Author Topic: Aldrich gone. Our domination begins...  (Read 14307 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Aldrich gone. Our domination begins...
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2010, 03:49:51 PM »
Yeah, K-State didn't do anything during the course of the season.

LOL . . . the talking point back in the day of ku tards was how important it was to do well in the NCAA tourney and that winning the Big 8 didn't matter.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2010, 03:50:32 PM »
Self: Nobody improved at a more accelerated rate in my KU coaching career than Cole Aldrich.

LOL @ Bill trying to cover up his mistakes. :thumbsup:

Offline get_HIT

• Combo-Fan
  • "I just love the Jayhawk...It should be killed."
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2010, 03:52:06 PM »

LOL . . . the talking point back in the day of ku tards was how important it was to do well in the NCAA tourney and that winning the Big 8 didn't matter.

yes! :lol:
"He was in the group of about four or five troll K-State fans who were celebrating like they had just won a national title." -BMW on get_HIT

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2010, 03:52:19 PM »
I would rather go 33-3 and win the Big 12 than finish 2nd to K-State and lose in the Elite Eight.

I am pretty much the exact opposite. 

I would prefer the tourney run. 

But that is just because I don't need a sports team to feel like I am better than someone else I live near or interact with often.

Tourney run is more fun for the team, fans, and school imo.

I would prefer to enjoy an entire season vs. two weeks of a post-season tournament (only to get my heart ripped out in the Elite Eight).  I agree that the tournament is the most exciting event in all of athletics, but I don't think it should take away what a team accomplishes during the season.
I agree, the NCAA should start awarding trophies for finishing the regular season ranked #1.  Maybe a matching set to go along with the preseason #1 trophy as well.

The Big 12 awards trophies for winning the regular season and tournament titles.  When was the last time K-State won 30+ games in a season?

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2010, 03:54:29 PM »

I can't tell you how pissed I would be if KU lost the Big 12 to K-State by four games and got swept by K-State in three games.  But you guys go ahead and enjoy your Elite Eight loss.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2010, 03:54:40 PM »
I would rather go 33-3 and win the Big 12 than finish 2nd to K-State and lose in the Elite Eight.

But that is just because I don't need a sports team to feel like I am better than someone else I live near or interact with often.

I would prefer to enjoy an entire season vs. two weeks of a post-season tournament (only to get my heart ripped out in the Elite Eight).  I agree that the tournament is the most exciting event in all of athletics, but I don't think it should take away what a team accomplishes during the season.
I agree, the NCAA should start awarding trophies for finishing the regular season ranked #1.  Maybe a matching set to go along with the preseason #1 trophy as well.

The Big 12 awards trophies for winning the regular season and tournament titles.  When was the last time K-State won 30+ games in a season?
Why?  Is the NCAA giving out 30+ wins trophies now?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2010, 03:54:52 PM »

I would prefer to enjoy an entire season vs. two weeks of a post-season tournament (only to get my heart ripped out in the Elite Eight).  I agree that the tournament is the most exciting event in all of athletics, but I don't think it should take away what a team accomplishes during the season.

KSU played a top 3 S.O.S. and RPI.  I was able to enjoy watching them play a lot of good teams and win a lot of those match ups.  The Elite 8 was just a cherry on top.  

To act like we only played two weeks of enjoyable BB makes it sound like you don't know what you are talking about.  That can't be the case, can it? :dunno:

Offline catsdo

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2010, 03:55:48 PM »

I can't tell you how pissed I would be if KU lost the Big 12 to K-State by four games and got swept by K-State in three games.  But you guys go ahead and enjoy your Elite Eight loss.

I would be much angrier if K-State was ranked #1 in the nation and then lost in the 2nd round of the tournament.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2010, 03:57:05 PM »

I can't tell you how pissed I would be if KU lost the Big 12 to K-State by four games and got swept by K-State in three games.  But you guys go ahead and enjoy your Elite Eight loss.

Where did I say I was happy that K-State lost to ku.

Just admit it, the failure of ku in this years NCAA tourney is just killing you, thus the reason why you're lashing out all over this board today.

Any news on the Federal investigation of the ku athletic department to pass along??

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2010, 04:00:39 PM »
For the second year in a row KU proved they're not very good without those guys and the Big 12 refs. On a neutral court with neutral refs KSU proved they're the better team.

KU and K-State didn't play the same teams in the tournament.  When you guys went up against a mid-major that played excellent defense and hit free throws you got beat. 

