Author Topic: KU's new basketball dormitory facility  (Read 51645 times)

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
Re: KU's new basketball dormitory facility
« Reply #325 on: February 27, 2014, 12:14:01 PM »
All of my information comes from financial statements and articles that provide the numbers for KU's recent facilities projects. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 27, 2014, 12:15:32 PM »
Pad's just butthurt that K-State will never approach ten straight Big 12 titles or anything close to the amount of excellence that KU has achieved in the past couple of decades with Roy and Bill.  K-State had to go $83+ million in long-term debt just to give its fanbase something to feel good about.  Sad. 

:rolleyes:

K-State has millions in bond reserve funds to help pay for the debt, and ku still has nearly $50 million dollars in long term debt, including a $6 million dollar note on the Anderson Football Center that's been out there for 6 years now.  ku can't even pay off a zero percent interest promissory note!  ku hasn't paid one dime towards that note. 

How many times do we need to acknowledge that ku is good in basketball, how many times do I and others have to affirm and validate that ku basketball is good Beems?

Online KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 27, 2014, 12:20:27 PM »
Long term lease that you have to pay =/= debt, I guess.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #328 on: February 27, 2014, 12:24:45 PM »
Its a 50 year land lease. Some other entities will own the structure. KuAd will own nothing and rent it,just like an apartment.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

The Big Train

« Reply #329 on: February 27, 2014, 12:31:05 PM »
Awaiting beems next nuclear meltdown
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 02:43:12 PM by The Big Train »

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: February 27, 2014, 12:46:08 PM »
Pretty sure day one of business school is about using leverage properly, and in the right equity ratio.  83 million in long-term debt means nothing to me, hell it may be not nearly enough.  It's probably no where near where it should be if this was a for-profit business.  Looks like to me KU has no rough ridin' clue how to use leverage.

Offline Kermit

• Fan
  • "Wanna Guess Where My Thumb Has Been"
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 27, 2014, 12:47:16 PM »
Pad's just butthurt that K-State will never approach ten straight Big 12 titles or anything close to the amount of excellence that KU has achieved in the past couple of decades with Roy and Bill.  K-State had to go $83+ million in long-term debt just to give its fanbase something to feel good about.  Sad. 

:rolleyes:

Beems, this is an honest question so please answer truthfully.  How many bball titles would you give up for a football title?  The last 10?  Just 5 of them?  I'm curious.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 27, 2014, 12:55:43 PM »
You have to have millions in hand, and show that you're going to generate millions more, before the KBOR, State and KDFA will even allow you to sell millions of dollars in bonds. 

WSC (Master Plan Phase II) Total Price Tag: $86.75 million, but K-State only issued $53 million in bonds.  Over $30 million out of pocket for K-State athletics.   That out of pocket would have paid for the entirety of the Anderson Football Complex, a project that ku had to borrow millions for in order to complete.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 27, 2014, 01:01:34 PM »
Oh, I see... I think I finally understand what you're trying to tell us, 'Pad.  K-State's $83+ million in long term debt is a sign of financial strength, while KU's $49 million in long-term debt is a sign of weakness.  Got it.

:thumbsup:

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 27, 2014, 01:03:06 PM »
Making statements in a vacuum is fun.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 27, 2014, 01:07:28 PM »
Oh, I see... I think I finally understand what you're trying to tell us, 'Pad.  K-State's $83+ million in long term debt is a sign of financial strength, while KU's $49 million in long-term debt is a sign of weakness.  Got it.

LOL, not true Captain Butthurt. 

Hey now that I think about it, the out of pocket portion of the WSC by itself would be the largest cash funded facilities project in KBOR School History, and to think, there's a good chance K-State will soon announce a cash funded project that may dwarf that $33 million out of pocket.   

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 27, 2014, 01:09:55 PM »

LOL, not true Captain Butthurt. 

Hey now that I think about it, the out of pocket portion of the WSC by itself would be the largest cash funded facilities project in KBOR School History, and to think, there's a good chance K-State will soon announce a cash funded project that may dwarf that $33 million out of pocket.

:ksu:  :ksu:  :ksu:  :ksu:  :ksu:  :ksu:  :ksu:  :ksu:  :ksu:  :ksu:  :ksu:  :ksu:  :ksu:  :ksu:  :ksu:  :ksu:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 27, 2014, 01:15:09 PM »
Kstate athletics is out performing ku's.  I don't think there is a ton of dispute there.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 27, 2014, 01:21:55 PM »
Kstate athletics is out performing ku's.  I don't think there is a ton of dispute there.

There's plenty of dispute if you prioritize winning conference titles, Final Fours, and national championships.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 27, 2014, 01:26:23 PM »

Athletics: Titletown. Good at all three men's sports, including national title contender in most important sport in college athletics.

Academics: More Kansas high school seniors choose K-State than any other university in the state. Among Kansas public universities, K-State has the highest percentage of freshmen who return their sophomore year. Highest main-campus enrollment in state. Record Spring enrollment, continuing trend of growth. NBAF arriving to make K-State #1 agriculture university in the country.

City: MHK is fastest growing metro area in the state. Riley is in top-20 counties in the nation for economic growth, the only one in Kansas. One of top 15 fastest growing cities in America.

Good time to be a Wildcat. KU has good stuff too, keep your head up.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 27, 2014, 01:31:29 PM »
Celebrate good times, oh yeah!!!! :billdance: :ksu: :emawkid:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 27, 2014, 01:40:12 PM »

There's plenty of dispute if you prioritize winning conference titles, Final Fours, and national championships.

Your football and baseball programs are a shambles to an humiliating extent.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 27, 2014, 01:41:28 PM »
Beas, Walker, Brown Bros, Harper, Brod Smith, Delton

Man we have been raking

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 27, 2014, 01:44:21 PM »

Athletics: Titletown. Good at all three men's sports, including national title contender in most important sport in college athletics.

Academics: More Kansas high school seniors choose K-State than any other university in the state. Among Kansas public universities, K-State has the highest percentage of freshmen who return their sophomore year. Highest main-campus enrollment in state. Record Spring enrollment, continuing trend of growth. NBAF arriving to make K-State #1 agriculture university in the country.

City: MHK is fastest growing metro area in the state. Riley is in top-20 counties in the nation for economic growth, the only one in Kansas. One of top 15 fastest growing cities in America.

:D

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 27, 2014, 01:46:13 PM »

You also left out K-state becoming the most diverse campus in Kansas, expansion of university assets at a high rate, and University being top 10 happiest in the nation :)
@Trogdor_gE

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: February 27, 2014, 01:47:29 PM »

Your football and baseball programs are a shambles to an humiliating extent.

The baseball program is undefeated this season and finished at the top of the Big 12 last year.  K-State is 1-7 and at the bottom of the league right now.

:ROFL:

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 27, 2014, 01:53:56 PM »
The baseball program is undefeated this season and finished at the top of the Big 12 last year

Wut? KU finished 6th in a 9 team league, which is factually not at the top. Factually, at the top would be #1 seed and outright champion K-State.

You are correct that KU is undefeated this season. Keep your head up.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 27, 2014, 01:54:56 PM »
 :lol:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 27, 2014, 01:55:38 PM »
bbs angry, beems. Works for the shocks.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 27, 2014, 01:56:19 PM »
women's team smoked the ladyhawks last night on tv, was hilarious to watch the delicious tears flow down the loserhawks faces as they left their home court in defeat.  depression much, ladyhawk?  what a joke that place has become.   

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.