Author Topic: 2014-2015  (Read 6541 times)

Offline ksufan44

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: 2014-2015
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2014, 02:50:42 PM »
We have 6 players (Gip, Hurt, DJamer, Bolden, Nino, recruit) for 2 spots in our frontcourt next year. We have six players (Jevon, Nigel, Foster, Harris, Wes, Edwards) for 3 spots in our backcourt, and I think Harris will probably redshirt. So, why do people want to move Wes to the 4????

Maybe point forward that some have alluded to earlier. Shane 2.0? I don't think it would be as much of moving him to the 4, but maybe oscar would want some lineup that has Nigel/Jevon and Edwards and Foster on the court at the same time.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2014, 02:56:28 PM »
We have 6 players (Gip, Hurt, DJamer, Bolden, Nino, recruit) for 2 spots in our frontcourt next year. We have six players (Jevon, Nigel, Foster, Harris, Wes, Edwards) for 3 spots in our backcourt, and I think Harris will probably redshirt. So, why do people want to move Wes to the 4????

Maybe point forward that some have alluded to earlier. Shane 2.0? I don't think it would be as much of moving him to the 4, but maybe oscar would want some lineup that has Nigel/Jevon and Edwards and Foster on the court at the same time.

It's possible that it could be used in certain situations, but I don't think it will be a lineup you see very often at all. There's a reason that oscar is still recruiting another power forward.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline ksufan44

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2014, 03:13:36 PM »

It's possible that it could be used in certain situations, but I don't think it will be a lineup you see very often at all. There's a reason that oscar is still recruiting another power forward.

I'll buy that. My take is that if I can recall correctly, oscar has had very few lineups this year that didn't include Jevon/NuWill/Nigel at the point. Unless Edwards or Foster takes over some of those minutes from Will leaving at the point, you're almost forced to have Edwards and Foster at the 2 and 3 when they're in together.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2014, 03:22:03 PM »
Putting Shane at the 4 was probably oscar's best coaching move since he's been here and it would be a shame if he didn't try to do the same with Westicles.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2014, 06:34:41 PM »
We should be very good next year.  I'm thinking 4 seed or better type good. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2014, 09:07:17 PM »

Putting Shane at the 4 was probably oscar's best coaching move since he's been here and it would be a shame if he didn't try to do the same with Westicles.

Absolutely.  Do NOT want Wes working on his outside shot.  He is going to be a nightmare as a rebounder/put back/junk baller.  He already has an insane FTr for the position he plays and he could be an enormous asset going forward.  The last thing we need is for him to turn in to a jump shooter.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2014, 09:30:06 PM »
We're going to win the Big 12 at least once with Foster.  Mark it down.

If that happens, not only will oscar retire here, but something will be named after him.

like a rodeo arena?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2014, 09:39:22 PM »

If that happens, not only will oscar retire here, but something will be named after him.

like a rodeo arena?

:)

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2014, 09:40:03 PM »

like a rodeo arena?
:lol:

:lol:
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2014, 11:18:13 PM »
Edwards played some point out of necessity but I'd call it more bringing the ball up more than playing point guard. Not only don't I think he can or will do that at this level (he was a turnover machine in the America East) but I think having him bring the ball up doesn't give him the best opportunity to take advantage of his strengths.

Also for those wondering and I'm sure most of you were, the Maine Black Bears were absolutely dreadful this year. We, yes we, lost our 3 best players from last year's team, including a dude who left early to play pro in Germany. We won only 6 damn games all season, swept those heathens at New Hampshire though so that's good. Gonna get killed by Stony Brook in the first round of the America East tournament tomorrow.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2014, 11:22:32 PM »

Absolutely.  Do NOT want Wes working on his outside shot.  He is going to be a nightmare as a rebounder/put back/junk baller.  He already has an insane FTr for the position he plays and he could be an enormous asset going forward.  The last thing we need is for him to turn in to a jump shooter.

IMO, he is easily the most talented player on our team.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2014, 11:24:32 PM »
I want Westicles to both play at the 4 and work at his outside shot.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2014, 01:34:38 AM »
Westicles is awfully slender to be defending the post at 6' 7". Maybe oscar will surprise me, but I bet Westicles continues to play the wing. Unless Edwards is a lot better than I think he is, then picking up Foster and Westicles's minutes when they need a rest will be just about right for him.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2014, 07:05:58 AM »
Westicles is awfully slender to be defending the post at 6' 7". Maybe oscar will surprise me, but I bet Westicles continues to play the wing. Unless Edwards is a lot better than I think he is, then picking up Foster and Westicles's minutes when they need a rest will be just about right for him.

he's no more slender than Jamar. 

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2014, 08:20:27 AM »
Wesley thatonedude is going to come back from the summer with 20 lbs of muscle and having grown another  inch. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2014, 08:30:28 AM »
Absolutely should play the 4

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2014, 10:17:45 AM »
Wesley thatonedude is going to come back from the summer with 20 lbs of muscle and having grown another  inch.
:love:
The next Durant. I'm telling you now.

Edit: Sorry if luk'd but I love the way Wes and Marcus find each other for alley-oop jams. I predict that this will = multiple fistpump moments in 14-15
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 10:22:05 AM by Sandstone Outcropping »