Author Topic: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...  (Read 1252671 times)

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #5025 on: March 03, 2014, 04:17:07 AM »
Same writer/creator. I also have the homicide book, but have never read it

I love marlo, but understand your feelings. Plus that actor is a really good human being. We can still be buds.

ah, makes sense.  felt like i was reliving my childhood with an even more badass and detailed version of "homicide" with great characters.

marlo was cool and all, i was just kinda surprised by the number of people who list his character as their favorite.  just a ruthless "take what is mine, hold what is mine, suffocate what is mine, bury what's mine" dude hungry for power (that's a tool quote for stevesie60).  just didn't seem to be a ton of depth there and i'm surprised he resonated with a lot of people

Tool and The Wire deserve each other.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5026 on: March 03, 2014, 04:18:51 AM »
Man, at the end of True Detective when the detectives drive off and the guy finishes his thought was pretty lollable. I thought they had thrown in the towel and changed the name of the show to CSI: Louisiana.

"Like I said, my family's been around here" *throws on his mowing glasses* "for a looooonngg time."

Offline Matt Siebrant's Left Hand

• Combo-Fan
  • I'm a Cat person
    • View Profile
« Reply #5027 on: March 03, 2014, 06:46:09 AM »
Man, at the end of True Detective when the detectives drive off and the guy finishes his thought was pretty lollable. I thought they had thrown in the towel and changed the name of the show to CSI: Louisiana.

"Like I said, my family's been around here" *throws on his mowing glasses* "for a looooonngg time."
:sdeek:
Really set the bar with the ending on episode four.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5028 on: March 03, 2014, 07:48:02 AM »
i like the Rake show on fox thursday nights

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5029 on: March 03, 2014, 09:16:00 AM »
when Hart was watching that video I thought he was going to see his daughter, I thought it would be an explanation for her sex drawings and having group sex in a car at 16, glad I was wrong

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5030 on: March 03, 2014, 10:38:47 AM »
cohle wouldn't show him a video of his kid in a spot like that

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5031 on: March 03, 2014, 10:50:33 AM »
Just finished The Sopranos. Very high highs, some pretty low lows. It was the first show that made you cheer for the bad guy, even though he didn't really have any redeeming qualities besides being a caring (not necessarily good) dad and at times caring for members of his mafia family. The moral dilemmas are the best I've ever seen. I know a lot of people were confused about/hated the ending, and a lot of it has to do with HBO and the actors' union not letting them ending it exactly the way they wanted to. If they would have been able to end it the way they wanted, it would have been one of the best series finales of all time. But instead, it's considered one of the worst.

Pls explain the actor guild and the alt ending thing.  The only stuff I have read is that the writer finished it exactly how he wanted to and that he wouldn't explain it to anyone because it basically provides for each of us to create our own alternate ending.  Anyway, would love to know how it was supposed to end.

I loved that show.  It is still my top two or three of all time.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #5032 on: March 03, 2014, 11:24:05 AM »
Just finished The Sopranos. Very high highs, some pretty low lows. It was the first show that made you cheer for the bad guy, even though he didn't really have any redeeming qualities besides being a caring (not necessarily good) dad and at times caring for members of his mafia family. The moral dilemmas are the best I've ever seen. I know a lot of people were confused about/hated the ending, and a lot of it has to do with HBO and the actors' union not letting them ending it exactly the way they wanted to. If they would have been able to end it the way they wanted, it would have been one of the best series finales of all time. But instead, it's considered one of the worst.

Pls explain the actor guild and the alt ending thing.  The only stuff I have read is that the writer finished it exactly how he wanted to and that he wouldn't explain it to anyone because it basically provides for each of us to create our own alternate ending.  Anyway, would love to know how it was supposed to end.

I loved that show.  It is still my top two or three of all time.

