Author Topic: Every once in a while I still get bummed out about 2012 not being a natty 'ship  (Read 20074 times)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Here's the thing, KSU football is important to me. Its not the biggest thing in my life, or even close to as important to me as it was 10 years ago, but I really invest in it sometimes. Its probably the #1 thing in my life in terms of hobbies or entertainment. Even though I don't go to very many games, and occasionally miss one on TV, I still really care if the team does well. I love Kansas State guys, like REALLY love it.

Anyway, I really invested hard in the 2012 season. Mrs. CF3 and I had already booked a flight, found a place to stay, and set aside cash for tickets for the Natty 'ship in Miami. It felt like a once in a lifetime chance. We beat Oklahoma, rolled WVU, and were well on our way. I have this memory of sitting at the Falloon before the Baylor game, and bouncing ideas for the trip to Miami off of Pete, who had planned on going also. Just so much optimism in that moment with the fellas at the Falloon that night. When it unraveled, it unraveled so fast.

I still am disappointed about the way the season wrapped up. I mean, a Big XII title is amazing, and nothing to apologize for, but so much more was out there. It just felt like it was finally our year to win it all. We had the coach, the QB, the schedule, the momentum, enough other teams with losses, and would've had a favorable matchup in the game in Miami. It just bums me out whenever I think about it. I kinda doubt we'll ever get that close again in my lifetime.

I found myself this season being more detached from the team emotionally, which is definitely a more healthy way to be a fan I guess, so maybe the loss was good for me to have proper perspective on where KSU football should rank in my life.

I just really, really, really would've enjoyed K-State being undefeated national champs of College Football.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline highway61

• Fan
    • View Profile
I hate to tell you this, but it does not get better.  I am still disappointed about 1998.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Sometimes I daydream about it for minutes at a time and then I realize that it's very, very unhealthy. :frown:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
It wasn't a once in a lifetime chance. We'll have seasons like this again.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It wasn't a once in a lifetime chance. We'll have season like this again.

I can't decide if its good for me to have hope like this or not.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
Yeah, plenty of heartbreak ahead, guys.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

there will be even better seasons you goof.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
I'd like whoever coaches after snyder to win one but not w/ snyders recruits.. if snyder got one that would be amazing but it just doesn't look plausible right now

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
I never thought we would get that close again after '98, but we did. We'll do it again.  :emawkid:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'd like whoever coaches after snyder to win one but not w/ snyders recruits.. if snyder got one that would be amazing but it just doesn't look plausible right now

I don't care who recruited the kids if we actually won a 'ship

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile

there will be even better seasons you goof.
will take! :emawkid:
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
K-State football is definitely the most important part of my life (at this point). It wasn't as painful as '98...at least for me.  :frown:

Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm not going to dwell on the past but instead going to embrace the future. it looks good, NoUndershirtWillFor3!  :cool: #goksu
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm not going to dwell on the past but instead going to embrace the future. it looks good, NoUndershirtWillFor3!  :cool: #goksu

:lynchmob:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
I did all my 'ship celebrating at TCU.  Miami was just to hang on the beach with you guys.  We can still do that.

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Once every three week or so I will get in a funk and just pretty much refer to everything bad in the world as Baylor for taking our natty away.

I was so amped up to go.
:dance:

Offline Muldoon

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Did Mrs. CF3 elect not to change her name to Mrs. NUWF3?

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
I feel you NoUnderShirtWill, but sometimes the trip is more fun than the actual destination. I mean what if we had won the natty? Would you be as excited for our next title run if we had won it all? I don't know, I just enjoy the trip.

Every time I go fishing its in the hope of landing that huge lunker, the once in a lifetime fish...From Scoping spots on google maps, cruising fishing bbs's to get tips, checking my lines and tackle box the day before, reading a book on the bank while waiting for a bite....I find it all enjoyable....99% of the time I'm going to fail in landing that huge lunker but I enjoy the crap out of the entire process and that is the important part.

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Before the 2012 season I kept telling myself "If there was a time, this year would be it".

Crushed dreams suck
@Trogdor_gE

Offline cDubya

• Coal Grab'r
  • Katpak'r
  • KCCO
    • View Profile
Welcome to the entire 30 years of my world, friends. I warmed you up a seat.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
Would you take a Natty if it meant your basement would leak like a sieve?

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
When I find myself in this situation, I now ask myself, does the new playoff system help/hurt our Cats chances of a Natty?

I think it helps our chances of playing in one, but hurts our chances of winning one.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
When I find myself in this situation, I now ask myself, does the new playoff system help/hurt our Cats chances of a Natty?

I think it helps our chances of playing in one, but hurts our chances of winning one.
You might be right. But being in the final four of football (FFF...coincidence?) would be  :love:

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Welcome to the entire 30 years of my world, friends. I warmed you up a seat.
that loss to Pitt in 07 had and prolly continues to just be crushing.  To lose to your rival with so much at stake reminds me of the cats loss to KU in elite 8 in '88 a little.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

This applies to everyone. Of course it's easier to win a one-game playoff - but that isn't unique to Kansas State. (And of course it's easier to everyone to get in.)