Author Topic: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...  (Read 1261573 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #2450 on: October 23, 2012, 08:04:00 PM »
on The Voice, why do they call it "a steal" when the person who would otherwise is getting kicked off, gets scooped up by another judge? 

there's just some stuff about that show that rubs me the complete wrong way.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: October 23, 2012, 08:37:10 PM »
on The Voice, why do they call it "a steal" when the person who would otherwise is getting kicked off, gets scooped up by another judge? 

Yeah, they should call it dumpster diving instead.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: October 23, 2012, 08:57:54 PM »

thought the same.

although im still completely addicted. Im going to miss Cee Lo.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: October 23, 2012, 11:25:47 PM »
oh man, you don't think they really killed off jax's son, do you?   :horrorsurprise:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: October 23, 2012, 11:39:30 PM »
The villain is really, really good. Reminds me of Gus Fring, but way more eerie.
Hm.  I don't watch Dexter (not this season anyway,  :shakesfist: Dish!), but I never really thought of Gus as a villain per se. 

Was he a bad guy?  Absolutely.  Was he an antagonist?  Well, yes.  Was he a villain?   Probably.

But I never really thought of him that way.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: October 24, 2012, 08:27:37 AM »
oh man, you don't think they really killed off jax's son, do you?   :horrorsurprise:

Hopefully Jemma's dead.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: October 24, 2012, 08:41:59 AM »

Hopefully Jemma's dead.

Doubt her husband would write her out of the show.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: October 24, 2012, 09:08:04 AM »
i feel like juice is going to die soon.  probably should have died 2 seasons ago, though, honestly.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: October 24, 2012, 09:29:31 AM »

Hopefully Jemma's dead.

Doubt her husband would write her out of the show.

Yeah probably not, but I can hope. Maybe she'll be in a coma for a couple episodes.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: October 24, 2012, 09:39:19 AM »
who do you guys think has the strongest team on the voice?

blake?

cee lo?

x-tina?

adam?

tough.  very tough.  maybe cee lo or adam would be my guess.  blake's team is just a complete joke.

who knows guys but we'll see as the intensity begins to wratchet up when the knockout rounds begin next monday  :ohno:

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2460 on: October 24, 2012, 10:26:48 AM »

blake?

cee lo?

x-tina?

adam?

tough.  very tough.  maybe cee lo or adam would be my guess.  blake's team is just a complete joke.

who knows guys but we'll see as the intensity begins to wratchet up when the knockout rounds begin next monday  :ohno:

i say adam. He was pulling all the good ones.  All it takes is one good one though.

I forgot how the knockout rounds work.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: October 24, 2012, 10:42:32 AM »
ya they really have.  and we need more chalky.

Been saying this since the first season. Chalky needs a bigger role in everything.

Also, I understand that Nelson Van Alden was important because he was oh so close to getting Nucky at one point, but he's a rough ridin' joke of a character now. He has no redeeming qualities and I don't feel sorry for him. They should have had him drown at the end of the first season instead.  :shakesfist:
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: October 24, 2012, 10:45:00 AM »
And that prisoner, Tiny...  was that kitchen full of bacon cheeseburgers or something?

a whole prison full of food for 5 dudes

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: October 24, 2012, 10:45:29 AM »

The Ed has dressed up as Chalky for Halloween at least once.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: October 24, 2012, 10:52:46 AM »

Been saying this since the first season. Chalky needs a bigger role in everything.

Also, I understand that Nelson Van Alden was important because he was oh so close to getting Nucky at one point, but he's a rough ridin' joke of a character now. He has no redeeming qualities and I don't feel sorry for him. They should have had him drown at the end of the first season instead.  :shakesfist:

i think it will  be interesting to watch van alden slowly decend into the life of organized crime, and what will happen to him as he does.  two weeks ago he shows up and needs help dumping a body, and last week the writers don't mention him at all.  lame.

i'm sick of nucky and the dancer/actor chick.  don't care about his wife's hospital crap either.  do like the two irish boning though.  could spell trouble.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: October 24, 2012, 10:57:58 AM »

i think it will  be interesting to watch van alden slowly decend into the life of organized crime, and what will happen to him as he does.  two weeks ago he shows up and needs help dumping a body, and last week the writers don't mention him at all.  lame.

i'm sick of nucky and the dancer/actor chick.  don't care about his wife's hospital crap either.  do like the two irish boning though.  could spell trouble.

I haven't had a chance to watch Sunday's episode yet, but this used to be my favorite show on premium cable. I don't know if I have given season 3 a fair chance yet. To be honest, still pretty butthurt about Jimmy and his lesbian wife being killed. Loved those two crazy kids!

Also, eff Jimmy's mom. She is by far the most evil character on the show.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: October 24, 2012, 11:43:53 AM »

How long until the doctor kid kills someone to get Chalky's daughter interested and then takes over the family biz?  Could be the new Jimmy.

