Author Topic: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...  (Read 1261611 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #2525 on: November 05, 2012, 12:49:18 PM »
did anyone else catch boardwalk empire last night?  seems like they're finally ready to start tying up some of these loose ends.  also, boom.

Hey clams, I haven't watched it yet but I will soon. Then ill post back and let you know what I think!

sounds great i'll check back in this thread and look for your posit re- the latest episode

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: November 05, 2012, 03:16:05 PM »
Lori being gone is a plus but dragging a baby around seems like a big minus.  Could be this season's equivalent of wasting the first half searching for some dumbass little girl.

well the baby isn't going anywhere...they aren't going to kill a newborn.  i think as long as they don't make the baby the center of the show, it's a pretty interesting new dynamic for the group to raise a child in such a messed up world.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #2527 on: November 05, 2012, 07:55:22 PM »
did anyone else catch boardwalk empire last night?  seems like they're finally ready to start tying up some of these loose ends.  also, boom.
just watched it on dvr omg holy crap :horrorsurprise:

there's gonna be a war :excited:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: November 05, 2012, 11:29:04 PM »
WALKING DEAD!!!!
Most intense episode ever

Definitely the most intense ever. I sense a Rick vs. The Governor showdown coming. Rick, of course, will prevail. At the end of the day, however, only one person can save the world from the zombies--Collin Klein. My bet is he'll join the show when the second half of the Walking Dead split season debuts in what AMC says will be the Spring.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: November 06, 2012, 01:29:41 AM »
BW-Emp:

Did Billy die?  I kind of hope so.  I'm tired of her.  We get it, you're a spunky 20-something who is "doing it on your own." BORING.

Another week with no Chalky.  Previews had him in next week though.  Probably to help bail out Nuck-Nuck in his impending war.

Van Alden just gets better and better.  I could watch an entire series based on his life.  His character is so great.  His new wife is a peach too, but we already knew that.  They did a good job with building up Van Alden's rage this season.  I really believed his "snap."

I have a hard time keeping all of the Melon stuff straight. 

What role will Masky play in the war?  I hope he fights for Nucky.  Considering his relationship with Jimmy's mom, who he hates, he'd have to fight on Nucky's side imo.

Can't wait for next week.  How many 'sodes are there each season?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: November 06, 2012, 07:14:25 AM »
Team Blake:

Terry
Julio(ugh)
Cassadee

Team Adam:

Amanda
Brian
Joselyn(or Loren, both meh)
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: November 06, 2012, 09:30:25 AM »
BW-Emp:

Did Billy die?  I kind of hope so.  I'm tired of her.  We get it, you're a spunky 20-something who is "doing it on your own." BORING.

Another week with no Chalky.  Previews had him in next week though.  Probably to help bail out Nuck-Nuck in his impending war.

Van Alden just gets better and better.  I could watch an entire series based on his life.  His character is so great.  His new wife is a peach too, but we already knew that.  They did a good job with building up Van Alden's rage this season.  I really believed his "snap."

What role will Masky play in the war?  I hope he fights for Nucky.  Considering his relationship with Jimmy's mom, who he hates, he'd have to fight on Nucky's side imo.

billy is in pieces

van alden is 100% loc'd now

the melon stuff is just nucky aligning himself with melon so he can stay out of jail.  together they'll take down the atty general

i don't know what richard harrow is going to do in the war, it was a weird interaction at the whore house with him and rosetti.   i wonder if they align and take rosetti's side, in AC, without nucky knowing.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: November 07, 2012, 01:48:58 PM »
top chef- seattle starts tonight

also, does anyone watch criminal minds on cbs?  that is a weird show.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: November 07, 2012, 02:22:37 PM »

Sweeeeeeeeeeet. 

Offline TheCatFanSpeaks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: November 07, 2012, 05:00:09 PM »

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #2535 on: November 08, 2012, 12:06:39 AM »

Sweeeeeeeeeeet.

laughed real hard when the dude was all "No. 1 Restaurant on Yelp"

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: November 08, 2012, 12:18:18 AM »

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: November 08, 2012, 02:47:00 AM »
Walking Dead - My biggest complaint with this show is that they don't really develop characters. I was not sad when T-Dogg died, or when Lori died, or even that Carl had to shoot her (or did he?). They honestly didn't do a good job of laying out the situation until she was dead. I was very impressed with Andrew Lincoln's acting in the last 30 seconds. That did get to me. I'm kind of glad they're getting rid of characters. There are only a few interesting ones, and we're finally getting to the cream of the crop.

