Author Topic: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...  (Read 1240367 times)

Offline bonercat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #225 on: November 05, 2010, 11:12:39 AM »
Just watched the first episode of "Bored to Death." Anybody else watch this? Seemed pretty funny to me. Also I've already put myself down every week for "The Walking Dead."

This exactly explains my evening two nights ago. I'm going to go back and get caught up on Bored to Death while downloading TWD now every week. Another show on my list is Breaking Bad which I've heard is frackin sweet too
[

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 05, 2010, 09:35:19 PM »
U-Verse and Scripps went to war today.  No Food Network.  No Cooking Channel.  No DIY.  I've been trying to DVR all of the "Vanilla Ice Project" and now I don't know how the house is gonna turn out.  Gonna be some rough stuff missing Rob Van Winkle flipping houses. 

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 05, 2010, 10:49:26 PM »
U-Verse and Scripps went to war today.  No Food Network.  No Cooking Channel.  No DIY.  I've been trying to DVR all of the "Vanilla Ice Project" and now I don't know how the house is gonna turn out.  Gonna be some rough stuff missing Rob Van Winkle flipping houses. 

YEAH! WTF is this all about? Just saw this a couple minutes ago and I have no idea what is going on? WTF?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 07, 2010, 05:10:44 PM »
The Walking Dead is fun. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 07, 2010, 09:54:14 PM »
Boardwalk getting good tonight.

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 08, 2010, 12:32:58 PM »
The Walking Dead is fun. 

EP2 did not disappoint.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 08, 2010, 02:08:49 PM »

YEAH! WTF is this all about? Just saw this a couple minutes ago and I have no idea what is going on? WTF?
And they're back.
http://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/news/2010/11/08/att-adds-lifestyle-channels-back-on.html

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 08, 2010, 02:11:36 PM »
The Walking Dead is fun. 

Love that his wife is a big ol slut.  He is going to have to kill his old partner now.  Sweet

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 28, 2010, 11:55:51 PM »
anyone else still watching the WD?

Pretty amazing. 

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 29, 2010, 12:21:01 AM »
I've been watching the crap out of it.  He is definitely going to have to kill his partner now.  Also, love the CDC stuff and Noah Emmerich.  (Beautiful Girls is one of my alltime faves.)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 29, 2010, 12:25:42 AM »
I've been watching the cac out of it.  He is definitely going to have to kill his partner now.  Also, love the CDC stuff and Noah Emmerich.  (Beautiful Girls is one of my alltime faves.)

Just picking nits here but, couldn't the average military installment, with rough ridin' tanks, easily handle a bunch of shuffling dead people?  I mean, a .50 and lots of ammo, how would your position ever be overrun?

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 29, 2010, 12:36:25 AM »
Yeah, kinda thought the same thing.  Those walkers aren't exactly fast, sneaky, or organized.  I guess sheer numbers would eventually overtake the positions though.  It's not like the zombies are normal people and will stop coming because of massive casulties.  The noise would continue to attract more and more of them.  Also, we don't know if that one guy at the CDC was the last one alive or just the only one who was left behind.  Maybe they did relocate to Ft. Benning?  WHO KNOWS?!  NOT ME!!b

Offline Matt Siebrant's Left Hand

• Combo-Fan
  • I'm a Cat person
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 29, 2010, 12:38:10 AM »
Always Sunny in Philly
Bored to Death.... took a little while but grew on me.
Dexter

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 29, 2010, 12:41:20 AM »
Dexter is great.  Absolutely love Sunny but I have been largely unimpressed with this season.  Not bad, just not as awesome as the last couple of seasons.  It's about as funny/off the wall as season 1.  Lethal Weapon 5/Blackface was rough ridin' hilarious though.  "James Earl Jones isn't in blackface, James Earl Jones is a black man!"

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 29, 2010, 12:44:10 AM »
Yeah, kinda thought the same thing.  Those walkers aren't exactly fast, sneaky, or organized.  I guess sheer numbers would eventually overtake the positions though.  It's not like the zombies are normal people and will stop coming because of massive casulties.  The noise would continue to attract more and more of them.  Also, we don't know if that one guy at the CDC was the last one alive or just the only one who was left behind.  Maybe they did relocate to Ft. Benning?  WHO KNOWS?!  NOT ME!!b

I dig that they aren't scared, don't get demoralized and all that but if you figure a .50 round would just destroy a person (walker) until there is nothing left that can move, and a .50 implacement has probably 5-10k rounds.  

Otherwise the show is money.  They will see that guy they left by the road again.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: November 29, 2010, 12:46:04 AM »
Yeah, but we're talking about millions of zombies here.  You'd run out of ammo eventually.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 29, 2010, 12:48:04 AM »
Yeah, but we're talking about millions of zombies here.  You'd run out of ammo eventually.

I'd bet your avg. National Guard armory has millions of rounds.  Let alone a real infantry fort.

