Author Topic: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...  (Read 1261898 times)

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
Re: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #6075 on: August 12, 2014, 03:08:18 PM »
I stuck with "Dominion" for all of Season 1.  The concept was what kept me in the beginning, but the show hit stride about midway through.  It was only 8 episodes, but if they get a second season, I think it's going to be really good.

They really tied up some stupid plot lines and bad characters early and then focused on the handful of really interesting story lines and dove into them.  It was really good.  The last three episodes were great.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6076 on: August 12, 2014, 03:10:45 PM »
I tried Penny Dreadful.

The name was appropriate.

I liked the storylines but each episode could have been wrapped up in 30 minutes instead of an hour.

Offline slucat

• GIRL ALERT, GIRL ALERT
  • Combo-Fan
  • This SLU, not the city
    • View Profile
« Reply #6077 on: August 12, 2014, 03:20:23 PM »
Might give Outlander a try.
What did you think?

Hmmm, not exactly hooked, but liked the first episode enough to set it up to DVR.  I'm looking for something to fill my HIMYM watching slot.  Not quite the same genera, but I don't want to get into something in season 4 or whatever.

Online Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6078 on: August 12, 2014, 04:03:05 PM »

What did you think?

Hmmm, not exactly hooked, but liked the first episode enough to set it up to DVR.  I'm looking for something to fill my HIMYM watching slot.  Not quite the same genera, but I don't want to get into something in season 4 or whatever.
It takes off once she leaves her loser husband behind and heads off to the Hi'lands with her Bonny lad.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline slucat

• GIRL ALERT, GIRL ALERT
  • Combo-Fan
  • This SLU, not the city
    • View Profile
« Reply #6079 on: August 12, 2014, 04:38:17 PM »

What did you think?

It takes off once she leaves her loser husband behind and heads off to the Hi'lands with her Bonny lad.

So it goes all back and forth, from 1940's to 1700 (1600??)?  Not sure I'd be into that.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6080 on: August 12, 2014, 04:50:16 PM »
What did you think?

You could stare at pictures of fossilized dog turds and I think it would equal the entertainment HIMYM gave you over the years.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6081 on: August 12, 2014, 05:38:08 PM »
Dexter: just finished season 4

:horrorsurprise: did not see the very end coming, holy crap. pretty great season, john lithgow was a lot of fun to watch.

Really? I was rolling my eyes cause I saw it a mile away
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6082 on: August 12, 2014, 05:39:15 PM »
Deadwood is GSOAT (greatest series of all time)

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6083 on: August 13, 2014, 09:49:13 AM »
thanks, guys and gals. I'll probably dive into Deadwood here pretty soon.

anyone watching The Bridge?

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6084 on: August 13, 2014, 09:50:54 AM »
I probably need more Deadwood patience, but have watched the first three or four and been very bored in the past.

I think it gets better once you get used to the language patterns they use.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6085 on: August 13, 2014, 10:13:25 AM »
Deadwood is GSOAT (greatest series of all time)
Deadwood was really great, its a shame it got cancelled to abruptly... and right when they introduced BRIAN rough ridin' COX to the show!

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6086 on: August 14, 2014, 11:47:43 PM »
you guys, that breaking bad show that i was telling you about two months ago...wow. so i'm close to done w/ season four and the best part, you guys the best part so far...jessie is all hardcore to the mexico guys after they fly him down to show them how to cook. i mean just lol at that. i strongly recommend some of you guys check this thing out. just an amazing 60 seconds. anyway you guys, this thing is on netflix and you guys should really give it a shot. it was on hbo or cinemax or something before i think.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 11:55:53 PM by Rick RowdyBoyy Daris »

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6087 on: August 15, 2014, 02:44:22 AM »
Hey Daris, part of the reason I changed my avatar is that I knew you'd want to change yours to a pic of our guy Jesse Pinkman soon and I didn't want to make it awkward or anything. So go ahead and change yours or whatever. Anyways, can't wait to see your post after the season 4 finale.

Online 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6088 on: August 15, 2014, 02:46:02 AM »
what an exciting time for our guy RD

Offline Muldoon

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6089 on: August 15, 2014, 03:31:17 PM »
Just watched the first episode of The Knick on Cinemax.   Looks like it will be a great show.  Early 20th century historical fiction about a surgical hospital in New York.  Flawed and unsavory characters, contemporary social issues, blood and guts (literally).  If you have Cinemax,  I highly recommend.   Looking forward to the second episode.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6090 on: August 15, 2014, 03:43:24 PM »
you guys, that breaking bad show that i was telling you about two months ago...wow. so i'm close to done w/ season four and the best part, you guys the best part so far...jessie is all hardcore to the mexico guys after they fly him down to show them how to cook. i mean just lol at that. i strongly recommend some of you guys check this thing out. just an amazing 60 seconds. anyway you guys, this thing is on netflix and you guys should really give it a shot. it was on hbo or cinemax or something before i think.

i got bogged down in the middle of season 4 and never picked it back up again

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6091 on: August 15, 2014, 03:46:58 PM »
thanks, guys and gals. I'll probably dive into Deadwood here pretty soon.

anyone watching The Bridge?

I am but I stopped like 2 episodes into season 2.  I got done with the first season and wasn't sure what the hell I just watched or if I liked it.  So I continued into season 2 and it feels like the same schtick so I gave up.  Am I crazy or is do other people think its terrible too?

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6092 on: August 17, 2014, 05:34:32 PM »
Rumblings that Stevesie binged over half of Cosmos last night and is being courted by #TeamAtheism once again.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6093 on: August 17, 2014, 05:42:06 PM »
Rumblings that Stevesie binged over half of Cosmos last night and is being courted by #TeamAtheism once again.

interesting development

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6094 on: August 17, 2014, 06:43:03 PM »
I chuckle pretty much everytime that dude gets in that space ship and starts driving it.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6095 on: August 18, 2014, 08:23:00 AM »
Has Masters of Sex been mentioned here? It should since it is literally about balls and vag. Also, very good.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6096 on: August 18, 2014, 09:56:20 AM »

well i haven't. full steam ahead for me and i have to say wow what an obscure little treat this show has turned out to be. also (spoiler alert)-walter and his brother in law are going to have a full on blow out when one finds out about the other. i'm talking family against family type murdery stuff is my feeling.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6097 on: August 18, 2014, 01:12:42 PM »

well i haven't. full steam ahead for me and i have to say wow what an obscure little treat this show has turned out to be. also (spoiler alert)-walter and his brother in law are going to have a full on blow out when one finds out about the other. i'm talking family against family type murdery stuff is my feeling.

Walt hasn't found out than Hank is DEA yet?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6098 on: August 18, 2014, 01:19:41 PM »

Walt hasn't found out than Hank is DEA yet?

i said one about the other, not both.  :nono:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6099 on: August 18, 2014, 01:23:33 PM »
also, if you're walt's kid, whose side do you pick? i mean hank has been more of a father to him the past year than walt has that is for darn sure. one could also argue that jesse is more of a son to walt than his own son is. man. also you can tell when someone is about ready to do something bad by their hair length. no hair-super mean bad guy. lot's of hair-girly girl. riddled that one out a season or two ago.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 01:35:05 PM by Rick RowdyBoyy Daris »