Dexter - Most disappointed I have ever been with a scene in that show. The final 10 seconds were cheesy, and so unlike Dexter.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: November 08, 2012, 06:56:10 AM »
Team CeeLo:

Trevin <--Frontrunner
Cody
Nicholas

Team XTina: aka full of meh

Sylvia
Devyn
De’Borah
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: November 08, 2012, 08:03:17 AM »
Team Blake:

Terry
Julio(ugh)
Cassadee

Team Adam:

Amanda
Brian
Joselyn(or Loren, both meh)

Team Adam---------> Melanie Martinez, Joselyn Rivera, Amanda Brown

Team Blake--------->Terry McDermott, Liz Davis, Cassadee Pope

Team XTina--------->Sylvia Yacoub, Devyn DeLoera, De'Borah (lol)

Team CeeLo--------->Trevin Hunte, Diego Val, Cody Belew

also lol'd the other night when Terry told his dad not to drink too much that night.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: November 08, 2012, 08:09:03 AM »
hopefully America votes smart. If Melanie makes it, my god what a travesty.

Terry had a good line in the beginning clip too. I like him. 
- chunkles

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: November 08, 2012, 08:11:06 AM »
this is where we part ways, Dub Dub, i love melanie.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: November 09, 2012, 10:04:18 PM »
Walking Dead - My biggest complaint with this show is that they don't really develop characters. I was not sad when T-Dogg died, or when Lori died, or even that Carl had to shoot her (or did he?). They honestly didn't do a good job of laying out the situation until she was dead. I was very impressed with Andrew Lincoln's acting in the last 30 seconds. That did get to me. I'm kind of glad they're getting rid of characters. There are only a few interesting ones, and we're finally getting to the cream of the crop.

Dexter - Most disappointed I have ever been with a scene in that show. The final 10 seconds were cheesy, and so unlike Dexter.

They did a decent job developing Rick and Shane I thought.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: November 09, 2012, 10:09:20 PM »

Like I said, there are a few interesting one. But when there's 20 main characters and 4, maybe 5, are interesting, those aren't very good odds.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: November 09, 2012, 10:15:33 PM »
they don't develop those people because they are not important and they die.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: November 09, 2012, 10:21:38 PM »
they don't develop those people because they are not important and they die.

Sure, but 2 full seasons is way too long to keep someone for the sole purpose of getting killed.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: November 10, 2012, 01:49:50 AM »
BW-Emp:

billy is in pieces

van alden is 100% loc'd now

the melon stuff is just nucky aligning himself with melon so he can stay out of jail.  together they'll take down the atty general

i don't know what richard harrow is going to do in the war, it was a weird interaction at the whore house with him and rosetti.   i wonder if they align and take rosetti's side, in AC, without nucky knowing.

Just got caught up on BW Emp this afternoon.

I agree, Dlew, with the Van Alden snap comment. His character development has been great and he is really one of the few characters on the show that shows any raw emotion.

I especially liked the scene with Nucky and Jimmy's whorebag slutface evil shitperson mom. The way neither of them could admit what they had done but wanted the other to admit to it was just incredible.

I hope Billy rots in hell. Her character is so unnecessary unless something happens with Schroeder and Nucky. Like, Schroeder acts as the victim in the relationship but shes cheated just as much.

Chalky will come to Nucky's side sooner or later, just wait. Masky is going to be on Nucky's side, IMO.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: November 10, 2012, 09:10:06 AM »
Masky is going to be on Nucky's side, IMO.

nucky killed jimmy, i doubt that harrow forgets that.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: November 10, 2012, 09:38:06 AM »

Like I said, there are a few interesting one. But when there's 20 main characters and 4, maybe 5, are interesting, those aren't very good odds.
yeah they really need to humanize the characters better. possibly by having flashbacks  :dunno: to what they were/did in their "past" life or just more dialogue in general. would make a good show a great one.  It's enjoyable but they could be doing so much more.  Also Carl(ricks son) shooting his own mom, woof.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: November 10, 2012, 09:50:55 AM »
also parks and rec I think its time to pull the plug on rob lowe. he had a good run