Author Topic: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...  (Read 1240186 times)

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
Re: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #850 on: November 18, 2011, 07:24:39 AM »
shows should have a 3 or 4 season limit. Some exceptions can be made for classics.

dumb.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: November 18, 2011, 07:32:15 AM »

Man, great episode of Community tonight. The talk soup guy wearing the bald thing was comedy gold.  And I thought putting "anus" on the school flag was a gag for the ages. Because it looks like a Latin word! Ha! l Maybe I was wrong about Community???

Yeah, v bad epi tonight.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: November 18, 2011, 07:33:55 AM »
shows should have a 3 or 4 season limit. Some exceptions can be made for classics.

dumb.

oh go print something!!!
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: November 18, 2011, 08:17:03 AM »
Man, great episode of Community tonight. The talk soup guy wearing the bald thing was comedy gold.  And I thought putting "anus" on the school flag was a gag for the ages. Because it looks like a Latin word! Ha! l Maybe I was wrong about Community???

Btw, the best apart about the office right now is watching it thrash around before dying. They should make that their promo message this year: Tonight on the office, Jim jumps two sharks with his pregnant wife on the motorcycle behind him while Dwight wakes up and discovers it was all a dream. Oh, and Andy lacks confidence about something while Daryl polishes his cool black guy facade, leaving Kevin confused...and hungry!

It's sad.  Andy and Daryl get too much face time. 

Yeah. I thought Ricky Gervais sounded all pompous about "I never intended to do more than two seasons", but man was he right.

Also, for the love of god will someone on walking dead please find that goddamn little girl?
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: November 18, 2011, 08:33:42 AM »
who would have thought it would take 33 pages for this thread to take off?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: November 18, 2011, 09:13:33 AM »
who would have thought it would take 33 pages for this thread to take off?

Prob more about timing of new seasons, etc.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: November 18, 2011, 09:54:31 AM »
watched last episode of once upon a time last night.  man oh man, that Rumpelstiltskin is a bad dude.  :ohno:

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: November 18, 2011, 11:39:07 AM »

Agreed. That's the way it is in England and other places. Especially dramas because the story lines can tend to get confusing, stale, or repetitive. Funny comedies can go on for a while though.

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: November 18, 2011, 01:15:36 PM »

Agreed. That's the way it is in England and other places. Especially dramas because the story lines can tend to get confusing, stale, or repetitive. Funny comedies can go on for a while though.

i'm struggling to think of more than 2 or 3 comedies that should have been allowed to go on as long as they have.

Seinfeld, Simpsons (to an extent), and South Park.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: November 18, 2011, 01:44:02 PM »

i'm struggling to think of more than 2 or 3 comedies that should have been allowed to go on as long as they have.

That is kind of silly.  It's a biz. they aren't gonna pull earners unless something blows up.

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: November 18, 2011, 04:11:03 PM »

That is kind of silly.  It's a biz. they aren't gonna pull earners unless something blows up.

that was kind of the point of that post. setting that kind of standard wouldn't yield very many long running tv shows.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: November 18, 2011, 08:05:41 PM »
Enjoyed The Office laughing at itself with a metanarrative on aimlessness and empty/shallow analogies. Top notch and incisively sophisticated self-deprecation. 
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: November 18, 2011, 08:07:10 PM »
how on earth do you people find the time to watch all these shows?  your post count is never going to reach humiliating levels if you keep this up

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: November 18, 2011, 08:10:49 PM »
how on earth do you people find the time to watch all these shows?  your post count is never going to reach humiliating levels if you keep this up

When it gets to a boring part in the show, I BBS.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: November 18, 2011, 08:27:31 PM »

I try to think of it like chat. Why the eff is the director putting Dwight, Andy, and Gabe out to open. How "cold" does he want this opening? They have basically the same role. This is gonna stagnate fast. Aaaaand now Angela makes an appearance.  Guess this one is all over. Goddamn this group has no direction and can't set anything up. Just individuals tryng to make something happen on their own.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: November 18, 2011, 10:58:35 PM »
Parks and Rec is the only sitcom worth a crap on TV right now.  And it's really good.  Whitney is sort of a train wreck that you can't turn away from.  Maybe cuz she's hot, but she's never been funny.

Parks and Rec is no where near the quality of Community, Psych, and some others. Hell, I'd prefer to watch Tim Allen's new Sitcom over Parks and Rec. Just IMO.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: November 19, 2011, 12:48:28 AM »
Parks and Rec is the only sitcom worth a crap on TV right now.  And it's really good.  Whitney is sort of a train wreck that you can't turn away from.  Maybe cuz she's hot, but she's never been funny.

Parks and Rec is no where near the quality of Community, Psych, and some others. Hell, I'd prefer to watch Tim Allen's new Sitcom over Parks and Rec. Just IMO.

No denied.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: November 19, 2011, 12:51:21 AM »
guys, all of these shows suck balls. the entertainment on message boards is much better  :jerk:

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: November 19, 2011, 12:53:31 AM »
guys, all of these shows suck balls. the entertainment on message boards is much better  :jerk:

Ummm......meh.......

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: November 19, 2011, 12:56:07 AM »

dear fans,

do whatever you want.

your hero,
steve dave

Man, look at this stevedave character.

hero - schmero.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: November 19, 2011, 01:52:09 AM »
I like James Spader on the office.  The 90% of each episode he is not in is pretty bad though.

Walking Dead - I thought its been a good season overall so far but that missing girl is annoying as crap.  The pregnancy storyline will probably piss me off once they start spending time on it.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: November 19, 2011, 09:29:06 AM »
TODD HOFFMAN: THE CLAIM OWNER SAYS THAT THE GOLD IS ON THE SIDE OF THE HILL, BUT MY GUT TELLS ME IT'S DOWN HERE WHERE IT'S FLAT. CLAIM OWNER ONE WEEK AFTER TODD HOFFMAN STARTS MINING WHERE IT'S FLAT: THERE'S NO GOLD DOWN THERE BECAUSE IT'S ALREADY BEEN MINED. ME: OH MY rough ridin' GOD TODD YOU ARE SUCH AN INCREDIBLE DUMBASS HOW CAN YOU eff THINGS UP SO BADLY EACH WEEK OH MY GOD THIS MUST BE NATURAL SELECTION AT WORK YOU ARE SO INSANELY STUPID.

Offline MeatSauce

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: November 19, 2011, 09:45:56 AM »
I like Revenge. Thought I would hate, but accidentally watched first epi and am pretty much on the couch @ 9pm watching ABC every week now

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: November 19, 2011, 11:24:42 AM »
I like James Spader on the office.  The 90% of each episode he is not in is pretty bad though.

Walking Dead - I thought its been a good season overall so far but that missing girl is annoying as crap.  The pregnancy storyline will probably piss me off once they start spending time on it.

Oh god yes.  I so can't give a eff about a cliche "who's the father" scenario. I hope she just gives it to the battered wife to replace the one she lost and everyone can just move on to zombie barn.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: November 19, 2011, 11:33:41 AM »
when I realized that show wasn't even about zombies (about mid way through the first episode) I decided to never watch it again.  seems like I made the right decision.