Author Topic: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...  (Read 1261782 times)

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #5375 on: March 31, 2014, 01:06:35 PM »

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5376 on: March 31, 2014, 01:10:52 PM »
I hope they serve pancakes.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #5377 on: March 31, 2014, 07:50:21 PM »
Burn it down.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5378 on: March 31, 2014, 07:51:21 PM »
Burn it down.

flipped to it at 7:30 for lulz, and omg this is the worst rough ridin' episode i've ever seen.  rofl
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5379 on: March 31, 2014, 08:18:24 PM »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5380 on: March 31, 2014, 08:43:38 PM »
eff that episode, eff that season, eff everything.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5381 on: March 31, 2014, 08:49:36 PM »
I enjoyed it. Right up there with Breaking Bad in terms of tying together loose ends and giving fans what they wanted. I give it 6.9/7.0, but only because I don't like the name Tracy.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #5382 on: March 31, 2014, 09:00:17 PM »
Is this what it's like to be trolled? Is my head on Carter Bays' mantle?

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5383 on: March 31, 2014, 09:03:18 PM »

Which part did you specifically not like? I wish we could've met Barney's baby momma but thats about it.

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5384 on: March 31, 2014, 09:11:48 PM »
i am now watching Vikings on the history channel.  it has drawn me in.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #5385 on: March 31, 2014, 09:18:46 PM »

Which part did you specifically not like? I wish we could've met Barney's baby momma but thats about it.

I would have been fine with Barney and Robin going their separate ways and being the characters they were all along.  I would have been fine with the mother being dead and that's why he told the story. Had they ended it with "And kids, that is how I met your mother" I would have disliked the episode, but understood it and appreciated that it wasn't a cookie cutter ending.  The last two rough ridin' minutes where the kids are like "cool, go after robin because that's who you loved all along" was a rough ridin' joke.  Barney didn't need a child, they had wrapped up his character just fine.  Barney was Barney and that's who he was. 

The writers were so good at season finales, only to just burn it down tonight. 

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #5386 on: March 31, 2014, 09:29:45 PM »
So she wasn't dead?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #5387 on: March 31, 2014, 09:30:02 PM »
Was she dead?

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5388 on: March 31, 2014, 09:36:36 PM »

I would have been fine with Barney and Robin going their separate ways and being the characters they were all along.  I would have been fine with the mother being dead and that's why he told the story. Had they ended it with "And kids, that is how I met your mother" I would have disliked the episode, but understood it and appreciated that it wasn't a cookie cutter ending.  The last two rough ridin' minutes where the kids are like "cool, go after robin because that's who you loved all along" was a rough ridin' joke.  Barney didn't need a child, they had wrapped up his character just fine.  Barney was Barney and that's who he was. 

Fair points. It was pretty obvious throughout the series that Robin and Ted needed to end up together. I wonder when the writers made the decision to actually go ahead and do this by killing off the Mother. I didn't mind the kids wanting Ted to ask her out...if kids really love their widowed father they'd want him to be happy. Plus it looks like they're not too far off from college. He'd get pretty lonely when they're out of the house.

The Barney having a daughter thing made sense because at some point if you sleep with a few hundred women you're going to knock one up. Also, once his marriage with Robin ended it became apparent that a daughter is the only girl that could ever settle him down. My only question was who that Mother was, but that ending added closure to Barney's days of disrespecting women.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #5389 on: March 31, 2014, 09:40:41 PM »
Did not watch. Gf forgot to record it. I gotta wait a couple days for demand. I'll have to stay away from this thread. :frown:

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #5390 on: March 31, 2014, 09:44:40 PM »

Fair points. It was pretty obvious throughout the series that Robin and Ted needed to end up together. I wonder when the writers made the decision to actually go ahead and do this by killing off the Mother. I didn't mind the kids wanting Ted to ask her out...if kids really love their widowed father they'd want him to be happy. Plus it looks like they're not too far off from college. He'd get pretty lonely when they're out of the house.

The Barney having a daughter thing made sense because at some point if you sleep with a few hundred women you're going to knock one up. Also, once his marriage with Robin ended it became apparent that a daughter is the only girl that could ever settle him down. My only question was who that Mother was, but that ending added closure to Barney's days of disrespecting women.

