Author Topic: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...  (Read 1261114 times)

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
Re: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #1975 on: July 10, 2012, 04:43:53 PM »
Time Warner strikes again

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: July 10, 2012, 07:00:15 PM »
This sums it up pretty well:

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-watching/posts/breaking-bad-fly-the-best-bottle-show-ever
I hate when people read so much into things especially television shows.. Just because it sucked doesn't mean they have to delve deep into it and try to polish a turd. Its a good show but that was a shitty episode

You should take a class on directing movies sometime. Every camera angle is significant. Every transition. Every line of dialogue. It's why scenes take so many shots to film. It's why directors get paid so much, and it's why there are so few successful ones.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #1977 on: July 10, 2012, 07:08:56 PM »
KC PAK'rs, we don't get Ch 9 (ABC) anymore on TWC, so get busy figuring out how you're going to watch Behind the Final Rose, The Final Rose, and of course, the Bachelor Pad

Do you have to switch the input away from the cable box to the TV to use the antenna or how does that work?
hdmi serves as my cable in
antenna into coax input for OTA

to go to antenna, go into settings, turn cable off, scan channels, change input from HDMI to TV, boom roasted

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: July 10, 2012, 07:32:17 PM »
KC PAK'rs, we don't get Ch 9 (ABC) anymore on TWC, so get busy figuring out how you're going to watch Behind the Final Rose, The Final Rose, and of course, the Bachelor Pad

Do you have to switch the input away from the cable box to the TV to use the antenna or how does that work?
hdmi serves as my cable in
antenna into coax input for OTA

to go to antenna, go into settings, turn cable off, scan channels, change input from HDMI to TV, boom roasted

That seems like a lot of effort for 1 channel.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: July 10, 2012, 07:37:39 PM »
ya it took about 3-5 mins, but i can't live w/o bachelor pad. 

i'd be shocked if we're without abc by the weekend

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1980 on: July 10, 2012, 08:27:56 PM »
finished arrested development last night over the course of about a week and a half.  very satisfied with that series.  not the funniest ever (curb, seinfeld), but maybe the smartest.  loved how many running jokes they had.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: July 10, 2012, 08:31:44 PM »
finished arrested development last night over the course of about a week and a half.  very satisfied with that series.  not the funniest ever (curb, seinfeld), but maybe the smartest.  loved how many running jokes they had.

It's funnier the second time through. They foreshadow a lot and you miss it because you don't know what it's referencing, and there are just a lot of jokes in every episode and you're bound to miss a couple the first time through.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #1982 on: July 10, 2012, 08:32:03 PM »

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-watching/posts/breaking-bad-fly-the-best-bottle-show-ever
I hate when people read so much into things especially television shows.. Just because it sucked doesn't mean they have to delve deep into it and try to polish a turd. Its a good show but that was a shitty episode

You should take a class on directing movies sometime. Every camera angle is significant. Every transition. Every line of dialogue. It's why scenes take so many shots to film. It's why directors get paid so much, and it's why there are so few successful ones.

Love BB, but you shouldn't have to take a movie directing class to enjoy a friggin television show episode.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: July 10, 2012, 08:33:32 PM »

it is the funniest, imo

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: July 10, 2012, 08:39:20 PM »

Love BB, but you shouldn't have to take a movie directing class to enjoy a friggin television show episode.

All I was trying to say is that there's no way Vince Gilligan just threw together an episode of Breaking Bad for the hell of it. There was a reason for it.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: July 10, 2012, 08:46:52 PM »

it is the funniest, imo

yeah, good descriptor.

*edit*  oops, i read that as "funnest", as in, most fun.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: July 10, 2012, 08:47:20 PM »
All I am saying is I don't give a crap who Vince Gilligan is nor should I have to in order to enjoy his TV show

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: July 10, 2012, 10:01:05 PM »
All I am saying is I don't give a crap who Vince Gilligan is nor should I have to in order to enjoy his TV show

And, boom, Two and a Half Men is created.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: July 10, 2012, 10:02:47 PM »

And, boom, Two and a Half Men is created.

