Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 630916 times)

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #10575 on: December 11, 2019, 02:04:31 PM »
i guess i didn't think a full blown rebuild was necessary.  they started 2019 very strong, injuries piled up, CONCACAF early had them playing a couple games a week.  not saying he's the answer, but maybe he is.  need help on the back end.

i'm also new to soccer, so i don't understand any of the salary cap, drafting, international players, etc.

i'm just happy to have an apparent stud on the team.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #10576 on: December 11, 2019, 03:05:57 PM »
Like if you're getting ready for a rebuild this seems like a weird time to put so much resources into one player who's currently in his prime

They're not going to rebuild. They aren't going to replace Besler, Zusi, Espinoza, and Melia all at once. It is worth noting that they have added a goal keeper, fullback, and center back the last two transfer windows. There's also a young fullback and midfielder that they have spent multiple years getting ready to play.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
 :D

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
first 2 matches were very pleasing to my eyeballs.  Pulido/Kinda were great pickups.  hope we can stay healthy should be a fun season.

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
so much for that...

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
6 points with +5 GD wins the league. paint it on the wall

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Motherfuckers

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
That was rough ridin' brutal.

Granted skc had at least 5 GREAT chances they blew.

Brutal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
It’s a pandemic with almost no sports, so I watched an MLS game. That was a bummer.
:adios:

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
last night, was, ummm, something

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I shitted approximately 8 bricks. Everything that happened will overshadow how awful Graham Smith was.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
he needs to work on being good at hitting balls with his face

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10587 on: September 02, 2020, 07:59:05 PM »
didn’t they just have the mls cup? there’s a skc game on now
did they just take no time off?  why are they not in orlando when cases are worse than before?
what’s happening, this isn’t easily googleable

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10588 on: September 02, 2020, 09:10:23 PM »
The thing in Orlando was the "MLS is Back" tournament. After that they resumed the regular season. They started letting some fans in last weekend.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10589 on: September 03, 2020, 09:32:18 AM »
The thing in Orlando was the "MLS is Back" tournament. After that they resumed the regular season. They started letting some fans in last weekend.

ty, "Spaces"

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10590 on: September 03, 2020, 09:58:59 AM »
Busio looked very good last night

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10591 on: September 03, 2020, 11:22:49 AM »
Shelton looks like a completely different player this year. glad he got the goal last night because he completely earned it with his play throughout the first half.

also lol at our defense in the first 20 minutes, that was some vintage early 2000s MLS

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10592 on: September 04, 2020, 01:21:52 AM »

Busio is so so so ridiculously good. I'm guessing he doesn't want his future to be a defensive midfielder but my god he's so good there.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10593 on: September 04, 2020, 08:16:26 AM »

Busio is so so so ridiculously good. I'm guessing he doesn't want his future to be a defensive midfielder but my god he's so good there.

Agreed.  It was hard to tell how much of it was FC Dallas making terrible decisions but he was just effortlessly intercepting everything.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10594 on: September 04, 2020, 09:40:38 PM »

Agreed.  It was hard to tell how much of it was FC Dallas making terrible decisions but he was just effortlessly intercepting everything.

He was very good there against Colorado as well.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10595 on: November 23, 2020, 08:24:35 AM »
My goodness Tim Melia.  I've never seen that before in my life

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10596 on: November 23, 2020, 10:09:22 AM »
His PK performance overshadowed the ridiculous saves he made during the match, that double save was  :surprised:

The MLS playoffs have been insane, amazingly great television.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10597 on: November 25, 2020, 09:53:55 AM »
I don't know where to find anything terribly definitive on this, but we host the MLS Cup now if we make it?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10598 on: November 25, 2020, 10:05:16 PM »
I don't know where to find anything terribly definitive on this, but we host the MLS Cup now if we make it?

Yes. We had the 3rd best regular season record, the teams with the two best records, Philadelphia and Toronto, have been bounced.

Going into the playoffs my bracket had SKC hosting Orlando, still holds up.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10599 on: November 30, 2020, 08:16:25 AM »
Good deal - I didn't know for sure with the points per game as opposed to overall points.