They needed to cut the bullshit with Ted and Robin after that fantastic scene with the yellow umbrellas.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5391 on: March 31, 2014, 09:51:54 PM »
I mean, it was really sad for those of us who have had the loves of our lives die unexpectedly... I knew it would be bittersweet, but it was weird and sad and oddly fitting in the end.  Don't judge me, I'm a human bean who has emotions and isn't afraid of being vulnerable. Go fudge yourself.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5392 on: March 31, 2014, 10:00:59 PM »
I mean, it was really sad for those of us who have had the loves of our lives die unexpectedly... I knew it would be bittersweet, but it was weird and sad and oddly fitting in the end.  Don't judge me, I'm a human bean who has emotions and isn't afraid of being vulnerable. Go fudge yourself.

:thumbsup:

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5393 on: March 31, 2014, 10:12:53 PM »
I want to punch all the writers in the face for that stupid rough ridin' ending.  Love Triangle bullshit is the worst part of the entire series.  Show would have been great if it ended at the Mother dying (which we all expected).  Circling back to Robin will forever leave a bad taste in my mouth about the show.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #5394 on: March 31, 2014, 10:14:29 PM »

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5395 on: March 31, 2014, 10:18:07 PM »
I want to punch all the writers in the face for that stupid rough ridin' ending.  Love Triangle bullshit is the worst part of the entire series.  Show would have been great if it ended at the Mother dying (which we all expected).  Circling back to Robin will forever leave a bad taste in my mouth about the show.

Because seeing a widower in his early 50s is such a satisfying ending to the show...  :dubious:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5396 on: March 31, 2014, 10:20:54 PM »
Some random thoughts, not sure where to start

We were told that this re-telling of the Ted-mother story was about the kind of love that very few can find.  It was supposed to be the Romeo and Juliet love not the best friends love that so many couples have.  Midway through they poke at that when Lilly is watching Ted on the phone breaking the 3 day calling rule, its something different this time.  But as the episode moves on we learn an important fact, even after kids and huge life changes they haven't married, Ted never commits, BS about life getting in the way.  The timeline gets a little bit muddied for me to follow.  How far after or before the Mom getting sick do they marry?  Finally the kids push Ted out of the home to find Robin, noting that they've noticed Ted has the hots for Aunt Robin.  Perhaps we find out that Ted and this whole story is a bunch of bullshit.  Look at the end of the story, the kids tell Ted to go find Robin to be happy.  What does Ted do at the very end?  He reveals the Blue French horn.  The Same horn which Ted initially used to woo Robin at the beginning of the story.  So step back and process that, the beautiful love that Ted has 'found' with his wife he always kept the horn, took forever and a day to marry his wife (do we know when she first got sick?  honestly don't know) and never let go of the artifacts from Robin.  Instead of coming off as him finding happiness we are left with a Ted who bounced back to his first one and only love after the death of his "soul mate".  So Ted comes off for me as they same whiny bitch we've known for 5 seasons, always pining for the next girl who could be the one, instead fully loving the woman he is with.  In fact, the more I think about it, Barney is the one who comes off at the character who has come the most full circle in the show.  He moves from womanizer to woman protector after the (SHITTY) introduction of his daughter which causes real, transcendental change in one of the main characters.  Ted is still the guy chasing after the woman, treating each relationship as a placeholder until he finds "the one" and I feel lied to by the story, the Mom couldn't have been Ted's "one", because he never left Robin.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5397 on: March 31, 2014, 10:32:45 PM »

Because seeing a widower in his early 50s is such a satisfying ending to the show...  :dubious:

Yes.  Absolutely every time if the alternative is going back to Robin.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #5398 on: March 31, 2014, 10:42:17 PM »
To be honest, watching that with my wife (less than a year after she battled cancer), was hard.

I had to stop watching and come back.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #5399 on: March 31, 2014, 10:49:06 PM »
That said, I'm ambivalent towards the ending.  I didn't like it because Ted and Robin weren't good together to begin with, and his wife was adorable.  But it's clear Ted loved two women in his life, deeply, and at least he and Robin can find some solace together.  It's clear that she knew he was the one, and she pined for him, too.