:lol:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: July 10, 2012, 10:08:38 PM »
breaking bad could have cut out about 30 minutes of debris floating in the pool, too. :zzz:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: July 10, 2012, 10:18:32 PM »
breaking bad could have cut out about 30 minutes of debris floating in the pool, too. :zzz:
you just don't understand the camera angles or the meaning behind the floating debris!

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: July 10, 2012, 10:20:28 PM »
you just don't understand the camera angles or the meaning behind the floating debris!

They had to do that because the fly episode went over budget.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: July 10, 2012, 10:21:19 PM »

One time I was in my AP Calculus class in high school and a group of special needs kids was walking down the hall. One of them came in and started making fun of us for being so smart! It didn't really make a lot of sense, but we thought it was kind of cute and eventually someone came in and got him. Anyways, don't know why I was thinking about that just now, but I wanted to share it with someone.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1993 on: July 11, 2012, 12:17:30 PM »
BSG does get bonus points for the frequent use of the word "shazbot!". But I still don't care what happens next on BSG and all I can think about all day is what Linden and Holder are going to unearth next.

Well, if I were 7 eps into BSG and 10 into The Killing, I would agree with you, but as I said, BSG does get better.

BSG was my favorite show of all-time.  Loved every second of it.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: July 11, 2012, 12:20:42 PM »
BSG does get bonus points for the frequent use of the word "shazbot!". But I still don't care what happens next on BSG and all I can think about all day is what Linden and Holder are going to unearth next.

Well, if I were 7 eps into BSG and 10 into The Killing, I would agree with you, but as I said, BSG does get better.

does the doctor who is always hallucinating ever die? I was really hoping they would execute him when they had the video of him blowing up the server. He is like the worst actor in the world and my god that scene where he whispers on the toilet. BSG is approaching Sons of Anarchy "I love it because it's so awful" territory after ten episodes.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1995 on: July 11, 2012, 12:23:26 PM »
The pilot of The Newsroom was pretty good. Great rant.

I think I'm really gonna like Newsroom. The first 5 minutes got me hooked.

Still can't wait for Boardwalk to come back on though. Favorite show of all time.

I'm enjoying the Newsroom thus far.  Of course, I'm a huge Sorkin fan, so, yeah.  To be expected, I guess.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: July 11, 2012, 12:30:59 PM »

does the doctor who is always hallucinating ever die? I was really hoping they would execute him when they had the video of him blowing up the server. He is like the worst actor in the world and my god that scene where he whispers on the toilet. BSG is approaching Sons of Anarchy "I love it because it's so awful" territory after ten episodes.

He survives until the very end of the series (which was the most clever finale I've ever seen*).  He's actually in the final scene.

It doesn't get really good until Season 2.  Season 3 is mind-blowingly good from start to finish.

* I hate most finales, so anything that leaves me satisfied at the end and makes me go, "Ooooooooohhhh!" really sets it apart.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: July 11, 2012, 12:32:17 PM »
crap. I am going to have to learn to really love to hate this guy.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: July 11, 2012, 12:35:15 PM »

He survives until the very end of the series (which was the most clever finale I've ever seen*).  He's actually in the final scene.

It doesn't get really good until Season 2.  Season 3 is mind-blowingly good from start to finish.

* I hate most finales, so anything that leaves me satisfied at the end and makes me go, "Ooooooooohhhh!" really sets it apart.

Spoiler Alert!!!!!!!
Agreed best show ever though  :cheers:

michicat, I think we can print out some articles indicating that he is not the worst actor in the world.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: July 11, 2012, 12:39:27 PM »

Spoiler Alert!!!!!!!
Agreed best show ever though  :cheers:

michicat, I think we can print out some articles indicating that he is not the worst actor in the world.

maybe I need to take some acting classes to truly appreciate his genius.