33-3, Big 12 regular season title, Big 12 tournament title, sweep of K-State/Mizzou  >>>>>  29-8, Elite Eight, 1-4 vs. KU/Mizzou

Just sounding desparate now.  

Will they coincide Cole's escape today with a "beating KSU in the regular season" banner?

Could be the athletic highlight in Lawrence for the next year.

Just presenting the facts.  Speaking of banners, I heard a rumor that K-State was going to hang an Elite Eight banner.  Please tell me that's a joke.

I heard a rumor that ku fans would rather beat KSU in the regular season/conf tourney then later get embarassed in second round of the Big Dance while KSU goes to the Elite 8.  That's a joke, right?  That kind of had me going until I realized that is just Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  Good one.

If it's not the Final Four, it really doesn't make that much of a difference.  I'd personally rather go 33-3 and win the Big 12 than get swept by K-State and lose in the Elite Eight. 

Than you have the lowest BBIQ than anyone on this board.  You still have a chance to back out of this moronic position, but the door is closing.

Offline VGibsonLives

• Fan
  • Old School Purple Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2010, 04:14:23 PM »
It's killing the UK's that the cats are the nation's darling. That and Uncle Fester absconded with over 4 mill.
"I deleted all of my threads.  You guys don't deserve them."   BMW

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2010, 04:33:59 PM »

Yeah, you guys did really well in pool play this year.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2010, 04:36:50 PM »
I'd personally rather go 33-3 and win the Big 12 than get swept by K-State and lose in the Elite Eight. 

After reading through all the positive and optimistic posts on Phog.net the last week I totally believe you.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2010, 04:41:41 PM »

wut

:confused:

Was the Big 12 tournament a tournament, or was it a tournament?

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2010, 04:47:22 PM »

wut

Was the Big 12 tournament a tournament, or was it a tournament?

Pool Play Champions.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2010, 04:47:54 PM »
Glad to see you back Ben.  I understand why you left.  Dealing with the loss to NI as the #1 team with the easiest road to the championship, must be hard.  Also, like how you reappear after the Katz go out.  Anyway, welcome back.  :cheers:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2010, 04:49:46 PM »
Poor ku fans.  I think this embarassment is worse than last football season.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2010, 04:51:02 PM »
Glad to see you back Ben.  I understand why you left.  Dealing with the loss to NI as the #1 team with the easiest road to the championship, must be hard.  Also, like how you reappear after the Katz go out.  Anyway, welcome back.  :cheers:

I left?  When?  Did you miss me for a day or two when I went down to OKC for the tournament?

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2010, 04:51:19 PM »
How much of a part do you think the "YOUR DAD DOESN'T HAVE A JOB!" heckles helped this decision along? 

In my fit of rage after the home game against KU this season, I yelled, "GET A JOB, ALDRICH!" from the second row of the student section right at Father Aldrich with his trucker hat on. There weren't a ton of people left in the building and he definitely looked at me. Pretty weird situation, honestly.

Also, good luck in your future endeavors, Cole. I'll always remember you for this, you white trash bumpkin:

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2010, 05:48:12 PM »

I left?  When?  Did you miss me for a day or two when I went down to OKC for the tournament?

Must have been.  I just thought it was weird that you weren't hanging around our team's message board for a day or so, that's all.  Don't get all defensive.   :cheers:

Offline pc5k

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2010, 06:10:01 PM »

Next season might be a rough one for you BMWJ! KU won't go 33-3 and KSU is gonna finish ahead in the conference, better prepare yourself!

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2010, 06:16:43 PM »

Next season might be a rough one for you BMWJ! KU won't go 33-3 and KSU is gonna finish ahead in the conference, better prepare yourself!

I realize KU most likely won't go 33-3 next season, but as for K-State winning the Big 12, I'll believe it when I see it. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2010, 06:32:31 PM »

I realize KU most likely won't go 33-3 next season, but as for K-State winning the Big 12, I'll believe it when I see it. 

So will I.   

Wow, K-State making the Elite 8 and ku failing miserably in the NCAA tourney this year has really gotten to you Ben.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2010, 09:38:41 PM »

Meh, don't really care about regular season title.  The tourney is what college teams are playing for.

Offline iCat Pro

• Fan
  • some say... he only eats pickled vegetables
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2010, 07:17:17 AM »
Come on Ben- basketball is over.  Please do us all a favor and go watch some Turner Gill football practices then report back with which guys in nameless jerseys look least untalented.  Would also love to know which hymns the team sings during warm-ups.  TIA.
 :users: