Author Topic: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...  (Read 1239932 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #13325 on: August 01, 2021, 08:22:12 PM »
it’s not that good, though things pick up in episode 3

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13326 on: August 04, 2021, 08:55:02 AM »
Dr Death on Peacock is pretty good.  Crazy story.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13327 on: August 04, 2021, 04:43:33 PM »
Completely agree.  The documentary is also solid.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13328 on: August 05, 2021, 08:37:50 PM »
Do you think he was a shitty surgeon or a sociopath?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13329 on: August 05, 2021, 08:48:14 PM »
Do you think he was a shitty surgeon or a sociopath?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He was 100% a sociopath, that's the most obvious one in my opinion.  I think where he went off the rails is moving from research to the surgery side.  It seems like everyone praised his research.

I think he had some pretty horrific substance abuse problems as well, which could probably explain some of purely insane hack jobs.  The email about killing someone was pretty damning though.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #13330 on: August 05, 2021, 09:04:43 PM »
I mentioned this show a month ago & nobody had a response to it. I want to say my peace on the matter, but don’t want to give anything away. Either way, Mrs. Wacky & I had differing opinions on how his life should have ended up based on the story that was given. I think the email was out of context 1-on-1, but I get the result too.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13331 on: August 05, 2021, 09:08:39 PM »

I mentioned this show a month ago & nobody had a response to it. I want to say my peace on the matter, but don’t want to give anything away. Either way, Mrs. Wacky & I had differing opinions on how his life should have ended up based on the story that was given. I think the email was out of context 1-on-1, but I get the result too.

What

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13332 on: August 05, 2021, 09:28:22 PM »
Challenge all stars looks pretty great...

https://youtu.be/LfytCpwfGY4

Sorry if Luke’d

Yeah, it's gonna be great. Disappointed in not having bananas though. Will be interesting to see people competing who are older than me.

Just need to figure out what we’re already paying for that will allow us to sub to Paramount at no additional cost.

Unfortunately, nothing, it isn't like HBO Max. I did get a good deal, I got the first year for $45. I joined CBS All-Access the last day it was a thing, they had that deal because Paramount+ starting the next day. You're probably going to have to watch that the same way I'm going to eventually watch Ted Lasso and that's from a torrent.

Did anyone end up getting paramount + or finding a different way to watch this show, and is it necessary/canon?

I have paramount+. The all-star season was disappointing. There was only one blow up and it was very contrived. They gave them very hard challenges which you'd think would be funny because they're old, but it just made for boring TV.

The better part about watching the all-stars and paramount+ is that it motivated me to watch some old seasons of the real world, they nearly have all of them. I started with the first New Orleans and it was great watching that again. I forgot nearly all of that.

Is the all-stars season over? Was thinking of signing up for a month or 3 and slogging through that and maybe the NY real world reunion before the regular challenge resumes on tv.

Yeah, it's over, you can binge it pretty easily it's like 8 episodes and you will get to the point where you're fast forwarding through parts of episodes.

The RR New York Reunion was even more disappointing, it was just a bunch of 50 something's talking about the early 90's, it's crazy boring. There are only 6 episodes, all well under an hour, I only made it though 4.

I agree with MIR on the Challenge.  I enjoy the regular show and it was fun to see the old people for a minute but when they started a challenge, the level of competition was really sad.

Just saw that regular mtv challenge starts again next week. I’m not gonna have time to even try this. If there’s anything I need to know to keep continuity, spoil it.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13333 on: August 05, 2021, 09:35:39 PM »
I listened to the podcast like 6 months ago, where were you then? :frown:

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13334 on: August 05, 2021, 09:37:11 PM »
Like differing opinions on jail or no jail?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13335 on: August 05, 2021, 09:39:54 PM »
Life sentence. He’s a huge douche bag, but I think the system failed him, because he was likable. Sorry I gave it away.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13336 on: August 05, 2021, 09:42:14 PM »
Life sentence. He’s a huge douche bag, but I think the system failed him, because he was likable. Sorry I gave it away.
The medical system or the justice system?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13337 on: August 05, 2021, 09:45:48 PM »
Both. Give him 30 years, not life.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13338 on: August 05, 2021, 09:59:19 PM »
Good news is he's eligible for parole in 2045

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13339 on: August 05, 2021, 10:00:36 PM »
Good news is he's eligible for parole in 2045
*good news for those that believe his punishment was too much

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13340 on: August 05, 2021, 10:08:46 PM »
 :thumbs:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13341 on: August 06, 2021, 08:18:13 AM »
Challenge all stars looks pretty great...

https://youtu.be/LfytCpwfGY4

Sorry if Luke’d

Yeah, it's gonna be great. Disappointed in not having bananas though. Will be interesting to see people competing who are older than me.

Just need to figure out what we’re already paying for that will allow us to sub to Paramount at no additional cost.

Unfortunately, nothing, it isn't like HBO Max. I did get a good deal, I got the first year for $45. I joined CBS All-Access the last day it was a thing, they had that deal because Paramount+ starting the next day. You're probably going to have to watch that the same way I'm going to eventually watch Ted Lasso and that's from a torrent.

Did anyone end up getting paramount + or finding a different way to watch this show, and is it necessary/canon?

I have paramount+. The all-star season was disappointing. There was only one blow up and it was very contrived. They gave them very hard challenges which you'd think would be funny because they're old, but it just made for boring TV.

The better part about watching the all-stars and paramount+ is that it motivated me to watch some old seasons of the real world, they nearly have all of them. I started with the first New Orleans and it was great watching that again. I forgot nearly all of that.

Is the all-stars season over? Was thinking of signing up for a month or 3 and slogging through that and maybe the NY real world reunion before the regular challenge resumes on tv.

Yeah, it's over, you can binge it pretty easily it's like 8 episodes and you will get to the point where you're fast forwarding through parts of episodes.

The RR New York Reunion was even more disappointing, it was just a bunch of 50 something's talking about the early 90's, it's crazy boring. There are only 6 episodes, all well under an hour, I only made it though 4.

I agree with MIR on the Challenge.  I enjoy the regular show and it was fun to see the old people for a minute but when they started a challenge, the level of competition was really sad.

Just saw that regular mtv challenge starts again next week. I’m not gonna have time to even try this. If there’s anything I need to know to keep continuity, spoil it.

I couldn't finish it.  I can't imagine it will much if anything to do with the regular ones.  Most of those old people just showed that they cannot compete any more so I doubt we see more than one or two attempting a comeback.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #13342 on: August 07, 2021, 07:54:57 AM »
We've starting downtown abbey and it feels pretty slow.  Does anything ever happen in this show?
Yes! So much happens!
Wow you’re not kidding.

We’re into S4 now (wife’s covid put us into overdrive).  I really like it.

It should be called the Mr. Molesley show because he’s the best character.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #13343 on: August 07, 2021, 02:13:33 PM »
I'm into late season 3 right now. I have no idea why everyone is so bonkers about Mary. Or Matthew for that matter.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #13344 on: August 07, 2021, 08:00:29 PM »
I'm into late season 3 right now. I have no idea why everyone is so bonkers about Mary. Or Matthew for that matter.
Mary is a cold bitch and Matthew’s flowery language makes me want to puke. 

But as they say, that’s downtown, baby.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13345 on: August 07, 2021, 11:13:53 PM »
Matthew is a Saint you monsters

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #13346 on: August 08, 2021, 02:49:25 AM »
Saint boring mf'r
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13347 on: August 08, 2021, 03:16:14 AM »
what do you think about Older Steve Dave character

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #13348 on: August 08, 2021, 07:06:39 AM »
what do you think about Older Steve Dave character
I already said I really liked Mr. Molesley

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #13349 on: August 08, 2021, 10:25:23 AM »
If you weren't nobility, and lived in Downton at that time, what do you think you'd prefer to do for a living?  Work at the Abbey in some capacity, or in town?  Being in service seems like it would have been a hard job, but most of the jobs in or around town seem bad as well.  I suppose I would have just gone to seminary and became a priest in the Church of England (Episcopal). That way I could have still drank and had sex with women, and no back breaking labor.