"Originally, I didn't want any credits at all," says Chase. "I just wanted the black screen to go the length of the credits - all the way to the HBO 'whoosh' sound. But the Directors Guild wouldn't give us a waiver."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/david-chase-reveals-truth-behind-sopranos-ending-article-1.231236#ixzz2uvC1PDPG

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5033 on: March 03, 2014, 11:26:27 AM »
That seems pretty insignificant and doesn't make me think that changes the ending.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile

Offline MarloStanfield

• My name is my name
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5035 on: March 03, 2014, 12:48:28 PM »
gonna have to be honest here, marlo stanfield and his story arc didn't really do anything for me

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5036 on: March 03, 2014, 12:52:53 PM »
:excited:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5037 on: March 03, 2014, 12:55:53 PM »
That seems pretty insignificant and doesn't make me think that changes the ending.

For those of you who don't know how The Sopranos ends, this contains spoilers:

The theme throughout the entire show is that there is nothing after death. It would have been more clear cut what the ending was. Even in the second to last episode they foreshadow it pretty hard with Tony's flashback to talking with Bobby where he says "I bet you don't even hear a gun shot, do ya?" I read an article in which they had more clues that Tony died. As in, to the point that there would be no question. The guy who was sitting at the bar and glancing at Tony, after he goes into the bathroom, would be seen walking up really sketch-like to Tony, and a couple of other things.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5038 on: March 03, 2014, 12:59:22 PM »

The theme throughout the entire show is that there is nothing after death. It would have been more clear cut what the ending was. Even in the second to last episode they foreshadow it pretty hard with Tony's flashback to talking with Bobby where he says "I bet you don't even hear a gun shot, do ya?" I read an article in which they had more clues that Tony died. As in, to the point that there would be no question. The guy who was sitting at the bar and glancing at Tony, after he goes into the bathroom, would be seen walking up really sketch-like to Tony, and a couple of other things.

Must confess, I saw it live and haven't since.  That all makes sense, though.  I have been wanting to rewatch it all again. 

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5039 on: March 03, 2014, 01:02:33 PM »

Must confess, I saw it live and haven't since.  That all makes sense, though.  I have been wanting to rewatch it all again. 

I had read about it before I ever started The Sopranos. For some reason I got in my head that the last scene was from the perspective of Tony. That would have cleared it up quite a bit too. Could be completely off, though.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5040 on: March 03, 2014, 01:48:11 PM »
gotta be honest here guys, i could give a crap what happened to tony.  he was a piece of crap. 

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5041 on: March 03, 2014, 02:59:32 PM »
Just started Luther. Really enjoying it after one episode!

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5042 on: March 03, 2014, 03:01:49 PM »

Does Stringer Bell speak w/ his british accent?

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5043 on: March 03, 2014, 03:04:08 PM »

Does Stringer Bell speak w/ his british accent?

Totes.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #5044 on: March 03, 2014, 10:44:18 PM »
omfg. Does any show build you up and then knock you down more than Prison Break? I doubt it. I rough ridin' DOUBT IT. What an annoying show to have your balls firmly attached to.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5045 on: March 04, 2014, 01:35:40 PM »
I watched episode 4 of True Detective last night. I don't think I trust anyone in this thread anymore. Stevesie wouldn't know good television if it smacked him in the nose and some of you knuckleheads (ERiI) over-hype stuff. I quit.

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5046 on: March 04, 2014, 01:40:39 PM »
I watched episode 4 of True Detective last night. I don't think I trust anyone in this thread anymore. Stevesie wouldn't know good television if it smacked him in the nose and some of you knuckleheads (ERiI) over-hype stuff. I quit.

No way in hell you watched the last half of that episode and went "meh". He's goemawing here guys.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5047 on: March 04, 2014, 01:42:49 PM »
yeah, episode 4-6 are spectacular.  epi 7 was slower, but necessary.  the finale is going to be nuts.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: March 04, 2014, 01:45:16 PM »

No way in hell you watched the last half of that episode and went "meh". He's goemawing here guys.

definitely went meh.

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5049 on: March 04, 2014, 01:45:55 PM »
I'm just glad that McConaughey got the recognition that he deserves and won an Oscar for his work on True Detective.