Author Topic: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...  (Read 1253724 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #11300 on: March 21, 2019, 01:21:05 PM »
Watched 3 epis of queer eye (KC) last night and I’m ready to go try Jones BBQ like a true tourist would.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11301 on: March 22, 2019, 06:25:26 PM »
kady telling john that he makes her not want to have kids was hilaro.  he must have some serious skeletons in his closet.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11302 on: March 26, 2019, 10:10:19 AM »
Action on Showtime was very good. They essentially are following legalized gambling in the show and they are essentially using 4 subjects to tell the story; Kelly in Vegas, some guy named Vegas Dave, some gigantic guy, and Atlantic City. Kelly is the least interesting of the four but definitely got the most face time. Her story is that essentially she's a woman in a man's world. There are some townie shots of a young Kelly sprinkled in. The Vegas Dave dude is something else. He's a handicapper who drives a Bentley, a Lambo, has a $14 million condo but he seems to have some introversion issues because he essentially lives in a small bedroom in his parent's house with a tiny dog. His immigrant parents essentially think what he does is akin to drug dealing. They showed him making like $200,000 in an hour by just posting an instagram video. The next guy, I can't remember his name, but he's simply a gambler, he must weigh 400 pounds. He's unique because he claims to know hardly any players, he just knows the numbers and this guy bets ungodly sums, like 7 figures on some days. Showtime introduces us to his wife and the visual is stunning, she's this get very petite blonde woman who has been with this guy since middle school, they have an interesting story and Showtime clearly loves showing them on camera together, it's jarring, he's literally 4 of her. The final character is AC and it's transformation since New Jersey legalized gambling. The difference in Jersey and Vegas is crazy, but if you've been to both places, you already know that. They managed to get a bookie on camera, which was awesome. It's a great watch, I was surprised.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11303 on: March 26, 2019, 11:28:45 AM »
I'm on the last episode of the Netflix show SAFE.  I like it.  I'm not sure if it's good or I just like shows with British people and their accents.  I especially like how they call their buds "mates". 

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #11304 on: March 26, 2019, 07:27:22 PM »
Action on Showtime was very good. They essentially are following legalized gambling in the show and they are essentially using 4 subjects to tell the story; Kelly in Vegas, some guy named Vegas Dave, some gigantic guy, and Atlantic City. Kelly is the least interesting of the four but definitely got the most face time. Her story is that essentially she's a woman in a man's world. There are some townie shots of a young Kelly sprinkled in. The Vegas Dave dude is something else. He's a handicapper who drives a Bentley, a Lambo, has a $14 million condo but he seems to have some introversion issues because he essentially lives in a small bedroom in his parent's house with a tiny dog. His immigrant parents essentially think what he does is akin to drug dealing. They showed him making like $200,000 in an hour by just posting an instagram video. The next guy, I can't remember his name, but he's simply a gambler, he must weigh 400 pounds. He's unique because he claims to know hardly any players, he just knows the numbers and this guy bets ungodly sums, like 7 figures on some days. Showtime introduces us to his wife and the visual is stunning, she's this get very petite blonde woman who has been with this guy since middle school, they have an interesting story and Showtime clearly loves showing them on camera together, it's jarring, he's literally 4 of her. The final character is AC and it's transformation since New Jersey legalized gambling. The difference in Jersey and Vegas is crazy, but if you've been to both places, you already know that. They managed to get a bookie on camera, which was awesome. It's a great watch, I was surprised.

When I was in Vegas in December there was a super fat guy at the same private table at the sports book every day. Probably not the same one, but the dude was probably spending boat loads of cash too. It was championship weekend so there was a ton of cash flowing regardless, tho.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11305 on: March 26, 2019, 07:29:27 PM »

When I was in Vegas in December there was a super fat guy at the same private table at the sports book every day. Probably not the same one, but the dude was probably spending boat loads of cash too. It was championship weekend so there was a ton of cash flowing regardless, tho.

I forgot I took a pano of the sports book. This is the guy I was talking about.

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11306 on: March 26, 2019, 09:24:07 PM »
“Pano of the sports book”

Just admit you took a pic of a fat guy

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11307 on: March 26, 2019, 09:53:06 PM »
“Pano of the sports book”

Just admit you took a pic of a fat guy

I didn't post the one I cropped that guy from...but I did post this one. :dunno:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11308 on: March 27, 2019, 02:22:19 AM »

I forgot I took a pano of the sports book. This is the guy I was talking about.

Not the dude from the show. They shot most of their scenes from South Point Sports Book.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11309 on: March 27, 2019, 08:30:16 AM »
OA has just gotten super rough ridin' weird this season. Only 4 eips in, but slowly regretting it.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #11310 on: March 27, 2019, 08:39:24 AM »
Tempty Island, thank you.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11311 on: March 27, 2019, 09:25:23 AM »
tempty just rewrote the book on how and what television shows could be
the discussion between evan and chris and kaci was 12 minutes of as gripping television as i've ever seen.  holy crap!

relief and joy followed by tears followed by an incredible rush of emasculation and freedom.  and then ending with even more joy and a brighter hope for all of mankind.  i really hope washington dc treats our west coast brother well.

and javen, sweet javen.  his baby girl shari.  to the moon and back.  that's all i can say!  you're an astronaut mr javen!

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #11312 on: March 27, 2019, 09:36:55 AM »
tempty just rewrote the book on how and what television shows could be
the discussion between evan and chris and kaci was 12 minutes of as gripping television as i've ever seen.  holy crap!

relief and joy followed by tears followed by an incredible rush of emasculation and freedom.  and then ending with even more joy and a brighter hope for all of mankind.  i really hope washington dc treats our west coast brother well.

and javen, sweet javen.  his baby girl shari.  to the moon and back.  that's all i can say!  you're an astronaut mr javen!
The evan and kaci bit.  Man.  Has there ever been a more honest bit of television than that?  Very uncomfortable.

How about John?  Just the ultimate pushover.  "Sure you embarrassed me on national television and told the world that I make you not want to have kids, but come on back down to Ft. Worth and live with me and keep dating me and let's see if we can figure this out."  Good riddance John.  You had Katheryn!  You know what? You deserve that roommate of yours.  Enjoy the copenhagen.

And yeah, Detective Javen is cleared for takeoff.  If those two kids couldn't make it in this world, who can?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11313 on: March 27, 2019, 09:50:45 AM »
john should never been on national television again, he is an embarrassment

i knew that shari was just playing with j-dog, so glad that they decided to get married.  really looking forward to a follow up show featuring the lives of j/s and e/m
would be cool for usa network to make a theme park based on tempty island too

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11314 on: March 27, 2019, 10:46:07 AM »
I was hoping Walberg would call in the Apollo's Sandman to hook Kaci from the bonfire.

LOL at Kaci's life update and prediction of how shitty Evan's life is and then instant segue to him having Morgan and her whole family on his junk.  DC has killed Morgan's tan.

What's the deal with Fat John's superfat roommate?  Was he not able to cover the bills without whatever Kady's contributions were?  Why were those randoms toasting to his package?

Really disappointed with the lack of a Brittney update.  Karl is a rough ridin' idiot.

Season 2 MUST include Evan and MORGAN having to go back to Tempty Island to see if they are indeed ready for marriage.  Kaci as temptress?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #11315 on: March 27, 2019, 10:49:04 AM »
Season 2 MUST include Evan and MORGAN having to go back to Tempty Island to see if they are indeed ready for marriage.  Kaci as temptress?
Holy crap that's good.   :lol:

Re. the toast: I'm pretty sure those updates were filmed after a few eps of the show had come out.  One of the first episodes featured a date wherein john went ziplining, and the harness showed off what John was packing.  The temptresses noticed and made a point to talk about it on the show.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11316 on: March 27, 2019, 10:56:03 AM »
yup, john's package was also referenced in this post-

https://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=3184.msg1897719#msg1897719

i'd love to see evan and morgan back on the show

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11317 on: March 27, 2019, 11:03:05 AM »
Re. the toast: I'm pretty sure those updates were filmed after a few eps of the show had come out.  One of the first episodes featured a date wherein john went ziplining, and the harness showed off what John was packing.  The temptresses noticed and made a point to talk about it on the show.

Ah, that makes sense.

Another suggestion, make the couples give their decisions separately and without knowing what the other chose.  If they'd done that, Nicole would've picked solo right off the bat without Walberg having to coax it out of her, and Kady would've chosen together thinking she still had Fat John by the ball(s) (and as it turned out, she did, notwithstanding what he thought was his awesome laying down of the law).

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11318 on: March 27, 2019, 11:04:14 AM »
yup, john's package was also referenced in this post-

https://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=3184.msg1897719#msg1897719

i'd love to see evan and morgan back on the show

I think I subconsciously didn't really take in any of the John stuff all season.  He sucks.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11319 on: March 27, 2019, 12:33:49 PM »
i'm pumped for evan. some people will say "oh, he's a scumbag. i don't like him.."

but i'll tell you one thing. it's better to be labeled a scumbag than have to be with kaci for any further amount of time.

congrats to ev and morg.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11320 on: March 29, 2019, 04:26:24 PM »
Anyone watching "The Act"? Based on a true story about some monster mom who makes her kid think she's sick her whole childhood and tries to profit off of it with charities and such? They were from Springfield, MO. So rough ridin' crazy.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11321 on: March 29, 2019, 04:27:13 PM »
It's on hulu.

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11322 on: April 03, 2019, 01:10:00 PM »
So I finally got around to watching Arrested Development, but the question is, Do I just watch through season 3, or do I go ahead and watch the new seasons too?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11323 on: April 04, 2019, 08:46:37 AM »
So I finally got around to watching Arrested Development, but the question is, Do I just watch through season 3, or do I go ahead and watch the new seasons too?

I liked parts of the other seasons but they definitely aren't as good.  I would try to do the original S4 and not the recut if you go that route.  To recut it, they basically had to have Ron Howard narrate 20 minutes of every episode.

If you're not a huge fan, I would probably stop after 3.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11324 on: April 18, 2019, 08:01:17 PM »
Guys, I’m on episode 5 of season 1 of Veep. Great show. Who knew?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk