Author Topic: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...  (Read 1257803 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #14200 on: May 31, 2022, 10:13:55 AM »
Tempty was a dud this year.
Completely agree. Idk if it was poor casting, lazy editing, or both but there was a lot lacking.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14201 on: May 31, 2022, 11:07:01 AM »
Completely agree. Idk if it was poor casting, lazy editing, or both but there was a lot lacking.

agreed that it was very disappointing.

i kept thinking things would pick up but the dudes were all simps.  at least edgar slayed that pelt. lascellus showed some signs that he could have been a great one but ultimately failed us.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14202 on: May 31, 2022, 11:37:31 AM »

agreed that it was very disappointing.

i kept thinking things would pick up but the dudes were all simps.  at least edgar slayed that pelt. lascellus showed some signs that he could have been a great one but ultimately failed us.

The best thing was edgar's girl getting crap on.  She clearly went on to be able to try to upgrade from edgar and make herself look good doing so, and new dude tommy was all "nah, you kinda suck."

Lol at lascelles' girl "changing her answer" at final bonfire after realizing she'd been dumped.

I would irl PI the seattle cornballs but I'm guessing I'll never be at the same corny spots as them.

The freaks from new mexico need to get back and stay together.

Bad casting, but it often will be these days for reality shows where people are looking to use them as a springboard into instagram influencer money.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14203 on: May 31, 2022, 11:59:51 AM »
Stanger Things Season 4 is leaning into the graphic/evil and away from the creepy/suspenseful. Not sucking me in as well as before. Will still finish the season, but enjoyment is down a bit.

May need to re-watch the old seasons, as I'm kind of out of memory regarding the storyline. I'm also getting the storylines of Dark and Stranger things mis-matched at times.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14204 on: May 31, 2022, 01:07:38 PM »
rewatching better call saul, and in the episode where werner goes missing, james austin johnson is the clerk at the travel agency, lol

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14205 on: May 31, 2022, 01:19:16 PM »
Stanger Things Season 4 is leaning into the graphic/evil and away from the creepy/suspenseful. Not sucking me in as well as before. Will still finish the season, but enjoyment is down a bit.

May need to re-watch the old seasons, as I'm kind of out of memory regarding the storyline. I'm also getting the storylines of Dark and Stranger things mis-matched at times.

I also prefer creepy/suspenseful/sci-fi/fantasy to graphic/evil/gore/horror.  For me seasons 1 & 2 are a tier above 3 & 4.  Although I still enjoyed 3 and am enjoying 4 so far.  Just not on the same level.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14206 on: May 31, 2022, 01:34:35 PM »

I also prefer creepy/suspenseful/sci-fi/fantasy to graphic/evil/gore/horror.  For me seasons 1 & 2 are a tier above 3 & 4.  Although I still enjoyed 3 and am enjoying 4 so far.  Just not on the same level.

I'll probably watch Season 4 this weekend when I have time, but I'm actually semi-nervous to watch it cause of the somewhat mixed reviews. I just hope it doesn't either get too full of itself or potentially ruin the previous seasons.

I definitely agree Season 3 was a step down from 1 and 2, which are damn near perfect. My problem honestly with 3 was the whole Russians in America angle. Like I in general get it's a fantasy/sci fi movie, but this idea of a massive amounts of Russians in an underground mall in Indiana just made it too implausible (again I get it's not reality) of a story line, especially since the whole idea of Eleven was to be able to "spy" on a different plane from the US. IDK, it make a believable 80s America with this dark twist into not that for me.

Though I did totally enjoy the transformation of Steve from kinda the antagonist in S1 to basically their dad come S3.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #14207 on: May 31, 2022, 01:53:08 PM »
I'm enjoying the crap out of FWIW and I almost went to Hollywood to be an extra one time, so I know my cinema.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14208 on: May 31, 2022, 02:07:37 PM »

I'll probably watch Season 4 this weekend when I have time, but I'm actually semi-nervous to watch it cause of the somewhat mixed reviews. I just hope it doesn't either get too full of itself or potentially ruin the previous seasons.

