Author Topic: Every once in a while I still get bummed out about 2012 not being a natty 'ship  (Read 20075 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
YEAH!

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
NO!

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
 :cry:

We were so close.
:dance:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
The thing that really sucks is that we would've kicked notre dames taints in

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Guys, don't do this to yourselves!

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Yeah, you can't change what you can't change. Its not fun, but you've got to move on.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile

Yeah, you can't change what you can't change. Its not fun, but you've got to move on.

I just said "every once in a while" I get bummed. I'm much better after this therapy on this blog. Sometimes you gotta just let it out.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
Still have mild PTSD from watching the game in person. I left in the 4th quarter after Seastrunk busted out that long one. Just couldn't take it.

eff Waco. Their dorkstore fans do not deserve good things.

/stillmad

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I just said "every once in a while" I get bummed. I'm much better after this therapy on this blog. Sometimes you gotta just let it out.

True. I haven't gone back to rewatch much of that game and probably won't for quite some time.

After I saw this thread yesterday, I did go back and rewatch 1998 Champ game highlights on youtube. I was okay. I had forgotten that last second bomb to the 2 yard line at the end of regulation.

It reaches a point you've got to go back and revisit. It was good for me to watch that, though I understand if others can't say the same.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
I drank half a bottle of maker's that night and then wandered through campus sobbing uncontrollably. It was one of the absolute worst moments of my life, but I'd gladly risk that heartache again to be on top, with a chance to win it all.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

True. I haven't gone back to rewatch much of that game and probably won't for quite some time.

After I saw this thread yesterday, I did go back and rewatch 1998 Champ game highlights on youtube. I was okay. I had forgotten that last second bomb to the 2 yard line at the end of regulation.

It reaches a point you've got to go back and revisit. It was good for me to watch that, though I understand if others can't say the same.
I can't watch either  :frown: I actually think I was more distraught with the '98 game because I was a younger EMAW then and it just meant that much more to me. Felt like that was "my" team

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
eff this thread.  :buh-bye:

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
eff this thread.  :buh-bye:

dude, we're here to help. we'll get through this together.

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
springsteen put on a great performance that night IMO

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
I drank half a bottle of maker's that night and then wandered through campus sobbing uncontrollably. It was one of the absolute worst moments of my life, but I'd gladly risk that heartache again to be on top, with a chance to win it all.

All day every day.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
springsteen put on a great performance that night IMO
squawk outed

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
After we lost to Baylor I got drunk and went outside to run around and hit I my head on a tree branch and fell down.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
I'm more or less over it, but I just wanted it to happen so badly, the Texas game was on my birthday, and while it was pretty sweet to win the Pepper on it, rush the field and whatnot, just how much happier I would have been knowing we we're going to the Natty instead makes me think about it once a while, but really, it was still a really good day.  :)
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
You know who (sort of) cost us both national titles?

Peyton freaking Manning.

Point 1. Manning beat out another talented freshman quarterback for the spot at Tennessee. That quarterback's name was Branndon Stewart. Stewart transfered to aTm eventually and threw all over us in the 4th quarter and OTs.

Point 2. Stewart's high school coach is now pretty familiar. His name is Art Briles. Partially due to his star quarterback's success, Briles got more national attention and eventually got hired at Texas Tech in 2000 as an offensive coach. The rest is history.

So you can do what you want with the Super Bowl, but its pretty clear where your rooting interest should lie.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 09:03:02 AM by ksu_FAN »

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile

Peyton freaking Manning.

Point 1. Manning beat out another talented freshman quarterback for the spot at Tennessee. That quarterback's name was Branndon Stewart. Stewart transfered to aTm eventually and threw all over us in the 4th quarter and OTs.

Point 2. Stewart's high school coach is now pretty familiar. His name is Art Briles. Partially due to his star quarterback's success, Briles got more national attention and eventually got hired at Texas Tech in 2000 as an offensive coach. The rest is history.

So you can do what you want with the Super Bowl, but its pretty clear where your rooting interest should lie.

LETS GET HIM FAN!!!! :curse: :curse: :curse:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Peyton freaking Manning.

I hope Richard Sherman destroys him.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Peyton freaking Manning.

I hope Richard Sherman destroys him.
YES!!

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Peyton freaking Manning.

:surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile

Peyton freaking Manning.

I've never been angrier

Offline kstatefan11

• Fan
    • View Profile
Not sure which hurt more, they were different types of pain. '98 was the better team, that much closer, lost in a game it pretty much dominated, and did all of that in horrific fashion on my 15th birthday. But the '12 team may always be my favorite. Even if when we win one, it will be bittersweet knowing Collin, Arthur, and Chris and that group (and most likely Bill) didn't. That team (tucks in shirt) exemplified K-State and "the Snyder way" as well as any team; it would've been the perfect culmination of events. I can't imagine a more story-book ending. (Untuck) But that team was beat soundly twice, so that eases the pain a bit.

I don't think it's been mentioned, but I remember seeing Ell on the turf holding his hand during the McNeese State game and feeling a sense of dread that something special that was going to happen wasn't going to happen anymore.

Since I'm now in full wallowing-in-sorrow mode, Butler still really stings, too.