Author Topic: Winning ugly  (Read 10111 times)

catzacker

Re: Winning ugly
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2013, 08:16:51 PM »
it was basically the North Dakota State game except we had more time.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2013, 08:18:30 PM »

i was going to be really mean to tom
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

catzacker

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2013, 08:20:16 PM »

I don't like that we bring pressure and play soft coverage.  seems a bit counter productive.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2013, 08:22:40 PM »
1. The quarterback carousel went a bit off the rails today. I realize TCU came in with one of the best rush defenses in the league, but overly relying on your thrower when the wind was a mess didn't make sense. Waters struggled with accuracy in the wind much of the day and Sams was effective running, but Snyder kept going back to the Waters well. The 3 Waters' throws from the 5 yard line was probably the most baffling. Down the stretch they seemed to figure it out a bit, and even though it didn't result in TDs, the Waters/Sams combo got in position for the FGs and the win.

feels a bit more comfortable every game. Sams' fumble and missing TT were atrocious.  Waters' INT and some of his throws were as well. 

That was a 45 yd toss off of TT's hands. I wouldn't call that atrocious.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2013, 08:23:06 PM »

I don't like that we bring pressure and play soft coverage.  seems a bit counter productive.

We don't have enough talented guys to play tight man, but we have to take chances with pressure. It actually works better than I'd expect; I mean Evans sack was huge today.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2013, 08:24:12 PM »
1. The quarterback carousel went a bit off the rails today. I realize TCU came in with one of the best rush defenses in the league, but overly relying on your thrower when the wind was a mess didn't make sense. Waters struggled with accuracy in the wind much of the day and Sams was effective running, but Snyder kept going back to the Waters well. The 3 Waters' throws from the 5 yard line was probably the most baffling. Down the stretch they seemed to figure it out a bit, and even though it didn't result in TDs, the Waters/Sams combo got in position for the FGs and the win.

feels a bit more comfortable every game. Sams' fumble and missing TT were atrocious.  Waters' INT and some of his throws were as well. 

Maybe not atrocious, but he was VERY open on that play. Not quite as open as Lockett/Thompson were on Waters' throws, but he had his man beat by 4-5 yards.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2013, 08:26:25 PM »

Maybe not atrocious, but he was VERY open on that play. Not quite as open as Lockett/Thompson were on Waters' throws, but he had his man beat by 4-5 yards.

No one would fault Waters if he missed that pass.

catzacker

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2013, 08:26:28 PM »

We don't have enough talented guys to play tight man, but we have to take chances with pressure. It actually works better than I'd expect; I mean Evans sack was huge today.

yeah, it's just that we could probably get more INT's if we played a touch tighter.  Yes, It has worked though we tend to take the stance that the other team will F up on 3rd down before we will give up a TD. 

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2013, 08:26:40 PM »

TT had to go superman just to touch it, should have been an easy score with the seperation IMO. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2013, 08:27:01 PM »
It's just Sams gets one opportunity to go deep every four games or so.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2013, 08:27:14 PM »

TT also slowed down slightly, then had to rush to fingertip the ball.  probably something weird with the wind again.  the throw doesn't even come close to atrocious tho.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2013, 08:27:32 PM »

heh.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2013, 08:28:10 PM »

I would have, you don't get guys that open often.

Waters had too many bad throws to recall all of them, none were sure TDs though. The bounce pass to Sexton to start the late drive was really bad for example.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2013, 08:29:09 PM »

Waters had too many bad throws to recall all of them, none were sure TDs though. The bounce pass to Sexton to start the late drive was really bad for example.

airmailed lockett several times

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2013, 08:30:16 PM »
TT also slowed down slightly, then had to rush to fingertip the ball.  probably something weird with the wind again.  the throw doesn't even come close to atrocious tho.

Honestly, I immediately thought of the wind after he threw it, another reason I wouldn't go so far to call it atrocious. His overthrow of Lockett last week was a worse miss on a deep ball.

catzacker

« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2013, 08:30:33 PM »

I would.  Waters made some crap throws too.  He really should have had 2 picks today.  Sams had some nice throws but I simply can't overlook him (or Waters) rough ridin' up.  They do nice things, and bad things.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2013, 08:31:38 PM »

airmailed lockett several times

Yeah, he has a problem with overthrowing routes toward the sideline on 10-15 yard routes, he has at least 1-2 per game. And I need to rewatch the INT, but my impression was that it was a terrible decision and a forced throw.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2013, 08:32:35 PM »
waters was very lucky not to have 3 INT's in this game.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2013, 08:32:41 PM »
At least two picks. The entire first half he was throwing through hands and into double coverage.  The crap he was throwing, it was just a matter of time.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2013, 08:34:16 PM »
Most exciting finish to a home game ever? The 4OT A&M game was pretty fun but the winning drive on that one had a feel of inevitability to it. Today I went back and forth between confident win and abject losery terror seemingly the entire 2nd half.
smh

whatevs.  beasley to morgan in the snow, jeffy kelly's fumble return, a&m, rb3 game, all great. last second fgs are pretty darn fun tho.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2013, 08:34:57 PM »
At least two picks. The entire first half he was throwing through hands and into double coverage.  The crap he was throwing, it was just a matter of time.

that bullet to klein for the first down like went through a linebackers hands in some kind of weird matrix action. 

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2013, 08:37:06 PM »
I am 80% certain that Waters has a shoulder injury.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2013, 08:40:09 PM »
I really think the coaches think an offense can't be successful without passes of 30+ yards completed.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2013, 08:40:37 PM »
I am 80% certain that Waters has a shoulder injury.

Side arm throws.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2013, 08:41:34 PM »
I really think the coaches think an offense can't be successful without passes of 30+ yards completed.

IMO Bill has gotten much better at this.  Bish/Beas/Roberson NEVER got to dink and dunk.