Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 656157 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #8275 on: October 30, 2015, 12:38:03 PM »
with about a week of practice kicking a soccer ball against my backyard fence I bet I could go 19/20 on soccer extra points. why do they miss them? strategy?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 12:51:18 PM by Rick RowdyBoyy Daris »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #8276 on: October 30, 2015, 12:38:30 PM »
That match was Kevin Ellis' season in a nice 120 minute package. Solid defense for 117 minutes, scores a great header against a guy seemingly a foot bigger than he is, has a brutal defensive lapse with 3 minutes left of a game we are winning, misses a penalty with a chance to win the match. Kevin Ellis 2015.

Also all of you shitheads browning things up in here, I'm going to eff that Royals thread all the way up when they lose.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8277 on: October 30, 2015, 12:39:00 PM »
okay so i never played soccer past like 4th grade but it seems silly to hit the post in a shootout.

like, the goal is huge. putting it 2 feet inside the post seems like it would be far enough away from the goalie. why did we hit the post twice? dumb.

Because a good keeper is capable of making a save of even a well struck ball that they guess right on. Kempen's shot that was saved is a perfect example of that. He hit it with good pace but it wasn't far enough to his left to beat the keeper.

okay but hes the goalie and he didnt kick it 2 feet inside the post. it was more like halway between the post and the goalie. he doesnt have the deception of which side the other players have.

my point is there is no excuse that our players should come close to hitting the post. we hit it twice last night. if the goalie saves a ball 2 ft from the post then good for him- do it 4 more times. the post balls didnt go in.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8278 on: October 30, 2015, 12:40:14 PM »
okay so i never played soccer past like 4th grade but it seems silly to hit the post in a shootout.

like, the goal is huge. putting it 2 feet inside the post seems like it would be far enough away from the goalie. why did we hit the post twice? dumb.

Because a good keeper is capable of making a save of even a well struck ball that they guess right on. Kempen's shot that was saved is a perfect example of that. He hit it with good pace but it wasn't far enough to his left to beat the keeper.

okay but hes the goalie and he didnt kick it 2 feet inside the post. it was more like halway between the post and the goalie. he doesnt have the deception of which side the other players have.

my point is there is no excuse that our players should come close to hitting the post. we hit it twice last night. if the goalie saves a ball 2 ft from the post then good for him- do it 4 more times. the post balls didnt go in.

lol, okay

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8279 on: October 30, 2015, 12:40:32 PM »
Also all of you shitheads browning things up in here, I'm going to eff that Royals thread all the way up when they lose.

lol yeah okay MIR.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #8280 on: October 30, 2015, 12:41:12 PM »
Hm well Jon Kempin kicked the ball two feet inside the post or less. That didn't work out.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8281 on: October 30, 2015, 12:43:54 PM »
Quote from: sunny_cat link=topic=30423.msg1462185
#msg1462185 date=1446226872
Hm well Jon Kempin kicked the ball two feet inside the post or less. That didn't work out.

nope.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #8282 on: October 30, 2015, 12:45:45 PM »
Quote from: sunny_cat link=topic=30423.msg1462185
#msg1462185 date=1446226872

nope.

point is 2 feet inside the post is ground easily covered by the keeper. It takes a Kevin Ellis USOC Final PK to be virtually unsavable.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8283 on: October 30, 2015, 01:38:13 PM »

lol yeah okay MIR.

I was rooting for KC. Don't you want SKC's fanbase to grow???????

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #8284 on: October 30, 2015, 01:42:32 PM »

if we lose you can go absolutely nuts in there. I'll rename it the stupid redsox or some other garbage team thread and then light a match and burn it to the ground with the rest of the soccer board.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8285 on: October 30, 2015, 01:47:24 PM »

if we lose you can go absolutely nuts in there. I'll rename it the stupid redsox or some other garbage team thread and then light a match and burn it to the ground with the rest of the soccer board.
:thumbs:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8286 on: October 30, 2015, 01:53:09 PM »

Yep, can't take what you dish out, sounds about right. I'd probably feel the same way about a team who spent 30 years losing that I started caring about like 15 minutes ago. I probably won't post in the thread though because I'm not a loser and I have better things to do than troll something I have no fucks about.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #8287 on: October 30, 2015, 02:21:15 PM »
 :buh-bye:

Offline bonercat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8288 on: October 30, 2015, 02:25:36 PM »
Last night was rough.  Still hurts today.  This one will sting for awhile. 

Now I'm interested in theorizing what happens to the team for next year
[

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8289 on: October 30, 2015, 02:28:26 PM »
I'm worried about Zusi, he did not have the season or the match last night that a DP on a club like sporting should have.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #8290 on: October 30, 2015, 02:30:22 PM »
I'm worried about Zusi, he did not have the season or the match last night that a DP on a club like sporting should have.

Still hasn't been the same since the WC. :(

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8291 on: October 30, 2015, 02:30:48 PM »
I wanna ask a soccer Q.

What defensively should SKC have done on the play leading up to the last goal? Seemed like that dude who kicked it had a wide open goal

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8292 on: October 30, 2015, 02:40:53 PM »
I wanna ask a soccer Q.

What defensively should SKC have done on the play leading up to the last goal? Seemed like that dude who kicked it had a wide open goal

What I saw was pretty close to what the commentators mentioned. Someone missed their mark allowing the Portland player to be that open and the fullback (don't remember for sure, but I think it was Dia) gave the passer too much space.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8293 on: October 30, 2015, 02:43:40 PM »
I wanna ask a soccer Q.

The person defending the cross needed to be closer and Kevin Ellis definitely lost the guy he should have been marking (guarding).

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8294 on: October 30, 2015, 02:44:16 PM »
thanks

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8295 on: October 30, 2015, 03:05:16 PM »

Zusi isn't good anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #8296 on: October 30, 2015, 03:06:49 PM »

Yep, can't take what you dish out, sounds about right. I'd probably feel the same way about a team who spent 30 years losing that I started caring about like 15 minutes ago. I probably won't post in the thread though because I'm not a loser and I have better things to do than troll something I have no fucks about.

:sdeek:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #8297 on: October 30, 2015, 03:08:19 PM »

Zusi isn't good anymore

:rolleyes:

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8298 on: October 30, 2015, 03:24:09 PM »
Zusi has lost a step or two.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline bonercat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8299 on: October 30, 2015, 03:25:36 PM »

Zusi isn't good anymore

:rolleyes:

many people keep saying this, and I have to disagree.  In several games that he didn't notch an assist or goal in, he was the only spark in chasing the damn ball down and getting the attack started for us.  I get that people want to reduce his salary based on this year. That's fine.  But don't act like he shouldn't be on the damn team.
[