Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 657101 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
This component of MLS is mindnumbingly frustrating to me.

Injuries :dunno:

World Cup taking away best players is what he's referring to I think.

Yep. Sorry if I mis read earlier.  I often scan more than I should.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Meh, very much a rarity though. I'd think it's incredibly rare for a MLS team to lose two players to the world cup. I can live with losing the best players in the world for 6 matches every 4 years.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Meh, very much a rarity though. I'd think it's incredibly rare for a MLS team to lose two players to the world cup. I can live with losing the best players in the world for 6 matches every 4 years.

Exactly.  Its not that many games and it means you have stud players

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

Exactly.  Its not that many games and it means you have stud players

It isn't a big deal unless you have your other 4 center backs get hurt or called up to Kenya for 4 games.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Am I misremembering, or hasn't zusi missed multiple games the last two seasins before this season?  Beas too, to a lesser extent?

I get its a small amt, but hate losing some advantage at all. I get the stud player point and that this is the nature of the beast.  However,  can you imagine how much a chiefs fan would flip if Charles missed a game or two to play for another team in another league?

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Am I misremembering, or hasn't zusi missed multiple games the last two seasins before this season?  Beas too, to a lesser extent?

I get its a small amt, but hate losing some advantage at all. I get the stud player point and that this is the nature of the beast.  However,  can you imagine how much a chiefs fan would flip if Charles missed a game or two to play for another team in another league?

Football doesn't have the greatest sporting event in the world (World Cup.) That parallel can't be made. Yes, we lose them to WCQs now and then, but it's a long season. When healthy, we're one of the deepest teams (if not the deepest) in the league. We are just victims of extremely unfortunate circumstances right now.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
This is only an issue because MLS can't have winter scheduling like most other leagues. It's the way things are, and we have to deal with it. MLS takes a backseat during the World Cup anyway.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Football doesn't have the greatest sporting event in the world (World Cup.) That parallel can't be made. Yes, we lose them to WCQs now and then, but it's a long season. When healthy, we're one of the deepest teams (if not the deepest) in the league. We are just victims of extremely unfortunate circumstances right now.

When was the last time we had a WCQ not in a MLS window when there were no matches? I can't remember one.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

When was the last time we had a WCQ not in a MLS window when there were no matches? I can't remember one.

Idk. We definitely lose players to national team duty though. That's all I'm saying.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
it's not a big deal, we have 2 games the entire month of june. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Ellis recalled.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
EPB starting in a 352/532. :excited:

Online Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
We are absolutely going to win today.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
EPB suspended next game. We may need Uri next game. Otherwise, we could stick with what we have right now: Sinovic, Ellis, Myers, Juliao.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

:thumbs: Idk if this is the fullest it got. Definitely not Colorado level. :peek:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Quote from: Didier Drogba's instagram
Dear Fans, dear brothers, dear sisters, since day one of my arrival thanks to you all, i felt at home here in Turkey. Sharing, seeing, feeling the passion, sincerety and warm hospitality of My Turkish people is trully unforgetable. Being a human helping humanity and peace, i feel obliged to make clarity on the latest false news circulating around social media on donating into the TRAGEDY in SOMA. The tragedy that happended in SOMA hurt the hearth of all of us. Kindly note my support at my own capacity and thru my foundation is and will always continue. It is NOT in my nature to allow false statements, i always preffer to remain descrete when i do such duty. Like my Turkish brothers say. Soz gumus ise, sukut Altindir. If words are Silver , Silence is Gold. #staystrongturkey

Drogba confirmed on instagram he's leaving Galatasaray. Probably to Kansas City. :cool:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Liga MX final second leg starting right now on Unimas. Pachuca v Leon. Rooting for Pachuca because Rafa Marquez plays for Leon.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile

Rooting for Pachuca because Rafa Marquez plays for Leon.

omg this

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Leon scored. Now 3-3 on aggregate. No away goal rule.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
can't even rough ridin' beat chivas at home :facepalm:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
No Mauro Diaz means Dallas is garbage again. :whistle1:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

Goal Leon. 4-3 114'.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Goal Leon. 4-3 114'.

BOOOOOOOO

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Leon wins. :curse:

Online Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I was rooting for Leon because I like the name Leon. I know a nice Leon.