Author Topic: Lost my phone, person who stole it now taking pics that upload to my google+  (Read 97763 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
The phone has been spending a lot of time at this location since yesterday evening.  It is there currently. 

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
They must work at the trailer park because it's the middle of the day.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Guys, I can't seem to get the app installed on the lost phone, or be able to control it.  I'm not sure what the problem is. It's installed on my current phone (same kind) and works pretty well. 

On the app site forum it says that when multiple devices are connected to the app a drop down menu will appear and allow you to choose which device to interact with, but I'm not finding any drop down menu. 

I'll see if anything changes.  If it fails it looks like we're left with just the location notifications that I've been using the whole time. 

Sorry to disappoint.

Did you click on the little gear icon at the top right of the page to access the settings?  Don't know for sure, but it could be there.

I did, and couldn't find anything.  I hope I haven't done anything to alert them of my spying by trying to install the app.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile

you're jumping to conclusions in regards to their work schedule.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Guys, I can't seem to get the app installed on the lost phone, or be able to control it.  I'm not sure what the problem is. It's installed on my current phone (same kind) and works pretty well. 

On the app site forum it says that when multiple devices are connected to the app a drop down menu will appear and allow you to choose which device to interact with, but I'm not finding any drop down menu. 

I'll see if anything changes.  If it fails it looks like we're left with just the location notifications that I've been using the whole time. 

Sorry to disappoint.

Did you click on the little gear icon at the top right of the page to access the settings?  Don't know for sure, but it could be there.

I did, and couldn't find anything.  I hope I haven't done anything to alert them of my spying by trying to install the app.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/androidlost/QwnoTpbESzY

*Edit: You have probably found this already and posted the question 21 minutes ago.  :peek:
@mikec2w

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
I think I'm going to call Sprint and ask them if they can get the serial numbers from all the phones that I've purchased from them.  Then see if that serial number is registered with any other companies currently.  Someone suggested this.  I forgot who it was.

Offline KSUblacklab

• Fan
  • Everyone's a little douche'e sometimes.
    • View Profile
The phone has been spending a lot of time at this location since yesterday evening.  It is there currently. 

Are you sure about your circled trailers. To me it seems to bee on the other side of the street. And to the south. One of the three trailer from the south. On the eastside.
Did you know Kansas State's first mascot was a black lab?

I don't like master threads as much as others. I mean, they have there purpose. But, so do new threads.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile

Sorry to disappoint.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/androidlost/QwnoTpbESzY

*Edit: You have probably found this already and posted the question 21 minutes ago.  :peek:

yes.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

you're jumping to conclusions in regards to their work schedule.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that unemployed people might live in a trailer park

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
yeah. it's not one of the circled ones. it's on the east side of the street. def one of the bottom three.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile

Are you sure about your circled trailers. To me it seems to bee on the other side of the street. And to the south. One of the three trailer from the south. On the eastside.

No, you're right, and I originally deleted a post with the circled trailers.  The gps locator actually kind of goes back and forth between the two locations.  It does stay in the general area of the trailer park.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
so do you guys need me to get Merv on this or what

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
I want to say that I'm pretty sorry that I can't get the androidlost app working on the lost phone.  Hopefully that changes, but it is a missed opportunity for fun.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
I want to say that I'm pretty sorry that I can't get the androidlost app working on the lost phone.  Hopefully that changes, but it is a missed opportunity for fun.

i'm certainly not disappointed in our current abilities :thumbs:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
so do you guys need me to get Merv on this or what

I'm not sure what this means (@MERVksu)?

Offline KSUblacklab

• Fan
  • Everyone's a little douche'e sometimes.
    • View Profile
this

[attachment deleted by admin]
Did you know Kansas State's first mascot was a black lab?

I don't like master threads as much as others. I mean, they have there purpose. But, so do new threads.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
My goodness, this thread is a treat.  Just an absolute treat.

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile

WTF is going on over there on the east side of the street?  That is some of the shittiest parking I've ever seen.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
this

Absolutely, but to be safe I would still consider the adjacent houses.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
anyone else a little scared about how good ksublacklab is at this stuff?
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
it really is bizarre parking. also does part of your lot rent go to giving everyone in the neighborhood a free white car or something. i mean they're like 85% white cars.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
this

And I just did another location update and the phone looks to have moved up near the original three houses.  Still, last night it seemed to remain closer to your location for most of the night.  Perhaps the neighbors are friends or family.  We know there are two residential locations that the phone frequents. 

1. The block over on Lightner

2. This area by the trailer park

These perps were definitely out and about yesterday, we can only hope that they resume public activity within the next day or two.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
anyone else a little scared about how good ksublacklab is at this stuff?

what? you think he just randomly ended up with ksublacklab from inputting info on randomscreennamegenerator.com? i mean the guy was bred to hunt down stuff like this. now if yorkiepoocatfan43 is crosshairing this guy, then we have something to discuss. ksublacklab though? pssh.

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
it really is bizarre parking. also does part of your lot rent go to giving everyone in the neighborhood a free white car or something. i mean they're like 85% white cars.

Shot in the dark here maybe they are police cars hence the blocking of the driveways.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Perp or perp's wife in a funny hat!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtqUHfokr48&feature=youtu.be  <--- vid of silly hat
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 01:53:29 PM by nicname »