Author Topic: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...  (Read 1257196 times)

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #14825 on: May 01, 2023, 09:57:58 AM »
Beef is good. Have been an Ali Wong fan for a while.

I approve all of this

Meh, I was ready for it to end once I got to the last few episodes.

I didn't hate the additional episodes but I did keep thinking "how on earth are there that many episodes left" regularly

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #14826 on: May 01, 2023, 11:36:22 AM »
Been watching Only Murders in the Building to prep for Season 3, have never seen it and about halfway through Season 1 and it's really good. Also started a rewatch of Mindhunters which I haven't watched it since it came out in 2019. It's a lot more funny than I remember it being.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #14827 on: May 01, 2023, 03:26:05 PM »
Jury Duty on prime is really fun.  A modern Joe Schmo Show.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14828 on: May 01, 2023, 09:40:25 PM »
I just watched episode 2 of Somebody Somewhere. The vehicles had RO county plates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14829 on: May 01, 2023, 09:47:41 PM »
Yeah, I noticed that too. All that work to get Manhattan scenes in the show only to get that detail wrong, oh well.

I also find it weird but funny that Bridget is a KU fan on the show. Did they address this the first season and I forgot?

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14830 on: May 02, 2023, 09:20:31 AM »
Yeah, I noticed that too. All that work to get Manhattan scenes in the show only to get that detail wrong, oh well.

I also find it weird but funny that Bridget is a KU fan on the show. Did they address this the first season and I forgot?

I thought in the first season they talked about how she left after high school to go to KU and never came back until her sister was sick.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #14831 on: May 02, 2023, 02:19:00 PM »
I have loved the new season. It is really incredible how the show nails the details (RO sticker notwithstanding) and also the characters. I KNOW these people! It is a huge credit to Everett that she has pimps all of the local businesses.

The Auntie Mae’s wiener hole shirt, the MHK brewing beer can, it isn’t just b-roll establishing shots the town is all over the place.

Also, bought tickets to the finale party at the wareham and am very excited for it.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14832 on: May 02, 2023, 02:34:17 PM »
I wonder if the RO sticker was intentional so they don't accidentally use someone's real plate number. Like all phone numbers being 555-XXXX in TV shows and movies.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14833 on: May 02, 2023, 06:45:10 PM »
I have loved the new season. It is really incredible how the show nails the details (RO sticker notwithstanding) and also the characters. I KNOW these people! It is a huge credit to Everett that she has pimps all of the local businesses.

The Auntie Mae’s wiener hole shirt, the MHK brewing beer can, it isn’t just b-roll establishing shots the town is all over the place.

Also, bought tickets to the finale party at the wareham and am very excited for it.

Is the jeweler in the Reed & Elliott scene an actual jewler there? I've been very disappointed not to see my old boss Kursten in any of the chief scenes although I know they aren't shot there.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14834 on: May 02, 2023, 07:06:59 PM »
I think kk is saying that the characters are written like people he knows, not that he literally knows them

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14835 on: May 02, 2023, 08:18:05 PM »
Good grief mir, they film in Illinois and Kurstin sold the chef.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #14836 on: May 02, 2023, 08:48:04 PM »
I started watching perry mason on HBO and I have to admit I did not expect this to be one of the more graphic shows I've seen from a gore perspective.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14837 on: May 02, 2023, 10:23:21 PM »
I started watching perry mason on HBO and I have to admit I did not expect this to be one of the more graphic shows I've seen from a gore perspective.

I started season 1 shortly after it came out and lost interest. I'll probably try it again some time.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14838 on: May 02, 2023, 10:24:08 PM »
Been watching Only Murders in the Building to prep for Season 3, have never seen it and about halfway through Season 1 and it's really good. Also started a rewatch of Mindhunters which I haven't watched it since it came out in 2019. It's a lot more funny than I remember it being.

Only Murders is a fun little show. My folks and sister watched it, too. We all loved it.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14839 on: May 02, 2023, 10:24:57 PM »
I'm three episodes into Boardwalk Empire!  :excited:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14840 on: May 03, 2023, 12:40:05 AM »
For Succession fans, HBO has an interesting interview with Brian Cox (Logan Roy) on "Who's Talking to Chris Wallace?"

It's also a generally interesting series if you pick and choose the celebs you like. E.g., Brian Cranston's interview was good.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #14841 on: May 03, 2023, 07:49:19 AM »
I'm only 1 episode behind now on succession!
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #14842 on: May 03, 2023, 10:38:05 AM »
I haven't watched that interview, but from others I have read about, I liked that Logan didn't like being around Ken, in real life, because Ken is a method actor that doesn't get out of character at all and that bugged the living crap out of Logan. 

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14843 on: May 03, 2023, 10:43:06 AM »

and the Varney's and Ballard's store names! (there may be others?)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14844 on: May 03, 2023, 11:31:55 AM »

and the Varney's and Ballard's store names! (there may be others?)
Very funny to me that Ballards was basically the junction city wal mart. And when she said “I love driving 30 min for work” I lost it.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14845 on: May 03, 2023, 11:36:49 AM »
Good grief mir, they film in Illinois and Kurstin sold the chef.

Don't be mean, kat kid :cry: I didn't know she sold the chef, it wasn't in the mhk restaurant thread and I haven't lived there for 20 years  :angry:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14846 on: May 03, 2023, 12:24:36 PM »
Sad situation, her husband and co-owner died and she couldn’t continue to work at the place they built together.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14847 on: May 03, 2023, 12:27:12 PM »
I haven't watched that interview, but from others I have read about, I liked that Logan didn't like being around Ken, in real life, because Ken is a method actor that doesn't get out of character at all and that bugged the living crap out of Logan.

That's pretty funny.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14848 on: May 03, 2023, 03:09:11 PM »
Sad situation, her husband and co-owner died and she couldn’t continue to work at the place they built together.

That was right at the beginning of the pandemic. Did she sell pretty soon after he died or did she give it a try for a bit? Did they close at all during the pandemic?

They both were/are great people. I hope she is doing well.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14849 on: May 03, 2023, 03:44:22 PM »

That was right at the beginning of the pandemic. Did she sell pretty soon after he died or did she give it a try for a bit? Did they close at all during the pandemic?

They both were/are great people. I hope she is doing well.

She sold it pretty immediately to some employees.  The only noticeable change to me is that the specials have become a little more creative.