Author Topic: Aldrich gone. Our domination begins...  (Read 14309 times)

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Re: Aldrich gone. Our domination begins...
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2010, 01:36:28 PM »
Cole's dad probably did a huge fist pump this morning, right after he beat his wife.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2010, 01:53:44 PM »
No way Xavier stays after seeing Cole leaving. It will be great to have the talent advantage next season over the Hawks. :cool:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2010, 01:55:16 PM »
For the second year in a row KU proved they're not very good without those guys and the Big 12 refs. On a neutral court with neutral refs KSU proved they're the better team.

KU and K-State didn't play the same teams in the tournament.  When you guys went up against a mid-major that played excellent defense and hit free throws you got beat. 

33-3, Big 12 regular season title, Big 12 tournament title, sweep of K-State/Mizzou  >>>>>  29-8, Elite Eight, 1-4 vs. KU/Mizzou

Just sounding desparate now.  

Will they coincide Cole's escape today with a "beating KSU in the regular season" banner?

Could be the athletic highlight in Lawrence for the next year.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2010, 01:56:22 PM »
greggdoyelcbs    My man Parrish says Cole Aldrich to NBA Draft. Any team looking for a roll of Charmin? http://bit.ly/cMelSv

:surprised:

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2010, 01:56:54 PM »
For the second year in a row KU proved they're not very good without those guys and the Big 12 refs. On a neutral court with neutral refs KSU proved they're the better team.

KU and K-State didn't play the same teams in the tournament.  When you guys went up against a mid-major that played excellent defense and hit free throws you got beat.  

33-3, Big 12 regular season title, Big 12 tournament title, sweep of K-State/Mizzou  >>>>>  29-8, Elite Eight, 1-4 vs. KU/Mizzou

Will they coincide Cole's escape today with a "beating KSU in the regular season" banner?

I wonder when the "First Weekend Participant" commemorative DVD will come out?

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2010, 02:03:56 PM »

KU and K-State didn't play the same teams in the tournament.  When you guys went up against a mid-major that played excellent defense and hit free throws you got beat. 

33-3, Big 12 regular season title, Big 12 tournament title, sweep of K-State/Mizzou  >>>>>  29-8, Elite Eight, 1-4 vs. KU/Mizzou

Just presenting the facts.  Speaking of banners, I heard a rumor that K-State was going to hang an Elite Eight banner.  Please tell me that's a joke.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2010, 02:12:42 PM »

KU and K-State didn't play the same teams in the tournament.  When you guys went up against a mid-major that played excellent defense and hit free throws you got beat.  

33-3, Big 12 regular season title, Big 12 tournament title, sweep of K-State/Mizzou  >>>>>  29-8, Elite Eight, 1-4 vs. KU/Mizzou

Just presenting the facts.  Speaking of banners, I heard a rumor that K-State was going to hang an Elite Eight banner.  Please tell me that's a joke.

We have tons of elite eights and no banners for any of them.  In fact, while most ku fans are ignorant to it, we have no banners at all.  KU fans took a MU talking point and blindly transfered it to KSU making themselves look even more Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)  :gocho:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2010, 02:14:26 PM »

Just presenting the facts.  Speaking of banners, I heard a rumor that K-State was going to hang an Elite Eight banner.  Please tell me that's a joke.

I heard a rumor that ku fans would rather beat KSU in the regular season/conf tourney then later get embarassed in second round of the Big Dance while KSU goes to the Elite 8.  That's a joke, right?  That kind of had me going until I realized that is just Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  Good one.

Offline FHSU92

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2010, 02:22:36 PM »
I remember when K-State was going to dominate after Rush, Chalmers, Arthur, Kaun, Jackson, etc. all left.  How'd that work out for you guys?

The Elite 8 so far.

What's your record against KU since those guys left?  How many times have you finished ahead of KU in the Big 12 standings since those guys left? 

Aren't Rush, Chalm, Arthur et al. not going be there next year?  So, it's taken the 2* and 3* FR/Sophs (at that time) some time to improve.  NOTHING indicates uofk will be the same next yr (pre-season #1).  Next yr will, also, be the first time in yrs that KSU will be ranked ahead of uofk preseason.  Tide is changing...

