Author Topic: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...  (Read 1240249 times)

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
Re: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #125 on: August 03, 2010, 06:35:19 PM »
Eastbound and down

heard good things.  in 'tflix queue

this.

watched first 2 episodes last night.  god it sucked.  sent back and removed from queue.   :flush:

First person I've ever heard of who didnt like EBD.

"They say money can't buy happiness but I've never seen a sad mother rough rider on a jet ski"
aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 03, 2010, 06:39:28 PM »
Love EBD

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 08, 2010, 08:34:12 PM »
Food Network Star - I'm sitting here watching Tom make Clams and Chorizo French Toast.  JFC.   :eek:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 08, 2010, 09:15:08 PM »
Food Network Star - I'm sitting here watching Tom make Clams and Chorizo French Toast.  JFC.   :eek:

Don't know this Tom guy, but this post may have ruined french toast for me for good.
 :barf:

I can't wrap my head around that.  Love all three independently.  Mixing clams and chorizo sounds doable, but french toast shouldn't even be hanging out in that kind of neighborhood. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 09, 2010, 07:16:53 AM »

Don't know this Tom guy, but this post may have ruined french toast for me for good.
 :barf:

I can't wrap my head around that.  Love all three independently.  Mixing clams and chorizo sounds doable, but french toast shouldn't even be hanging out in that kind of neighborhood. 

Yeah, all three of his dishes got F-'s overall.  He didn't get booted though.  It's down to three people now.  Would kinda like Arti to win because her show's going to be called "Arti Party" which would be adorable....plus she makes Indian food which is nice.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 09, 2010, 07:29:55 AM »
arti's boyfriend really threw me for a loop last weekend when he showed up (white).  at this point i think the smart money is still on tom. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 09, 2010, 07:47:38 AM »
arti's boyfriend really threw me for a loop last weekend when he showed up (white).  at this point i think the smart money is still on tom. 

I like how Tom always says, "cool" whenever someone gives him a super minor or super major compliment.  I was laughing pretty hard the entire time he was putting together his three courses last night. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 09, 2010, 07:58:01 AM »
ya i noticed the "cool" thing too. 

just a warning, the judges seem to pick weird winners of this show.  two seasons ago when they picked aaron mccargo junior, and of course last season when they picked  melissa d'arabia, neither was the best talent up there.  it's like the want to only pick massive losers like herb.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 09, 2010, 09:00:02 AM »
ya i noticed the "cool" thing too. 

just a warning, the judges seem to pick weird winners of this show.  two seasons ago when they picked aaron mccargo junior, and of course last season when they picked  melissa d'arabia, neither was the best talent up there.  it's like the want to only pick massive losers like herb.

Herb seems to be very weak willed.  Like, towards the beginning of the season, when he was questioning if he really wanted to be there I decided I didn't like him.  Tom is the best combo of good camera personality and cooking.  Aarti seems like she would struggle in front of the camera but her food is good.  Herb's food bores me and he's a loser, bad combo.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 10, 2010, 09:49:02 AM »
Anyone lucky enough to catch last night's premiere of Bachelor Pad?  Holy crap this one is going to be a major winner folks, if you missed last night's epi, I feel sorry for you.  Pretty incred television we have in store for us on Monday night's going forward.

Also - Flipping Out premieres tonight on Bravo.  If you've never seen it, it's about a guy, Jeff Lewis, who is OCD off the charts.  He buys and flips houses in the Hollywood Hills.  His sense of humor is off the charts, the guy cracks me up.  8pm CDT, Bravo TV.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 10, 2010, 10:14:06 AM »
lol why don't you just watch VH1.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 10, 2010, 10:17:01 AM »
lol why don't you just watch VH1.
LOL @ VH1

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 10, 2010, 10:22:26 AM »
Getting geared up for Flipping Out all day today.  We may have lost Antin, but we've still got Lewis.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 10, 2010, 10:32:06 AM »
Getting geared up for Flipping Out all day today.  We may have lost Antin, but we've still got Lewis.
Ya Lewis is really incredible.  Would be great if Chad made an appearance and helped Lewis sell one of his flipped homes. 

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 10, 2010, 12:22:43 PM »
Ya Lewis is really incredible.  Would be great if Chad made an appearance and helped Lewis sell one of his flipped homes. 

That would get Super Bowl ratings.  They're taping (or have already taped) a new MDL season.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 10, 2010, 12:26:54 PM »
Anyone lucky enough to catch last night's premiere of Bachelor Pad?  Holy crap this one is going to be a major winner folks, if you missed last night's epi, I feel sorry for you.  Pretty incred television we have in store for us on Monday night's going forward.

Also - Flipping Out premieres tonight on Bravo.  If you've never seen it, it's about a guy, Jeff Lewis, who is OCD off the charts.  He buys and flips houses in the Hollywood Hills.  His sense of humor is off the charts, the guy cracks me up.  8pm CDT, Bravo TV.
these two shows sound off the charts. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 10, 2010, 12:28:06 PM »
They're taping (or have already taped) a new MDL season.

hopefully chad goes ballistic on josh right from the very first episode

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 10, 2010, 12:45:26 PM »
I watch MDL just to see Chad's hair

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 10, 2010, 01:23:48 PM »
I watch MDL just to see Chad's hair

I look at my shrine to Chad just to look at Chad's hair.  Also have several pics of Chad on my phone, my desk @ work, the hood of my car, etc.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 10, 2010, 08:39:31 PM »
halfway through Flipping Out and it's apparent that Jeff hasn't lost a bit of his sense of humor despite being traumatized by that a-hole Ryan

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 10, 2010, 10:33:15 PM »
Son's of Anarchy!   :bball:
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 11, 2010, 07:45:57 AM »
confused about tonight's Locked Up Abroad...there's two on.  is it  new episodes or  repeats? anyone with inside knowledge, pls help.  the 8pm cdt episode is about a guy getting busted for sneaking out hash from Turkey (midnight express style).  the 9pm cdt episode is about a kid sneaking 33 lbs of pot out of mexico.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 07:55:39 AM by pissclams »

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 11, 2010, 07:53:37 AM »
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 11, 2010, 08:55:49 AM »
confused about tonight's Locked Up Abroad...there's two on.  is it  new episodes or  repeats? anyone with inside knowledge, pls help.  the 8pm cdt episode is about a guy getting busted for sneaking out hash from Turkey (midnight express style).  the 9pm cdt episode is about a kid sneaking 33 lbs of pot out of mexico.

both of those sound amazing.   :love: sounds like you haven't seen them so they'll be new to you either way.  kick off your shoes, light a good smelling candle, and live the dream tonight.
aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 11, 2010, 09:05:34 AM »
confused about tonight's Locked Up Abroad...there's two on.  is it  new episodes or  repeats? anyone with inside knowledge, pls help.  the 8pm cdt episode is about a guy getting busted for sneaking out hash from Turkey (midnight express style).  the 9pm cdt episode is about a kid sneaking 33 lbs of pot out of mexico.

both of those sound amazing.   :love: sounds like you haven't seen them so they'll be new to you either way.  kick off your shoes, light a good smelling candle, and live the dream tonight.
don't worry about the candle, have 3 currently in rotation, 2 are pineapple mango.  hello? 
problem is that Top Chef DC is on @ 8, then RWNO is on @ 9, don't want to waste my time with nasty reruns when top quality new shows are on.