Author Topic: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...  (Read 1261451 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #2650 on: November 25, 2012, 08:18:44 PM »

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: November 25, 2012, 08:30:24 PM »
The end of the show wasn't great but man it was really creepy as they figured it out

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: November 25, 2012, 08:56:51 PM »
The end of the show wasn't great but man it was really creepy as they figured it out

The episodes should be 30 minutes.  They've both been easy as hell to figure out and too much of the episode has been filler.  The host/investigator has to play too dumb to drag it out.  Also a lot of making sure each episode fits the same structure, kind of like how all the old mtv dating shows would go.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: November 25, 2012, 09:02:51 PM »
walking dead  :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:  can't wait for the next episode

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: November 25, 2012, 09:07:27 PM »
walking dead  :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:  can't wait for the next episode

this show has jumped the zombie shark.  Like a while ago.  Completely typical you like this crap.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2655 on: November 25, 2012, 09:10:33 PM »

this show has jumped the zombie shark.  Like a while ago.  Completely typical you like this crap.

man oh man is it good.  i'm sorry you don't enjoy it.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: November 26, 2012, 01:04:57 AM »
I just don't know what to say about Boardwalk.  I think we all had our doubts about some of these storylines, but my word.  But man, incredibly well done.  Maybe the best episode of the series.  Every scene was great.

I can't wait for next week.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: November 26, 2012, 01:25:12 AM »
I just don't know what to say about Boardwalk.  I think we all had our doubts about some of these storylines, but my word.  But man, incredibly well done.  Maybe the best episode of the series.  Every scene was great.

I can't wait for next week.

yeah.

i kind of want to turn this into a poster.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 01:50:19 AM by seven »
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: November 26, 2012, 01:26:10 AM »

it jumped back over that shark this season and got awesome again.   :dance:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: November 26, 2012, 08:49:19 AM »
the only thing better than the walking dead is the butthurt it produces from people who don't watch it.

man, the governer is creepy.  and glen is such a badass.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: November 26, 2012, 09:32:00 AM »
the only thing better than the walking dead is the butthurt it produces from people who don't watch it.

man, the governer is creepy.  and glen is such a badass.

I watch it.  It is terrible.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: November 26, 2012, 09:46:32 AM »
I got homeland coming via netflix.  Plan on getting into that next week.
Is Homeland available to stream on Netflix?

I lost my two DVDs I had at home a long time ago, I pretty much only use Netflix for streaming now.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: November 26, 2012, 10:38:06 AM »
Homeland last night was BANANAS. What a great television program. It's worth getting Showtime for free.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: November 26, 2012, 11:02:35 AM »
I got homeland coming via netflix.  Plan on getting into that next week.
Is Homeland available to stream on Netflix?

I lost my two DVDs I had at home a long time ago, I pretty much only use Netflix for streaming now.

I've beend getting the DVDs mailed out.  3 episodes in: First few episodes of any series can be terrible as they try to hit you over the head with learning the characters.  Homeland is pretty good though, and it doesnt feel like its outside of the general story.  Going pretty good through the first part means potentially setting up to be awesome.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: November 26, 2012, 12:05:37 PM »
I watched all of Homeland season 1 last week, starting season 2 now. And dear lord, is there an uglier crier on earth than claire danes?

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: November 26, 2012, 12:24:30 PM »
boardwalk was incredible last night, the best hour of television i've watched in a long time.  can't wait to see how things unfold next week, i hope richard can survive.

agree w/ trim on Catfish being too long, also, if you're dating someone for 10 years and haven't met them, guess what, yup, that's right, they're weird and not telling you something about themselves.
felt bad for the black dancer girl though, she seemed really nice.  too bad about liar scorpio.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline JohnCurrie is Weird/Gross

• Combo-Fan
  • Miss You Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: November 26, 2012, 01:03:42 PM »
boardwalk was incredible last night, the best hour of television i've watched in a long time.  can't wait to see how things unfold next week, i hope richard can survive.

agree w/ trim on Catfish being too long, also, if you're dating someone for 10 years and haven't met them, guess what, yup, that's right, they're weird and not telling you something about themselves.
felt bad for the black dancer girl though, she seemed really nice.  too bad about liar scorpio.

Why do the people that are lying agree to be part of this show? They have to sign a release for their face to be used on tv, so why in the world would they sign that? Do they encourage their friends and family to tune in? I did like documentary and thought it was real but remember a lot of people questioning it's validity at the time. So far the tv show has seemed pretty far-fetched.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: November 26, 2012, 01:25:12 PM »
they don't have to sign a release until after being filmed.  after having a chance to think about the opportunity to appear on an MTV television show.  why not do it?   does it make them appear like losers?  yes.  are they losers?  yes.  do they realize it, probably but not the extent of the reality they're in..   i'm sure mtv pays them something nominal but seems like a million bucks to these idiots.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline JohnCurrie is Weird/Gross

• Combo-Fan
  • Miss You Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: November 26, 2012, 01:37:42 PM »
they don't have to sign a release until after being filmed.  after having a chance to think about the opportunity to appear on an MTV television show.  why not do it?   does it make them appear like losers?  yes.  are they losers?  yes.  do they realize it, probably but not the extent of the reality they're in..   i'm sure mtv pays them something nominal but seems like a million bucks to these idiots.

Yeah I guess it hard to look at these things in the reality these people are living in but even before allegedy knowing about MTV's invovlement they are agree to meet up with the people they've been communicating with. I don't understand why they would readily give their real home addresses knowing they will be caught in their lie. The whole thing just feels a little too contrived and agree with Trim, an hour is way to long. Do not care about lessons learned at the end.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: November 26, 2012, 01:57:57 PM »
I watched all of Homeland season 1 last week, starting season 2 now. And dear lord, is there an uglier crier on earth than claire danes?

I mean Jesus Christ.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2670 on: November 26, 2012, 01:59:39 PM »
 :horrorsurprise:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: November 26, 2012, 02:05:52 PM »
I'm about 2/3 through season 1.  they were wrong!

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: November 26, 2012, 02:12:00 PM »
I'm about 2/3 through season 1.  they were wrong!

:runaway:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: November 26, 2012, 02:34:05 PM »

Yeah I guess it hard to look at these things in the reality these people are living in but even before allegedy knowing about MTV's invovlement they are agree to meet up with the people they've been communicating with. I don't understand why they would readily give their real home addresses knowing they will be caught in their lie. The whole thing just feels a little too contrived and agree with Trim, an hour is way to long. Do not care about lessons learned at the end.

You touched on it, but I don't think MTV or releases has anything to do with it, as they're giving themselves up on the lie instantly, at least on the TV show.  Both so far have readily agreed to meet the person, knowing full well the jig will be up.  I suspect the show is ID'ing the people before they even take on the project and either speculating they'll agree to fit nicely into the format or even have it pre-arranged.

Even if somebody decided to not sign off on the show after the whole thing goes down, the show could still blur their face and show all kinds of stuff that would expose the catfish as a loser.  The unbelievable part is them agreeing to meet somebody after a rando cold-calls them for 5 minutes.

For an hour long, I thought there'd be way more work into unraveling a mystery each time.  We put more effort in exposing socks here than that dude has to do on the show.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: November 26, 2012, 06:45:09 PM »

Yeah this is going to be awesome. It's like we've been saying all along... MORE CHALKY!!!!!
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.