Author Topic: CCBT for 4/30/2010 (pike fires up the egg!)  (Read 39901 times)

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: CCBT (Clams Cooking Board Topic) for 3/30/2010 by steve dave
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2010, 10:46:46 PM »
Oh, hey.  Another thread about sandwich shops.

:flush:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2010, 11:10:19 PM »
college roomate worked there.  Would fill up about 100 stamp cards and trade them around manhattan for various services (beer, haircuts, etc.)

the one in mtc (manhattan town center, lmao n00bs) was so close to the counter that a person walking through after the mall/food court closed could've just easily reached over and spun as many as they wanted.

I still remember going and getting the "special," which was you, and DD, giving us whichever sandwich we wanted for the price of a Veggie.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2010, 11:21:43 PM »
college roomate worked there.  Would fill up about 100 stamp cards and trade them around manhattan for various services (beer, haircuts, etc.)

the one in mtc (manhattan town center, lmao n00bs) was so close to the counter that a person walking through after the mall/food court closed could've just easily reached over and spun as many as they wanted.

I still remember going and getting the "special," which was you, and DD, giving us whichever sandwich we wanted for the price of a Veggie.

wow. hopefully we gave you drinks and chips for free or something. if not then sorry. if i had it to do all over again...  :frown:

however....they did (hypothetically, along with everything mentioned above) keep track of bread and everything else. so there's no way that we could've really given away anything for free.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2010, 11:23:52 PM »

wow. hopefully we gave you drinks and chips for free or something. if not then sorry. if i had it to do all over again...  :frown:

however....they did (hypothetically, along with everything mentioned above) keep track of bread and everything else. so there's no way that we could've really given away anything for free.

Well, that was still a pretty good deal, IMO.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
CCBT for 3/31/2010 by steve dave (tenderloin again)
« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2010, 07:34:18 AM »
So, got four tenderloins the other day so I'm doing the other two tonight.  Have leftover salad as well so we're having that again too.   :zzz:  Tell me about these grilled vegetables and which ones are the best and how to prepare them (I'm assuming oil and salt :dunno: )

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
Re: CCBT for 3/31/2010 by steve dave (tenderloin again)
« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2010, 08:07:57 AM »
So, got four tenderloins the other day so I'm doing the other two tonight.  Have leftover salad as well so we're having that again too.   :zzz:  Tell me about these grilled vegetables and which ones are the best and how to prepare them (I'm assuming oil and salt :dunno: )
Plantains. 
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2010, 08:11:24 AM »

asparagus is really easy and pretty decent. a little bit of sea salt and a little bit of olive oil. hard to mess up.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2010, 08:13:15 AM »

asparagus is really easy and pretty decent. a little bit of sea salt and a little bit of olive oil. hard to mess up.

May go with this.  mrs. dave hates the stuff but I enjoy it.  may do some sort of potato with japs in tinfoil type of concoction too. 

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2010, 08:13:48 AM »
yellow squash, zucchini, onion, red bell pepper.  Like what you'd have on a kabob.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2010, 08:17:21 AM »
Pineapple.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2010, 08:18:08 AM »
yellow squash, zucchini, onion, red bell pepper.  Like what you'd have on a kabob.

My kabob is always 100% meat

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2010, 08:19:11 AM »

May go with this.  mrs. dave hates the stuff but I enjoy it.  may do some sort of potato with japs in tinfoil type of concoction too. 

potato and japs in tinfoil is good. also good is potato, butter, garlic, rosemary & thyme.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2010, 08:19:34 AM »
Thin sliced potato with olive oil and garlic is good grilled.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2010, 08:24:05 AM »
Whole onion.

Cut onion in half.  Pull out part of the center.  Insert large pat of butter.  Spices.  Worchestershire.  Reinsert center part.  Wrap each half in foil and put it somewhere indirect or in one of those hanging baskets when you start the grill, then take it off after you pull your steaks.  Great cut up and put on top of the steak, or on its own.  If you can find an elite onion (vadalia, etc) its better, but a typical white/yellow/red onion tastes pretty good as well.

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2010, 08:40:50 AM »

These are fantastic and don't really taste like asparagus.  I always brush them in oil and then add a few slices of butter on top.  I've never tried adding sea salt but that sounds great too.  Sliced squash, zucchini, and potatoes w. butter, salt and pepper wrapped in foil for about 40 mins is also fantastic.
aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: CCBT for 4/1/2010 (BWW Edition)
« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2010, 09:24:41 AM »
Mrs. dave has class tonight so I'm on my own.  Planning on meeting a friend at BWW.  On the menu:

Buffalo Wrap
sub/Hot for medium sub/wedges with a side of mild for chips&salsa

:drool:

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 01, 2010, 10:00:06 AM »
i love bww potato wedges.

Clams Thurday Menu (every Thursday) consists of-
4 scrambled eggs
half pound of bacon
Mr Dell's O'Brian shreded hash browns (with onions/peppers)
Thomas english muffin w/ butter
several large glasses of milk

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 01, 2010, 10:02:06 AM »

4 scrambled eggs
half pound of bacon
Mr Dell's O'Brian shreded hash browns (with onions/peppers)
Thomas english muffin w/ butter
several large glasses of milk

sub an elite coffee for the milk and you could pretty much call this meal "best meal ever".

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 01, 2010, 10:13:10 AM »
i don't drink coffee and also it's a dinner so if you do drink coffee it might be  :nono: when it's time for bed

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 01, 2010, 10:16:58 AM »
breakfast for dinner is so elite

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 01, 2010, 10:21:47 AM »
if i could do eggs over medium i would but i always screw them up so i defaulted to scrambled.  i love them too.

you guys should all join the 4 scrambled eggs half pound of bacon Mr Dell's O'Brian shreded hash browns (with onions/peppers) Thomas english muffin w/ butter several large glasses of milk  every Thursday club.

only downside?  shopping for bacon can be stressful.  very difficult to find an elite cut of bacon suitable for my thursday night needs.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 01, 2010, 10:22:51 AM »
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 01, 2010, 10:33:01 AM »
if i could do eggs over medium i would but i always screw them up so i defaulted to scrambled.  i love them too.

you guys should all join the 4 scrambled eggs half pound of bacon Mr Dell's O'Brian shreded hash browns (with onions/peppers) Thomas english muffin w/ butter several large glasses of milk  every Thursday club.

only downside?  shopping for bacon can be stressful.  very difficult to find an elite cut of bacon suitable for my thursday night needs.

the best bacon i've found is actually from aldis. weird, right? not lying though. it's pepper bacon. big, thick, good. also, if you're stressing about the eggs you could do the pete omelette in a bag thing. i love them. pretty impossible to mess up.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 01, 2010, 10:33:56 AM »

the best bacon i've found is actually from aldis. weird, right? not lying though. it's pepper bacon. big, thick, good. also, if you're stressing about the eggs you could do the pete omelette in a bag thing. i love them. pretty impossible to mess up.

I also love them until I read something online about cooking in plastic releasing all kinds of chemicals and junk into the food  :ohno:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 01, 2010, 10:36:10 AM »
aldi also has the best milk.  (opaque containers)