Author Topic: K-State Marvin Clark  (Read 7354 times)

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: K-State Marvin Clark
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2014, 11:56:41 AM »
In the last 30 years I think 8 Kansans have gone to the NBA (Steve Henson, Gaylon Nickerson, Wayne Simien, Matt Freije, Earl Watson, Paul Shirley, Muarice Evans, and Danny Manning -- and Manning wasn't really from Kansas).  There were some other Kansans from that era who shone at the college level: Taj Gray, Val Barnes, Kris Weems, B.J. Williams, Manny Dies, Perry Ellis, Cauley-Stein.  Semi could be one of these guys, I'm sure.  I'm also sure I'm missing 3-4 others.

That's about 20 high-quality players in 30 years.  Only three went to KSU.  Only four went to KU, and that's counting Manning, who transferred to Lawrence High as a package deal with this dad.

It would be very nice to just count on this level of player going to KSU, but surpisingly enough neither school really has the state "locked down."

also, i would include johnny murdock and steve woodbury on your quality guy list. whooo, whooo whooo whooo whooo..south!

Murdock, Woodbury and Adrian Griffin should all have been metioned by me.  I should start running all my posts by RowdyBoi before putting them up on this blog.
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2014, 12:46:12 PM »
In the last 30 years I think 8 Kansans have gone to the NBA (Steve Henson, Gaylon Nickerson, Wayne Simien, Matt Freije, Earl Watson, Paul Shirley, Muarice Evans, and Danny Manning -- and Manning wasn't really from Kansas).  There were some other Kansans from that era who shone at the college level: Taj Gray, Val Barnes, Kris Weems, B.J. Williams, Manny Dies, Perry Ellis, Cauley-Stein.  Semi could be one of these guys, I'm sure.  I'm also sure I'm missing 3-4 others.

That's about 20 high-quality players in 30 years.  Only three went to KSU.  Only four went to KU, and that's counting Manning, who transferred to Lawrence High as a package deal with this dad.

It would be very nice to just count on this level of player going to KSU, but surpisingly enough neither school really has the state "locked down."

also, i would include johnny murdock and steve woodbury on your quality guy list. whooo, whooo whooo whooo whooo..south!

Murdock, Woodbury and Adrian Griffin should all have been metioned by me.  I should start running all my posts by RowdyBoi before putting them up on this blog.

when we started this blog, we all drew different sports and such out of a hat that we were required to learn all about so that it would be a well rounded and well moderated blog site. i drew early nineties wichita city league basketball.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 12:49:28 PM by Rick RowdyBoyy Daris »

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2014, 01:21:45 PM »
I seem to recall a certain coach in his opening press conference claiming something about locking down the KS talent. Well, that seems to be going well. That said, I cannot blame anyone for choosing to play for Coach Izzo.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2014, 12:33:27 AM »
Would be pretty boss if Marshall got a new gig and Baker wanted to transfer because of it.
810 was talking about how Baker will be great in the NBA. I didn't realize he had those intangibles. What's his size?
6'3" 215ish, he does not strike me as an NBA player at all.

Nope, not at all. He has no position. 810 knows the NBA as well as I know mycenaean pottery

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2014, 12:43:38 AM »
6'3 Baker and 6'2 Foster won't be shooting guards in Nba. Baker can't play the Point.  Right now Foster isn't NBA PG material either.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2014, 02:38:08 AM »
6'3 Baker and 6'2 Foster won't be shooting guards in Nba. Baker can't play the Point.  Right now Foster isn't NBA PG material either.

Foster is a much better athlete than Baker.   6'2" doesn't mean you have to be a one in the league.  Starters?  Yes.   But neither project that anyway.   I will say Bakers athleticism was exposed against Kentucky.   I felt bad for the kid when he attacked the goal for a surefire dunk (against mvc talent) only to be fiercly denied by Cauley.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2014, 10:40:41 AM »
It seems to me the best one or two players in the state are generally pretty good college players and worth adding if they fill a need.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2014, 12:34:52 PM »
It seems to me the best one or two players in the state are generally pretty good college players and worth adding if they fill a need.

Agreed, but we can't seem to ever land these guys.

As for Foster and Baker in the NBA. Yea right guys, come on. It does in fact matter if you are 6'2", cannot play the point or defend the point; Baker and Foster fall squarely into that category. Let's stick to mycenaean pottery and the like.