I definitely agree Season 3 was a step down from 1 and 2, which are damn near perfect. My problem honestly with 3 was the whole Russians in America angle. Like I in general get it's a fantasy/sci fi movie, but this idea of a massive amounts of Russians in an underground mall in Indiana just made it too implausible (again I get it's not reality) of a story line, especially since the whole idea of Eleven was to be able to "spy" on a different plane from the US. IDK, it make a believable 80s America with this dark twist into not that for me.

Though I did totally enjoy the transformation of Steve from kinda the antagonist in S1 to basically their dad come S3.

Steve is a great character.

It's always hard after the scary thing is revealed. Similarly to A Quiet Place.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14209 on: May 31, 2022, 02:51:03 PM »

Agreed.  Joyce Byers going from just a normal, frantic, worried mom in S1 to basically a spy dressed in a Russian military uniform deep underneath Hawkins in a Russian compound was a bit too much for me.  The simplicity and realism of S1 and S2 were part of what made them so great. I realize at a certain point you have to expand the universe and go bigger to avoid just doing the same old thing over and over, but it's also the reason most movie sequels aren't nearly as good.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14210 on: May 31, 2022, 03:26:45 PM »

Agreed.  Joyce Byers going from just a normal, frantic, worried mom in S1 to basically a spy dressed in a Russian military uniform deep underneath Hawkins in a Russian compound was a bit too much for me.  The simplicity and realism of S1 and S2 were part of what made them so great. I realize at a certain point you have to expand the universe and go bigger to avoid just doing the same old thing over and over, but it's also the reason most movie sequels aren't nearly as good.

1000%, and honestly it's like S3 they didn't take as many lessons as they did with S2. S2 is more or less how you do a sequel, but yeah, S3 just made it more absurdist. You can expand IMO but you still gotta build it in the framework of the universe you make, not veer off.

It's kinda the same problem as Man in the High Castle with the whole multiverse thing but they did a better job of melding that into the story since Philip K Dick never really presented that as an "option" (it was jsut a book about the allies winning WWII so open ended). But they definitely suffered from trying to make things bigger and badder in it's season 4 (and also suffered from planning on ending things in a 5th season and not getting that, so a lot of crammed).

My general worry with Season 4, and Stanger Things in general is how do you wrap it up, and bring proper resolution to it. Like I doubt the Duffer bros never thought this show would be this big so keeping it to like a season or two seems reasonable, now I legitimately thing when it does finally end, it'll be kinda disappointing, but hopefully I'm proven wrong.

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #14211 on: June 01, 2022, 11:39:10 PM »
 :emawkid:
Looks like I need to now check out season 1.
https://twitter.com/HBO/status/1480641276076871687

Finally got around to watching Season 1 of this show and WOW what a ball-grasping show!  Every single character in the entire show is just so hate-able in every way.  Love it!  Can't wait for Season 2

Also got around to watching the most recent season of Curb.  Maybe the best season yet.

The ass eating scene is just classic television. Put it in the TVHOF.

Last two seasons of Curb have been absolute gems.

Btw, new Kids in the Hall on Amazon is amazing.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14212 on: June 06, 2022, 03:26:56 PM »
so i finished s4 of better call saul (incred btw) and went to amc+ to watch s5, and they've already removed the first few eps? is there irl no way to watch s5?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14213 on: June 06, 2022, 03:28:43 PM »
Caught up on "The Boys". So happy it's back on Prime.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #14214 on: June 06, 2022, 03:59:21 PM »
Tries too hard to be edgy
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #14215 on: June 06, 2022, 04:03:36 PM »
Tries too hard to be edgy
i don't disagree but in this case i think wacky was just saying that he was caught up on the show "the boys"

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14216 on: June 06, 2022, 04:11:30 PM »

1000%, and honestly it's like S3 they didn't take as many lessons as they did with S2. S2 is more or less how you do a sequel, but yeah, S3 just made it more absurdist. You can expand IMO but you still gotta build it in the framework of the universe you make, not veer off.

It's kinda the same problem as Man in the High Castle with the whole multiverse thing but they did a better job of melding that into the story since Philip K Dick never really presented that as an "option" (it was jsut a book about the allies winning WWII so open ended). But they definitely suffered from trying to make things bigger and badder in it's season 4 (and also suffered from planning on ending things in a 5th season and not getting that, so a lot of crammed).

My general worry with Season 4, and Stanger Things in general is how do you wrap it up, and bring proper resolution to it. Like I doubt the Duffer bros never thought this show would be this big so keeping it to like a season or two seems reasonable, now I legitimately thing when it does finally end, it'll be kinda disappointing, but hopefully I'm proven wrong.

Well, watch all the ones that were out this weekend and definitely better that I anticipated. 2/3 story lines were pretty gripping (I know I was in them about the Russia thing but Hopper in a gulag and Joyce coming to rescue him was decent, and the corrupt guard and Yuri made it kinda fun, even the Demogorgon fight was decent) and the storyline of everyone in Hawkins trying to figure out Vecna was very good, I like how everyone was involved.

The whole other line with Eleven by herself was fine, but Mike and Will and Argyle was pretty subpar. They basically didn't have Mike and Will the last little bit of the final two seasons, practically a throw away.

I did actually like the angle on mental health and that dive in general, made it come back to a realistic story line.

I did not though like all the gore and saw level bone breaking, just too graphic for me. Probably me being too sensitive and squeemish but not a fan.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #14217 on: June 07, 2022, 09:15:39 AM »
just watched episode 1 last night of season 4.. my goodness, reminds me of the crescendo for harry potter x 1000

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14218 on: June 07, 2022, 09:26:51 AM »
Only a couple episodes in, but season 2 of That Damn Michael Chae is not quite living up to expectations.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14219 on: June 07, 2022, 11:15:01 AM »
re-watching arrested development with my family and just watched the scene where Buster is inhaling Lucille's cigarette smoke and then blowing it out the window for her and it got a big lol from me even though I had seen it before.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14220 on: June 07, 2022, 01:04:03 PM »
re-watching arrested development with my family and just watched the scene where Buster is inhaling Lucille's cigarette smoke and then blowing it out the window for her and it got a big lol from me even though I had seen it before.

So much of that show is so goddamn good.

It still astounds me how just nails the second episode (banana stand) is. That show started off not missing a beat.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14221 on: June 07, 2022, 01:39:49 PM »

Well, watch all the ones that were out this weekend and definitely better that I anticipated. 2/3 story lines were pretty gripping (I know I was in them about the Russia thing but Hopper in a gulag and Joyce coming to rescue him was decent, and the corrupt guard and Yuri made it kinda fun, even the Demogorgon fight was decent) and the storyline of everyone in Hawkins trying to figure out Vecna was very good, I like how everyone was involved.

The whole other line with Eleven by herself was fine, but Mike and Will and Argyle was pretty subpar. They basically didn't have Mike and Will the last little bit of the final two seasons, practically a throw away.

I did actually like the angle on mental health and that dive in general, made it come back to a realistic story line.

I agree.  This season is better than 3, not as good as 1 or 2.

I did not though like all the gore and saw level bone breaking, just too graphic for me. Probably me being too sensitive and squeemish but not a fan.

Same.  I closed my eyes whenever someone got lifted into the air.  ;). (except the first time because I didn't know it was coming  :angry: )

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14222 on: June 07, 2022, 01:52:13 PM »
Only a couple episodes in, but season 2 of That Damn Michael Chae is not quite living up to expectations.
Let me guess, you didn't care for the first episode.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14223 on: June 07, 2022, 02:11:24 PM »
I watched the first two episodes and they were both pretty MEH imo.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14224 on: June 09, 2022, 08:25:11 AM »
I agree.  This season is better than 3, not as good as 1 or 2.

i think the last episode of s4 might even give it a chance to overtake season 2! it was great!