Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 655895 times)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #8250 on: October 29, 2015, 11:58:18 PM »
FINISH HIM. HAHAHAHHA

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #8251 on: October 29, 2015, 11:59:03 PM »
that's harder than an actual goal

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8252 on: October 29, 2015, 11:59:55 PM »
more like i'm a do a goal.....

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8253 on: October 30, 2015, 12:01:28 AM »
the goalies kick penalty tries? the eff?

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8254 on: October 30, 2015, 12:02:16 AM »

Yea, it's dumb :cry:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8255 on: October 30, 2015, 12:02:29 AM »
:frown:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8256 on: October 30, 2015, 12:02:40 AM »

NL rules

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8257 on: October 30, 2015, 12:02:55 AM »
That was not good. Sorry gE'ers who are really huge SKC fans.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8258 on: October 30, 2015, 12:05:35 AM »
baby kemp was great in those.  sucks we let him down :frown:

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8259 on: October 30, 2015, 12:05:54 AM »
OH well, got the Open Cup

#goroyals #1kc

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8260 on: October 30, 2015, 12:06:51 AM »
baby kemp was great in those.  sucks we let him down :frown:

Yep, the double post one hurts

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #8261 on: October 30, 2015, 05:20:13 AM »
Soccer/Football:  Play your guts out for a long time, end up tied.  So everybody go grab some Gatorade, stand around and settle the game with the rousing equivalent of one on one dodge ball.  :thumbsup

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8262 on: October 30, 2015, 06:13:28 AM »
That sucked last night you guys. It sucked a lot. You don't see shootouts go that deep. Can't blame the boys. It was still a successful season though. Playoffs and an Open Cup Trophy isn't a bad season. I have confidence in Robb and PV to improve this team this offseason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8263 on: October 30, 2015, 07:54:07 AM »
Losing in extras is the most foreign sensation to me (a royal sporting aficionado)

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8264 on: October 30, 2015, 08:59:17 AM »
what a rough ridin' choke job. outstanding effort to get it to 2-1 after being down, but that was rough. one of the rare times after the game you just have to say "well we didn't deserve to win that at all" because of how clear it was your team was incapable of taking the game by itself.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8265 on: October 30, 2015, 10:47:26 AM »
They should have a rule that a goal is anything that crosses the line OR hits both the left and right posts without being touched.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #8266 on: October 30, 2015, 11:00:49 AM »
who even gives a crap

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8267 on: October 30, 2015, 11:11:01 AM »
okay so i never played soccer past like 4th grade but it seems silly to hit the post in a shootout.

like, the goal is huge. putting it 2 feet inside the post seems like it would be far enough away from the goalie. why did we hit the post twice? dumb.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8268 on: October 30, 2015, 11:20:16 AM »
okay so i never played soccer past like 4th grade but it seems silly to hit the post in a shootout.

like, the goal is huge. putting it 2 feet inside the post seems like it would be far enough away from the goalie. why did we hit the post twice? dumb.

prima donna show boaters is why

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8269 on: October 30, 2015, 11:42:08 AM »
Besler must have been 'sketti brained for lifting his PK.

Overall a huge disappointment.  SKC deserved to win that and should have.  They choked hard in the moments that mattered.  I found the ref to be the usual awful mls standard in pressure situations.  I would like to see a review process for hits to the head (especially if we're sticking with player safety mattering) and review it like targeting in football.  No excuse for the team leaving Kempin out to dry.  He gave them multiple chances to close out, really a brilliant performance on his end.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8270 on: October 30, 2015, 11:50:00 AM »
Kempin does look like a SITM (stud in the making)

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #8271 on: October 30, 2015, 12:13:30 PM »
This team won 3 trophies in the past 4 years on PK shootouts including one this year. I can forgive them for "choking" for once. Was unable to watch fwiw.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8272 on: October 30, 2015, 12:18:37 PM »
Soccer is woefully behind in its handling of head injuries. The worst part about that is there is a fairly high risk of head trauma in the sport. Football and hockey have much higher risks, but they've also done significantly more to try and combat the effects in recent years.

As we saw last night, the substitution policies of soccer are one of the biggest obstacles to progress. In almost any other sport, Melia could have been removed with little to no consequences other than simply losing him as a player. Just imagine if that had occurred after SKC had used all 3 subs. There's no chance in hell in comes out of that game in that scenario.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8273 on: October 30, 2015, 12:23:45 PM »
This team won 3 trophies in the past 4 years on PK shootouts including one this year. I can forgive them for "choking" for once. Was unable to watch fwiw.

I don't know that I'd really say they chocked either. Portland threw everything that had at them and it took two PKs hitting the post and goalies shooting PKs for Portland to win.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8274 on: October 30, 2015, 12:34:36 PM »

Because a good keeper is capable of making a save of even a well struck ball that they guess right on. Kempen's shot that was saved is a perfect example of that. He hit it with good pace but it wasn't far enough to his left to beat the keeper.