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2010, 02:24:56 PM »

I heard a rumor that ku fans would rather beat KSU in the regular season/conf tourney then later get embarassed in second round of the Big Dance while KSU goes to the Elite 8.  That's a joke, right?  That kind of had me going until I realized that is just Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  Good one.

If it's not the Final Four, it really doesn't make that much of a difference.  I'd personally rather go 33-3 and win the Big 12 than get swept by K-State and lose in the Elite Eight. 

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2010, 02:28:06 PM »

If it's not the Final Four, it really doesn't make that much of a difference.  I'd personally rather go 33-3 and win the Big 12 than get swept by K-State and lose in the Elite Eight. 

i'm loving this new talking point that sprouted up about 6 o clock Saturday Night. Love it.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2010, 02:47:44 PM »
 No doubt with the Feds investigating ku athletics, and with the NCAA soon to be dropping the hammer on ku as well (again) . . . that's what lead to Cole deciding to leave.

Mark my word, I have it on good authority the the NCAA will be dropping the hammer on ku . . . Wabash Station said they would be.

The42Yardstick

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2010, 02:49:01 PM »

Goodbye, old friend.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2010, 02:59:54 PM »
No doubt with the Feds investigating ku athletics, and with the NCAA soon to be dropping the hammer on ku as well (again) . . . that's what lead to Cole deciding to leave.

Mark my word, I have it on good authority the the NCAA will be dropping the hammer on ku . . . Wabash Station said they would be.

what will the hammer be about this time.  They have doged the Duh'rel Arthur thing  pretty well so far.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2010, 03:31:09 PM »

i'm loving this new talking point that sprouted up about 6 o clock Saturday Night. Love it.

It's just the way it is.  If K-State had beaten Butler and gone to the Final Four it might be different.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2010, 03:36:59 PM »

It's just the way it is.  If K-State had beaten Butler and gone to the Final Four it might be different.

Not fooling anyone.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2010, 03:38:26 PM »
Remember when Ben was always talking about K-State's athletic department being in "shambles"??

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2010, 03:38:35 PM »
Is anyone else listening to Cole cry during his announcement?

:lol:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2010, 03:38:42 PM »

Only slightly different... "If it's not the Championship Game, it doesn't make that much of a difference."
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2010, 03:39:33 PM »
KU has been to three Elite Eights in the last seven years and three Final Fours in the last nine.  I would rather go 33-3 and win the Big 12 than finish 2nd to K-State and lose in the Elite Eight.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2010, 03:41:20 PM »
How's the FBI investigation going Ben??

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2010, 03:42:31 PM »
I would rather go 33-3 and win the Big 12 than finish 2nd to K-State and lose in the Elite Eight.

I am pretty much the exact opposite.  

I would prefer the tourney run.  

But that is just because I don't need a sports team to feel like I am better than someone else I live near or interact with often.

Tourney run is more fun for the team, fans, and school imo.

Offline catsdo

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2010, 03:44:06 PM »
Definitely prefer the Elite 8 to going out in the 2nd round.  Another conference title would be nice though. 

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2010, 03:47:42 PM »
I would rather go 33-3 and win the Big 12 than finish 2nd to K-State and lose in the Elite Eight.

But that is just because I don't need a sports team to feel like I am better than someone else I live near or interact with often.

I would prefer to enjoy an entire season vs. two weeks of a post-season tournament (only to get my heart ripped out in the Elite Eight).  I agree that the tournament is the most exciting event in all of athletics, but I don't think it should take away what a team accomplishes during the season.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2010, 03:49:40 PM »

I would prefer to enjoy an entire season vs. two weeks of a post-season tournament (only to get my heart ripped out in the Elite Eight).  I agree that the tournament is the most exciting event in all of athletics, but I don't think it should take away what a team accomplishes during the season.
I agree, the NCAA should start awarding trophies for finishing the regular season ranked #1.  Maybe a matching set to go along with the preseason #1 trophy as well.