily stopped being cheesy, it has just stopped going over-the-top with it.  Like somewhere between last season and this season, they told everybody to take it from a 9 to a 6.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: November 29, 2012, 02:46:18 PM »

i don't remember exactly what was going down during that episode, but something heavy was going on and he pretty much mushed the lie detector beause he was more concerned with whatever it was that was going on.  possibly it was also because at the time there was a "who is the mole" kind of sentiment and it was done to confuse the viewer early in the series.  the events since then have pretty much shown that saul is one of 3 people that are for sure the good guys (carrie and estes are the others).

not sure what you were trying to say about breaking bad, in the context of the show, walt would definitely be doing those things.

NOPE.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: November 29, 2012, 02:47:37 PM »
yeah, i debated about including estes.  he's like... an 8 and carrie and saul are 10's.  everyone else is like a 4-6.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: November 29, 2012, 02:59:46 PM »
So I just googled "homeland Saul the mole" and linked to myriad message boards and entertainment blogs predicting that Saul is the mole.  Feel better knowing I'm not the only one mildly suspicious of Saul.   

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: November 29, 2012, 03:01:57 PM »
So I just googled "homeland Saul the mole" and linked to myriad message boards and entertainment blogs predicting that Saul is the mole.  Feel better knowing I'm not the only one mildly suspicious of Saul.

no, you're not the only one, i wasn't trying to suggest that.  i just feel it's misguided.  i'm generally misguided myself.  :cheers:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2745 on: November 29, 2012, 03:18:56 PM »
which is worse, SOA fanboy or Walking Dead fanboy?  or maybe Breaking Bad fanboy? all suck equally, which is to say the worst something can possibly suck.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: November 29, 2012, 04:10:30 PM »
1. I've never heard military spouses call their spouse by their last name. And Ft. Riley's like, a hundred yards away from Manhattan. I think I would have heard of this before.

2. I thought it was Saul for a while. It makes sense, his wife was Arab or Persian or whatever. But why would he bring that video of Brody to Carrie if he was a mole? It would have been easy to let the guy from the airport take it, or just pretend it never existed obviously. Like, he went pretty far out of his way to get that video back to the US.

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: November 29, 2012, 04:16:22 PM »
which is worse, SOA fanboy or Walking Dead fanboy?  or maybe Breaking Bad fanboy? all suck equally, which is to say the worst something can possibly suck.

the anti-salt fanboy.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: November 29, 2012, 04:17:13 PM »

the anti-salt fanboy.

:lol:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: November 29, 2012, 04:42:33 PM »
1. I've never heard military spouses call their spouse by their last name. And Ft. Riley's like, a hundred yards away from Manhattan. I think I would have heard of this before.

I think it's only possible if the spouse  was also military and they met in the military. Even then, I haven't seen it.