Author Topic: Winning ugly  (Read 10110 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Winning ugly
« on: November 16, 2013, 07:43:33 PM »
1. The quarterback carousel went a bit off the rails today. I realize TCU came in with one of the best rush defenses in the league, but overly relying on your thrower when the wind was a mess didn't make sense. Waters struggled with accuracy in the wind much of the day and Sams was effective running, but Snyder kept going back to the Waters well. The 3 Waters' throws from the 5 yard line was probably the most baffling. Down the stretch they seemed to figure it out a bit, and even though it didn't result in TDs, the Waters/Sams combo got in position for the FGs and the win.

2. Defense really struggled once TZ went out, but part of that was due to pressure put on them by the ineffective offense. Still, we're not the same without him. Probably still enough in place to be in position to win our final two games if he can't go, but some changes in the secondary need to be made.

3. TCU should be embarrassed to be 4-7. I know they've had injuries, but they have a huge offensive line, gigantic/athletic receivers, and Pachall looked really good today. Their use of Pachall and Boykin on the field together was very effective. After struggling coming back from the Pachall injury, I believe we got TCU's best shot today and were fortunate to win.

4. Thank goodness for Lockett and Thompson.  :love:

5. Trujillo.  :frown:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Winning ugly
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 07:45:35 PM »
Pachall has been out most of the season, tho

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 07:46:55 PM »
Pachall has been out most of the season, tho

Yeah, he's played the last few games, played decent against WVU (how did TCU lose to them?!?!). Today he looked like a stud, the guy is huge and has a really strong arm. I was very impressed.

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 07:47:06 PM »
Trujillo was 0-4. Including water's interception.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 07:47:32 PM »
Peggy Po: Kicking game.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 07:48:35 PM »

Little Cantele!

Guys, I've watched Cat games continuously since 1992 and I have no recollection of a last minute game winning FG. Am I missing one?

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 07:48:45 PM »
k_f, your thoughts about Snyder trotting Waters out inside the 10-yard line? Made little sense to me. Play them both if you must, but Sams has to be in the game inside our 10 and the opponent's 10, IMO.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2013, 07:50:20 PM »
Waters played awful an looked like a loser. Even the two passes where TCU players blew their coverage were poorly thrown.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2013, 07:51:07 PM »
I kinda thought we were dog crap against the read option and QB run game and all the stretch runs. B- source.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2013, 07:52:19 PM »

Anyone else blaming that int on Trujillo? Eastcat has blamed literally every single Waters int on someone else

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2013, 07:52:39 PM »
Waters played awful an looked like a loser. Even the two passes where TCU players blew their coverage were poorly thrown.

They weren't great throws, but I'll give him a bit of a break throwing with 20-30 MPH winds. The wind didn't die until the 4th.

He didn't have his best throwing day, but its fair to say he (and Sams) were hurt by some big drops too.

k_f, your thoughts about Snyder trotting Waters out inside the 10-yard line? Made little sense to me. Play them both if you must, but Sams has to be in the game inside our 10 and the opponent's 10, IMO.

Absolutely should have been Sams. Heck, on the last drive when we decided to run QB lead on 2nd down I don't know why Sams wasn't in.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2013, 07:53:12 PM »
Loser

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2013, 07:53:37 PM »

Anyone else blaming that int on Trujillo? Eastcat has blamed literally every single Waters int on someone else

only an idiot would do that.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2013, 07:56:14 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2013, 07:56:42 PM »
LOL at Matt Walters saying that taking their time and getting the field goal at the end of the first half was "the right thing"

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2013, 07:59:41 PM »

Little Cantele!

Guys, I've watched Cat games continuously since 1992 and I have no recollection of a last minute game winning FG. Am I missing one?

Anthony kicked one with about 3 minutes left vs Baylor two years ago. Similar but very different. Anthony also had a couple of do or die kicks vs A&M in the 4 OT game.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2013, 08:04:41 PM »

Little Cantele!

Anthony kicked one with about 3 minutes left vs Baylor two years ago. Similar but very different. Anthony also had a couple of do or die kicks vs A&M in the 4 OT game.

Yeah, those are good examples, but still not last second game winners from a tie or from 1-2 points behind. I don't think its ever happened before under Snyder.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2013, 08:07:43 PM »
Most exciting finish to a home game ever? The 4OT A&M game was pretty fun but the winning drive on that one had a feel of inevitability to it. Today I went back and forth between confident win and abject losery terror seemingly the entire 2nd half. 

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2013, 08:09:32 PM »
Most exciting finish to a home game ever? The 4OT A&M game was pretty fun but the winning drive on that one had a feel of inevitability to it. Today I went back and forth between confident win and abject losery terror seemingly the entire 2nd half.
smh

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2013, 08:09:47 PM »

Little Cantele!

how about a 2 minute drill for a comeback win???

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2013, 08:10:04 PM »
06 texas we nailed a FG late but it was with a lead.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2013, 08:11:55 PM »
06 texas we nailed a FG late but it was with a lead.

We hit a FG to go up 10 with 3 minutes left. Texas came down and scored to cut it to 3.

Little Cantele!

how about a 2 minute drill for a comeback win???

Yeah, several of those, I just can't remember a FG to win it.

catzacker

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2013, 08:14:23 PM »
1. The quarterback carousel went a bit off the rails today. I realize TCU came in with one of the best rush defenses in the league, but overly relying on your thrower when the wind was a mess didn't make sense. Waters struggled with accuracy in the wind much of the day and Sams was effective running, but Snyder kept going back to the Waters well. The 3 Waters' throws from the 5 yard line was probably the most baffling. Down the stretch they seemed to figure it out a bit, and even though it didn't result in TDs, the Waters/Sams combo got in position for the FGs and the win.

feels a bit more comfortable every game. Sams' fumble and missing TT were atrocious.  Waters' INT and some of his throws were as well. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2013, 08:14:33 PM »
Oh man, that motion penalty and how they we saying we almost were pushing ourselves out of range.  Really foul mouth stuff at my house back then.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2013, 08:15:36 PM »

feels a bit more comfortable every game.

Yeah, today was tougher, but mainly not because the coaches decided to play both, but it seemed like they didn't have a good feel for when to play one or the other.