Author Topic: KU's new basketball dormitory facility  (Read 51657 times)

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
Re: KU's new basketball dormitory facility
« Reply #150 on: February 20, 2014, 11:51:59 AM »
KU has raised over a billion dollars in private funding since 08.  Unlike K-State, we have multiple alums who can afford to donate millions to renovating the stadium.  Cliff Illig and Cerner are heavily Involved in the process, and renderings will be released after bball season concludes.

:excited: :excited: :excited:  My God how I am hankering for some renderings!

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 20, 2014, 11:53:12 AM »
KU has raised over a billion dollars in private funding since 08.  Unlike K-State, we have multiple alums who can afford to donate millions to renovating the stadium.  Cliff Illig and Cerner are heavily Involved in the process, and renderings will be released after bball season concludes.

After 09-10 basketball season?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 20, 2014, 12:15:35 PM »
if they really do end up redoing the entire fball stadium then anybody want to guess on the over/under clipart that will be used. 50? 100?

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 20, 2014, 12:24:03 PM »
if they really do end up redoing the entire fball stadium then anybody want to guess on the over/under clipart that will be used. 50? 100?

im not so sure about clip art but ive heard some rumors from some big time KU donors (Cerner guys- legit) about Comic Sans being used in the end zones.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 20, 2014, 12:48:07 PM »
KU has raised over a billion dollars in private funding since 08.  Unlike K-State, we have multiple alums who can afford to donate millions to renovating the stadium. Cliff Illig and Cerner are heavily Involved in the process, and renderings will be released after bball season concludes.

Yet we've been constantly renovating and building so........

Online 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 20, 2014, 01:06:05 PM »

This is excellent. Grats Beems

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 20, 2014, 01:10:00 PM »

Oh man, good call out.  That thing IS really stupid...

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 20, 2014, 01:14:19 PM »
KU has raised over a billion dollars in private funding since 08.  Unlike K-State, we have multiple alums who can afford to donate millions to renovating the stadium. Cliff Illig and Cerner are heavily Involved in the process, and renderings will be released after bball season concludes.

He said they could afford to, not that anyone actually is

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 20, 2014, 01:19:42 PM »

Oh. Kinda like I COULD lose weight IF I really tried?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 20, 2014, 01:20:56 PM »

it's all priorities and doing something about the worst football stadium in america apparently lies somewhere behind spending 18 million to keep the rules of basketball dry. maybe next year ku football clipart fans.

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/04/17/4187423/ku-to-build-18-million-home-for.html

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 20, 2014, 01:59:22 PM »

I can name multiple people who have given K-State eight figure donations in the last month, and KU still has a track around its football field.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 20, 2014, 02:09:22 PM »
The "KU has multiple alums who can afford to donate millions" talk is getting old.  Either your alums are unwilling to donate or KU has the worst Athletic Department in division 1 when it comes to raising money (or maybe a lethal combo of both).  Sounds like a lot of wishful thinking.  T's and P's.   
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 02:12:43 PM by WildcatNkilt »
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 20, 2014, 02:15:14 PM »
If K-State had just built a brand new sports complex for its national championship track & field program, announced plans for a $17 million luxury apartment for its bball programs, hired HNTB for a complete upgrade of its football stadium, and started construction for a facility that would house the original rules of basketball, I wouldn't be making fun of them.  But hey, I guess that's what separates me from the inferiority complex'd herd at goEMAW.com.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 20, 2014, 02:19:25 PM »
PLANS TO UPGRADE!

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 20, 2014, 02:19:32 PM »
If K-State had just built a brand new sports complex for its national championship track & field program, announced plans for a $17 million luxury apartment for its bball programs, hired HNTB for a complete upgrade of its football stadium, and started construction for a facility that would house the original rules of basketball, I wouldn't be making fun of them.  But hey, I guess that's what separates me from the inferiority complex'd herd at goEMAW.com.

I wasn't rooting for TCU last night, but I was rooting for you kicking ass here today if TCU had won.  Oh well.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: February 20, 2014, 02:20:27 PM »
The "KU has multiple alums who can afford to donate millions" talk is getting old.  Either your alums are unwilling to donate or KU has the worst Athletic Department in division 1 when it comes to raising money (or maybe a lethal combo of both).  Sounds like a lot of wishful thinking.  T's and P's.

KU has raised over a billion dollars since '08 through its Far Above fundraising campaign.  There's plenty of deep pockets to help fund the football stadium upgrade once HNTB releases the renderings after bball season.  My guess is that Illig and Cerner play a big role in the upgrades, and KU incorporates some of the technology from Sporting Park into the new Memorial.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 20, 2014, 02:26:49 PM »

I wasn't rooting for TCU last night, but I was rooting for you kicking ass here today if TCU had won.  Oh well.

I hate to break it to you, but the KSU/TCU game last night was pretty low on beems' totem pole.  Congrats on the big win, I guess.

:dunno:

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 20, 2014, 02:28:20 PM »

I hate to break it to you, but the KSU/TCU game last night was pretty low on beems' totem pole.  Congrats on the big win, I guess.

:dunno:

You have me pegged.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 20, 2014, 02:28:58 PM »

Oh. Kinda like I COULD lose weight IF I really tried?
Sort of. But more like you meet up with your brother who's extremely good looking and ripped with hot chicks draped all over him. So on a normal day, you're around a 6, but next to him? pud city.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 20, 2014, 02:30:17 PM »

KU has raised over a billion dollars since '08 through its Far Above fundraising campaign.  There's plenty of deep pockets to help fund the football stadium upgrade once HNTB releases the renderings after bball season.  My guess is that Illig and Cerner play a big role in the upgrades, and KU incorporates some of the technology from Sporting Park into the new Memorial.

I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 20, 2014, 02:32:35 PM »

I know you're smarter than this.  The endowment is not an ATM that can be used for athletic facilities upgrades.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 20, 2014, 02:33:24 PM »

is this supposed to mean something to me?? sounds a lot like a virus
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 20, 2014, 02:38:29 PM »

I hope so.  We poke fun but we don't want to see Memorial Stadium as part of a "ghost buildings" Buzzfeed article (obviously exaggerating).  These campaigns fall into completely different pools of money.  KU has great high-salaried grad school programs (Pharmacy, Med, Law, etc.).  Many alumns of those programs donate large flows of cash to those educational entities through campaigns like the Far Above.  The biggest caveat of what you are comparing is the students that graduated from said grad programs (and who also pump a lot of money back into them) went to undergrad at other Universities.  It is more common for fans of college athletics to support their undergrad school than their grad school (if different), especially when you're talking about giving money back to the athletic program.  It seems like you are saying that once Far Above is finished, all these donors will start pushing their donations to Athletics and other campaigns.  That doesn't make sense...because they are separate entitites. 
KU Endowment: An independent, nonprofit organization and the official fundraising foundation for the University of Kansas
KU Athletics could (and should) be campaigning their ass off for donations along side of KU Endowment.  Far Above is the same type of campaign as KSU's 2025.  The Athletic Department won't see a dime.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 20, 2014, 02:41:22 PM »
ku is not doing a complete upgrade of memorial

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline CatMission

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 20, 2014, 02:49:47 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but saying that KU built the track complex is a bit of an overstatement. Didn't KU figure out a way to put the city of Lawrence on the hook for that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk