Author Topic: Schlitterbahn  (Read 66638 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Schlitterbahn
« Reply #300 on: August 17, 2016, 09:01:49 AM »
really glad you made it out okay.

It's been a bit of a hassle, but seems to be on track now.  Car goes in Monday to get all fixed up.  No deductible for flying cows or yard signs.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 17, 2016, 09:12:50 AM »
Obesity should be a crime.  At least obesity in public.

:cry:

I'd be willing to agree to make going in public without vaccines a crime if the fatties could meet me halfway on this.  There would be exemptions for doctor verified conditions of course. 

While we're at it, no smoking in public, no body odor in public, no butt crack showing in public, and of course no Nickelback (music played or t-shirts worn).

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 17, 2016, 09:23:57 AM »
Can someone who's been there break down the weigh'n process to me?  Is it discreet?  Awkward?  Is there a bunch of mixing and matching of disproportionately weighed people to come up with 3 people fitting in their 400-550 pound window?  Are the staff members there put in a position of borderline insulting people when allocating raft spots? 

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 17, 2016, 09:27:02 AM »
Weighed and put into three lines.... Small, medium, XL.... Three mediums put into raft together... One small, two XL put in rafts together in alternating order

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 17, 2016, 09:29:28 AM »
Weighed and put into three lines.... Small, medium, XL.... Three mediums put into raft together... One small, two XL put in rafts together in alternating order

What's your estimate on the weight ranges for each lines? 

Lol at no "large."

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 17, 2016, 09:33:42 AM »
Can someone who's been there break down the weigh'n process to me?  Is it discreet?  Awkward?  Is there a bunch of mixing and matching of disproportionately weighed people to come up with 3 people fitting in their 400-550 pound window?  Are the staff members there put in a position of borderline insulting people when allocating raft spots?

as i understand it, three people are weighed together, not individually

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 17, 2016, 09:38:12 AM »

"oh hey sure you two weigh collectively 490 lbs, that baby is completely safe now"

rough ridin' idiots

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 17, 2016, 09:38:25 AM »

What's your estimate on the weight ranges for each lines? 

Lol at no "large."

:peek:

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 17, 2016, 09:39:47 AM »

It's been a bit of a hassle, but seems to be on track now.  Car goes in Monday to get all fixed up.  No deductible for flying cows or yard signs.
the real people to blame here are sign people. just the worst

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 17, 2016, 09:42:45 AM »

Seems like it would be both, individually at the outset to categorize people into the lines PT described, and then together before riding to make sure grouping people from the categories added up correctly.

So does there end up being an XL line w/tons of somewhat regular dudes and a handful of XL women sprinkled in?  What I'm envisioning at this point is that XL women subject themselves to increasing levels of fat-shame'n as they await the opportunity to ride, culminating with the almost-final humiliation of getting grouped with some random mini-person in order to fall under the safe parameters of what 3 regular people (shout j_rake) should weigh for the ride.  Then when the absolute final humiliation comes of them being told the mini-person has to sit in the middle to even out their weight, they're not having it and the summer worker isn't about to have that argument.  Is that how it goes?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 17, 2016, 09:43:56 AM »

the real people to blame here are sign people. just the worst

I think it was red and probably had "____% off" on it.  Couldn't catch the #.  Very likely could've been a leftover sports authority sign.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 17, 2016, 09:44:49 AM »
you know whats worse than fat people? wet fat people

Offline TCUHornedFrog

• Cocaine is a helluva drug
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 17, 2016, 10:48:19 AM »

Absolutely.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 17, 2016, 10:51:08 AM »

Absolutely.
Not fair. You do blow to stay skinny.

Offline TCUHornedFrog

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 17, 2016, 10:53:08 AM »
Not fair. You do blow to stay skinny.

No.

My days of cocaine use are way behind me.  Also, doing coke to stay skinny isn't a good strategy.  I exercise to stay in shape (I'm not skinny). 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: August 17, 2016, 11:40:14 AM »
If places of biz had the correct view of the change in demographics, fat ppl will be the only ppl allowed in public/their businesses, and they will ban skinny ppl for making all the fat ppl feel bad.  I mean, you guys have seen the trend, right?   

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 17, 2016, 11:45:05 AM »
Except the correlation between fat and poor is positive.  So I guess this is a poverty issue too.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 17, 2016, 12:04:23 PM »
Saw a thing yesterday showing that the avg woman now ways what the avg man did in the 60's. 

I wouldn't limit myself to considering marketing to fat ppl if I was biz offering luxury products. 

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 17, 2016, 04:33:05 PM »
They better have tested it 100 times with a 500 lb person in the back and a 30 lb person in the front.

This thing wasn't engineered. No safety factor and countless uncontrolled variables. This backyard bubbatecture abomination needs to burned to the ground immediately and schlitterbahn needs to be sued into joyland.

it was engineered.    Fully engineered design would have been required by their insurer, the permit office, etc.   But sometimes designs fail or don't account for every possible factor

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 17, 2016, 05:00:11 PM »
If this is truly due to all the weight being center and to the back, whoever "engineered" it better already be out of the country.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 18, 2016, 08:10:37 AM »
Every water ride I've ever been on puts all of the heavy people in the back.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 18, 2016, 08:14:35 AM »

I went on roughly 30 different waterslides last week. not lying. some of them specifically made bigger people get in the front and some specifically had bigger people in the back. sometimes these were even rides that were side by side but with different rules and the rules were always very clear and written in multiple places and the park employees would correct people that were messing it up. bigger person placement seems to be pretty important at some waterparks/rides. maybe it wasn't at this one, but it is at others. big person placement seemd to be about 50/50 front vs back.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 18, 2016, 08:32:17 AM »
If this is truly due to all the weight being center and to the back, whoever "engineered" it better already be out of the country.

Some engineer put their PE stamp on it, and he/she is mumped if the staff did their part in getting the right weight range on board.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 18, 2016, 08:47:04 AM »

many of them with pools at the end don't because they don't want the raft to submarine, they want it to skim across and make the end of the pflume

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 18, 2016, 09:32:55 AM »
Regardless of where the bigger people sit and if that was a factor, a person of any weight shouldn't be able to fly out of their seat. Ever.