Author Topic: Lost my phone, person who stole it now taking pics that upload to my google+  (Read 95835 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
So, I lost my phone a few months ago in Wichita. The last I saw it was at the Palace movie theater.  I located it, called the theater, etc., but they couldn't find it. I also went back to check, nothing. After that I had the service cancelled on the phone and everything, thought I had it bricked up. 

Lo and behold, today when checking my email I get a notice that I have new pictures uploaded to my picasa/ google+ images. "WTF" I think to myself.  I never synched google+ to my new phone.  I check the image and it is some chick.  Google asks me if I would like to review all the new images that have been uploaded to my google+ album. What do I find? Tons of pictures from some dude who found my phone and started using it. 

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This could be a fun game were goEMAW helps you find the location of your phone based on pictures you share.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So, I lost my phone a few months ago in Wichita. The last I saw it was at the Palace movie theater.  I located it, called the theater, etc., but they couldn't find it. I also went back to check, nothing. After that I had the service cancelled on the phone and everything, thought I had it bricked up. 

Lo and behold, today when checking my email I get a notice that I have new pictures uploaded to my picasa/ google+ images. "WTF" I think to myself.  I never synched google+ to my new phone.  I check the image and it is some chick.  Google asks me if I would like to review all the new images that have been uploaded to my google+ album. What do I find? Tons of pictures from some dude who found my phone and started using it. 

Post the pictures and we will solve this crime

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
depending on the phone, software, etc there can be metadata embedded in the image files.  you should just post them (unprocessed) here

The Big Train

Post the pics here and on TMB with the caption "Dirty rotten phone stealers".

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
First thing this dude decides to snap pic of or record? A mouse on a trap that he caught with a piece of popcorn.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
First thing this dude decides to snap pic of or record? A mouse on a trap that he caught with a piece of popcorn.

Hmm that background noise could be a clue.   
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Lost my phone, person who stole it now taking pics that upload to my google+
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2014, 02:45:45 PM »
sys has your phone

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Apparently he and his wife enjoy the movies.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Apparently he and his wife enjoy the movies.

Do they still have Crimestoppers? 

You should print out flyers with this picture and post a reward of 1,000 for any information relating to this dude's positive identification.  But, in the fine print note that the reward will be paid in pesos...which is about $76 at today's exchange rate.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile

An evening for two at Cheddar's.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
 :popcorn: <---- with jalepenos!

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Also, that crazy broad puts a giant pile of jalapenos on her popcorn!  :sdeek:

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

OMG, I know!  Is that a real thing????

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Save those pics, just in case this dude figures out how to access the account and deletes them.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
They have pics of their kids and stuff at their house but gps coordinates aren't on for those pictures. The gps coordinates are on for a few of the pics in public places.

I honestly don't care that I have my phone. I'm only worried about possible access to passwords, etc.  I thought when I had Sprint (crappy phone company) brick the phone it would render it unusable.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
I'm not going to post pictures of the kids.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
this has all the ingredients to become a classic :popcorn:

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Is that a thing? Seems gross.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
They have pics of their kids and stuff at their house but gps coordinates aren't on for those pictures. The gps coordinates are on for a few of the pics in public places.

I honestly don't care that I have my phone. I'm only worried about possible access to passwords, etc.  I thought when I had Sprint (crappy phone company) brick the phone it would render it unusable.

I'd call the cops, dude.  Seriously, just for the intrigue of the deal.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
this has all the ingredients to become a classic :popcorn:

pop some jalepenos on that corn

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm not going to post pictures of the kids.

Understood, but I think this fella gave up the expectation of privacy when he started using a found/stolen phone, IMO.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Deep in the amway game.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
I really wish one of the "at home" pics had gps.  I'm still looking.

I'd like to drive over to their house, knock on the door, ask for my phone and then smash it into a million pieces on their front porch.