Now, if the zombies could use guns, different story.  Instead they just bite and look very hip in a disinterested way.

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 29, 2010, 03:39:21 PM »
alls i can say is that i wasn't paying attention to the sisters big cry fest. get over it. stop being an idiot. yr gonna get everyone killed. and i'm not gonna watch you sit there and cradle your sister for hours on end, nor listen to you talk about how you missed all her b-days cuz you were away at college.  :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: who cares.

the structure of the story is a pretty interesting take on traditional zombie movies. it seems to dwell on the lingering humanity involved with the group, whereas several other flicks in the genre seem to dismiss that notion or at least glaze over it. i can't decide if its a fair representation of how people would really react. but i do like the idea they toyed with that an event like this would very much damage people in their mental capacity.

don't know if clinging to this definition of human character is a result of it being fairly early on in the zombocolypse, or if its gonna be one of those "mankind is good, and must be good to overcome our demons" type of thing.

not completely sold on the dialog or movement of character development, but its not too shabby. hopefully it rounds out in a nice way. it seems like there is trouble developing individual dialog and personality because the group is so large, and they have concentrated on so few of characters. there are times it seems like some of the smaller characters are really crying out for attention and their actions seem out of place.  but i'm definitely willing to see how it pans out.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 29, 2010, 04:03:10 PM »

I'd bet your avg. National Guard armory has millions of rounds.  Let alone a real infantry fort.

Now, if the zombies could use guns, different story.  Instead they just bite and look very hip in a disinterested way.

We're talking about the CDC though.  I don't see zombies overtaking an entire army base, but I could see them overtaking a hastily thrown together force setup to defend a giant building.  Also, I have trouble believing that people can die and return later as brain eating undead.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 29, 2010, 04:20:26 PM »
alls i can say is that i wasn't paying attention to the sisters big cry fest. get over it. stop being an idiot. yr gonna get everyone killed. and i'm not gonna watch you sit there and cradle your sister for hours on end, nor listen to you talk about how you missed all her b-days cuz you were away at college.  :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: who cares.

the structure of the story is a pretty interesting take on traditional zombie movies. it seems to dwell on the lingering humanity involved with the group, whereas several other flicks in the genre seem to dismiss that notion or at least glaze over it. i can't decide if its a fair representation of how people would really react. but i do like the idea they toyed with that an event like this would very much damage people in their mental capacity.

don't know if clinging to this definition of human character is a result of it being fairly early on in the zombocolypse, or if its gonna be one of those "mankind is good, and must be good to overcome our demons" type of thing.

not completely sold on the dialog or movement of character development, but its not too shabby. hopefully it rounds out in a nice way. it seems like there is trouble developing individual dialog and personality because the group is so large, and they have concentrated on so few of characters. there are times it seems like some of the smaller characters are really crying out for attention and their actions seem out of place.  but i'm definitely willing to see how it pans out.

1.  Sisters:  agreed.  Was hoping for some lesbian stuff but then realized exactly what was going to happen.  Knew she would say goodbye, then ace her in the head.

2.  Direction:  I like that there is a definite sense of something bad coming.  Besides the obvious.  Cop is going to find out what his buddy and wife did and going to have to reconcile that.

3.  Too many characters:  It reminds me more and more of Lost every epi.  What is the story on how many they wrote?  I know it is based on a serial....but I don't read comics because I'm not a 8 year old.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 29, 2010, 05:34:05 PM »
I don't know if the large number of characters will be a problem for long, they're dropping like flies.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #246 on: November 29, 2010, 05:41:53 PM »
The Dan Le Betard Show on 790 The Ticket.

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 29, 2010, 06:27:54 PM »
1.  Sisters:  agreed.  Was hoping for some lesbian stuff but then realized exactly what was going to happen.  Knew she would say goodbye, then ace her in the head.

2.  Direction:  I like that there is a definite sense of something bad coming.  Besides the obvious.  Cop is going to find out what his buddy and wife did and going to have to reconcile that.

3.  Too many characters:  It reminds me more and more of Lost every epi.  What is the story on how many they wrote?  I know it is based on a serial....but I don't read comics because I'm not a 8 year old.

don't know anything about the graphic novel or whatev. definitely too much effort.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 29, 2010, 09:34:39 PM »
sorry to break up this wtf circle jerk but lately i've been watching a lot of house hunters- both the domestic and international varietals.  after watching the international version, i feel sorry for how shitty people's houses are everywhere but in the usa. 

that's the good ol' usa for you, creme de la creme  is what they say

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 29, 2010, 09:47:20 PM »
sorry to break up this wtf circle jerk but lately i've been watching a lot of house hunters- both the domestic and international varietals.  after watching the international version, i feel sorry for how cacty people's houses are everywhere but in the usa. 

that's the good ol' usa for you, creme de la creme  is what they say

Great show.  HAte it though when it is people who have a huge place is US but buying an elite vacation spot.