Author Topic: Judgment free Jayhawk fan thread  (Read 13043 times)

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Judgment free Jayhawk fan thread
« Reply #100 on: March 28, 2014, 02:07:28 PM »
KU should have done better, no excuse for that performance last Sunday, with or without Embiid they played like crap.

the worst part for ku fan is that stanford did too

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 28, 2014, 02:11:35 PM »
ho-lee smokes i did not realize how much they loved the white point guard and hated the black point guard.

judgment free zone so i'm not calling r-word, but is there some statistical evidence backing these sentiments? maybe a _FAN per 100 or something?

The statistical evidence I saw showed Frankamp was worse than Sprads as a Frosh.  I don't think the stats you requested are available as its really hard to compare a black player to a white one.

Online cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 28, 2014, 02:18:55 PM »
The Elephant in the Room  (22 votes)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kansas has 2,101 all time wins (2nd all time), 57 conference titles (most all time), 14 final fours (4th all time), yet we only have 3 championships since the inception of tournament  in '39 (with 7 schools having as many or more, with 4 of those schools having significantly more). Are we simply unlucky? Do we put more value on the regular season then most programs? Or have our player perennially up-tight come tournament time?

It's a frustrating anomaly and the only statistic Kansas lacks behind other blue bloods.

:frown:
:love: :love: :love:

It's the weirdest duality that KU fans grapple with, never seen a fan base that was so insecure about their success. It's like Warren Buffet being jealous of Bill Gates reclaiming the richest person in the world title, except you know, in a hobby sport so maybe bitcoins or something is a better analogy than cold hard cash.   
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 28, 2014, 03:14:22 PM »
Was a bad year by KU standards.  Ten there done that, but let's move on quickly.

So every year KU doesn't win a natty is a "bad year by KU standards," woof. Must be rough too having like the best team ever

It was just extremely dissatisfying.  Part of me wishes we could accept underachieving,  but then again we wouldn't be where we are were that the case.  I'm just out there makin' baskets.

:gocho:

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 28, 2014, 06:50:45 PM »
Was a bad year by KU standards.  Ten there done that, but let's move on quickly.

So every year KU doesn't win a natty is a "bad year by KU standards," woof. Must be rough too having like the best team ever

It was just extremely dissatisfying.  Part of me wishes we could accept underachieving,  but then again we wouldn't be where we are were that the case.  I'm just out there makin' baskets.

Setting the bar that high makes the whole season unenjoyable. KU fans are always bummed and dissapointed after every season
@Trogdor_gE

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 28, 2014, 06:55:51 PM »

Setting the bar that high makes the whole season unenjoyable. KU fans are always bummed and dissapointed after every season

Not really. You just don't get it, and I don't want to sit here and write a dissertation explaining it and you don't want that either.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 28, 2014, 06:59:47 PM »

:gocho:

You guys should not accept the early round upsets more and then imagine how where you'd be you'll be!
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2014, 09:22:54 AM »

Not really. You just don't get it, and I don't want to sit here and write a dissertation explaining it and you don't want that either.

What this guy said.  :cheers:

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2014, 10:32:19 AM »
As usual, break cutting through the clutter to the salient point.