Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 657066 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #8300 on: October 30, 2015, 03:28:50 PM »
bonercat, remember when I came up with your name?  :D

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #8301 on: October 30, 2015, 03:29:03 PM »

I'm worried about Zusi, he did not have the season or the match last night that a DP on a club like sporting should have.

Zusi isn't good anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:rolleyes:

many people keep saying this, and I have to disagree.  In several games that he didn't notch an assist or goal in, he was the only spark in chasing the damn ball down and getting the attack started for us.  I get that people want to reduce his salary based on this year. That's fine.  But don't act like he shouldn't be on the damn team.

It's not like he's getting paid $5m a year. He's getting paid less than $700k. He also has played for USMNT non-stop and probably still isn't fully recovered from that foot injury from the winter. JK needs to stop calling him up and he'll be fine.

Offline bonercat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8302 on: October 30, 2015, 03:31:42 PM »
bonercat, remember when I came up with your name?  :D

How could I forget?! That's why you never ask for new name suggestions folks (you just pick a good one to start off with and roll with it)  :billdance:
[

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8303 on: October 30, 2015, 03:40:41 PM »

I'm worried about Zusi, he did not have the season or the match last night that a DP on a club like sporting should have.

Zusi isn't good anymore

:rolleyes:

many people keep saying this, and I have to disagree.  In several games that he didn't notch an assist or goal in, he was the only spark in chasing the damn ball down and getting the attack started for us.  I get that people want to reduce his salary based on this year. That's fine.  But don't act like he shouldn't be on the damn team.

It's not like he's getting paid $5m a year. He's getting paid less than $700k. He also has played for USMNT non-stop and probably still isn't fully recovered from that foot injury from the winter. JK needs to stop calling him up and he'll be fine.

http://www.si.com/soccer/planet-futbol/2014/07/31/graham-zusi-matt-besler-mls-salary-sporting-kansas-city

Each player then will see his base compensation rise to $650,000 in 2015, $700,000 the following season, $725,000 in 2017 and $750,000 during the final year. Besler also has a no-trade clause, and both players have marketing and performance bonuses that could see their income rise further. For example, Zusi will earn an additional $55,000 if SKC wins a second consecutive title. Besler will be $35,000 richer if he pockets a second MLS Defender of the Year award.

He clearly is still good enough to play, but three more years for both of these guys :sdeek:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #8304 on: October 30, 2015, 03:45:22 PM »
http://www.si.com/soccer/planet-futbol/2014/07/31/graham-zusi-matt-besler-mls-salary-sporting-kansas-city

meh. that's still not that crazy. I agree they need to improve, but I don't disagree with ownership paying up to keep them in KC.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #8305 on: October 30, 2015, 05:04:35 PM »
Fyi bonercat is a top tier name. Not joking.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8306 on: October 30, 2015, 06:46:07 PM »
Yeah, whoever changed my name to slobber, thank you. It did wonders for me.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8307 on: October 31, 2015, 12:49:15 AM »

meh. that's still not that crazy. I agree they need to improve, but I don't disagree with ownership paying up to keep them in KC.

I don't think anyone thinks Graham is overpaid, scott was just being a little emotional.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #8312 on: November 02, 2015, 05:33:43 PM »
Lol Kreis is officially out at NYCFC. :facepalm:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8313 on: November 02, 2015, 06:03:48 PM »
eff Fabio Capello

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #8314 on: November 02, 2015, 07:49:56 PM »
eff Fabio Capello
I'm hoping for Patrick Vieira

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8315 on: November 02, 2015, 09:12:24 PM »
Carlo4NYCFC

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8316 on: November 02, 2015, 10:12:39 PM »
This was fun to catch up on, thanks cf3 and also great name bonercat
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8319 on: November 05, 2015, 07:05:35 AM »
https://twitter.com/usopencup/status/662253442581307392

This sucks hard

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8320 on: November 05, 2015, 07:09:12 AM »

This sucks hard

seems really stupid. Similar stance would be "no professional golfers in the U.S. Open"

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #8321 on: November 05, 2015, 10:26:11 AM »

This sucks hard

yeah it's too bad but that's how it is other places in the world

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8322 on: November 05, 2015, 11:48:30 AM »

This sucks hard

yeah it's too bad but that's how it is other places in the world
This is America!

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline bonercat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8323 on: November 05, 2015, 02:01:45 PM »
Rumblings of a potential Brad Davis to SKC move.... :dunno:

Personally, I'd have him take every corner/free kick imaginable and I'd bet we'd become even better on set pieces.  After that though, would he have the stamina to play a full 90 on the squad? Would be interesting...
[

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #8324 on: November 05, 2015, 02:54:44 PM »
Would take. But no, could not be an every day starter.