Also, Nelson is obvs being shown going through a boring rock bottom thing and that he will snap at some point and either go all John Brown(only on alcohol types) or get involved in the biz himself.  Both would be interesting imo.

Something has to happen soon.  This has gotta be an establishment period and something big is going to pop, otherwise this is the last season.

Right now the only drama is the guy who gets pissed off too easy acting as a podunk gas road block and the fact that Nucky isn't happy with the Irish chick at home.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: October 24, 2012, 12:06:42 PM »

agree with most of this but they need to speed up the 'irish boning' plot line and get to the point.  they've spent waaaaay too much time on the uncomfortableness between them.  they mumped and now it's awkward, we get it, move along please.  they're finally rough ridin' again so hopefully something interesting is in store.

the problem I have with nelson is that I find him as boring as he's supposed to be, if that makes sense.  hopefully now that he's about to go to the dark side his character will become more interesting.

love gyp rosetti. that's obviously the main plot line with he and nucky and rothstein and now benny seigel.  that's the most interesting part of the show...other than we need more chalky...and capone.

and what the eff is with the mask dude.  I feel like the writers had something interesting going with him at first and now they don't know what the eff to do with him.  :sdeek:  now they're gonna start another love story angle?  :facepalm:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: October 24, 2012, 12:16:24 PM »

I haven't had a chance to watch Sunday's episode yet, but this used to be my favorite show on premium cable. I don't know if I have given season 3 a fair chance yet. To be honest, still pretty butthurt about Jimmy and his lesbian wife being killed. Loved those two crazy kids!

if you thought jimmy's mom was weird before watching this last sunday's episode, just wait to you see what you have waiting for you....

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: October 24, 2012, 12:53:33 PM »
It may be weird, but how great is Eddie Cantor on Boardwalk.  Every time he's on screen, I just crack up.  He's so "1920s showbiz," which i find hilarious.

Also, I love Mask dude.  More than '11 Bachelorette Mask Dude?  no.  More than WildcatMask?  Yes.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: October 24, 2012, 12:55:56 PM »

blake?

cee lo?

x-tina?

adam?

i say adam. He was pulling all the good ones.  All it takes is one good one though.

agree with all this and yeah, blake's team is complete dog crap. like dub dub said though, you just need one good one. does blake have it? tune in to the knockout rounds to find out.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: October 24, 2012, 12:56:23 PM »
eddie cantor is great b/c he reminds me of scoops callahan

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: October 24, 2012, 12:58:48 PM »

blake?

cee lo?

x-tina?

adam?

the knockout round is new, like the steal was

Thanks to the Hollywood Reporter, we now have a comprehensive look at what happens in the knockout rounds. Here’s what to expect:

1) At the start of the knockout round, each team has 10 remaining contestants, with a total of 40 contestants left on the show.

2) Contestants pick their own songs for this round.

3) Each contestant is then paired up with a member of his or her own team.

4) One contestant sits on the side of the stage while the other sings the song, and when the performance ends, they switch.

5) Though they’re singing different songs, the two contestants are judged against one another.

6) Whoever is declared the victor by their coach advances, and whoever loses is sent home. There are no “steals” in this phase of the competition.

7) At the end of the knockout rounds, each coach’s team will be cut in half with a total of 20 contestants remaining in the competition and moving onto the live shows.

The knockout rounds will air on Monday, Oct. 29 from 8-10 p.m. ET and on Tuesday, Oct. 30 from 8-10 p.m. ET on NBC. That’s four full hours of knockout round goodness!

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: October 24, 2012, 01:53:55 PM »

if you thought jimmy's mom was weird before watching this last sunday's episode, just wait to you see what you have waiting for you....

It's really just an extrapolation on the dorm room flash back.  The actual incest has to take the cake.  Surrogate incest/role-playing pales in comparison.  LIIQ there, Kent.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: October 24, 2012, 02:00:06 PM »

blake?

cee lo?

x-tina?

adam?

the knockout round is new, like the steal was

Thanks to the Hollywood Reporter, we now have a comprehensive look at what happens in the knockout rounds. Here’s what to expect:

1) At the start of the knockout round, each team has 10 remaining contestants, with a total of 40 contestants left on the show.

2) Contestants pick their own songs for this round.

3) Each contestant is then paired up with a member of his or her own team.

4) One contestant sits on the side of the stage while the other sings the song, and when the performance ends, they switch.

5) Though they’re singing different songs, the two contestants are judged against one another.

6) Whoever is declared the victor by their coach advances, and whoever loses is sent home. There are no “steals” in this phase of the competition.

7) At the end of the knockout rounds, each coach’s team will be cut in half with a total of 20 contestants remaining in the competition and moving onto the live shows.

The knockout rounds will air on Monday, Oct. 29 from 8-10 p.m. ET and on Tuesday, Oct. 30 from 8-10 p.m. ET on NBC. That’s four full hours of knockout round goodness!

consider me intrigued. Curious to see if Xtina gets as bitchy this year.
- chunkles