Author Topic: Baylor  (Read 5639 times)

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
Baylor
« on: November 09, 2013, 09:20:06 AM »
If baylor wins the big xii I will be super sad. It will be like when osu won but way worse. I don't care if that makes me a bad person. Ksu ou or ut (or ku) for me. Keep the never-Beens never-Beens.   :party:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
Re: Baylor
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 12:59:30 PM »
There are only two never beens that need to stay that way.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 01:13:20 PM »
Petty thread, jmlynch. Just really petty stuff.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 01:15:04 PM »
agree with OP 100 percent.  baylor can get mumped.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 07:47:07 PM »
Petty thread, jmlynch. Just really petty stuff.

Tom.... Petty

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 07:48:39 PM »
I really don't care.  If it isn't the cats, I would prefer it to be Texas, but don't really care

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2013, 07:48:46 PM »
Yeah lets just root for a 1 or 2 loss team to win the league again and not play for the 'ship and be huge dumbasses.

Baylor winning the league and playing for the 'ship would be great for the Big XII

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2013, 07:51:31 PM »
While great for the conference, watching Baylor play for the MNC would drive me insane with jealousy.

Offline yoEMAW

• The Engineer
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2013, 07:52:22 PM »
I'm afraid we were the only team in the league with enough horsepower to slow down the bears, mr. Lynch. And that ship has sailed.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2013, 07:52:41 PM »
Yeah lets just root for a 1 or 2 loss team to win the league again and not play for the 'ship and be huge dumbasses.

Baylor winning the league and playing for the 'ship would be great for the Big XII

Good post For3.

Offline Demo158

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2013, 08:22:30 PM »

Good post For3.
I gotta agree with these guys. I hate Baylor for what they did to us last year but I would enjoy a Big XII team in the Natty. Plus it'd be a great setup for Big XII dominance next year when we go shippin'!!  :D

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2013, 08:40:12 PM »

are we talking perception here? Lets say osu beats isu a couple of years ago and plays in the national championship. Two years removed today, how is the big xii different? I'm not saying youre wrong just trying to gauge how important having a team in the mnc is besides bowl payout.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2013, 08:49:49 PM »

are we talking perception here? Lets say osu beats isu a couple of years ago and plays in the national championship. Two years removed today, how is the big xii different? I'm not saying youre wrong just trying to gauge how important having a team in the mnc is besides bowl payout.

IF they beat 'bama it makes a huge difference in perception.

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2013, 08:50:36 PM »
Wouldn't have played bama tho right?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2013, 08:51:12 PM »
Wouldn't have played bama tho right?

No, it would have been LSU and I think they would have won.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2013, 08:53:04 PM »

Its like some of you don't understand the C in TSC. You want your conference bros to do well against other confys and on big stages. It validates your success even more. The SEC has built a rep based on the way their best teams win in bowls and big non-con games. I want the Big XII to do the same.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2013, 08:55:54 PM »
agreed, eff baylor.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2013, 08:55:57 PM »
I don't know about you folks but u want Baylor to donkey punch whomever it plays in the ship

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2013, 08:58:30 PM »

It would change the perception if Baylor were to play Bama close or win the game. If they would get blown out, then it would strengthen the media's entrenched perception of college football.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Demo158

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2013, 09:27:23 PM »

Its like some of you don't understand the C in TSC. You want your conference bros to do well against other confys and on big stages. It validates your success even more. The SEC has built a rep based on the way their best teams win in bowls and big non-con games. I want the Big XII to do the same.
This

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2013, 09:28:28 PM »

i will root for all big 12 teams in non-con and bowls. The question is how impactful an nc appearance is. How long will kstate fans get to bask in the glow of an mnc runner up baylor team? Probably would be good to have teams start tanking for baylor. For conference health and all.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2013, 11:23:45 PM »
I'd be ok with Baylor losing to UT for the sake of saving Mack's job. Otherwise, we should be TSC'ing hard for those losers (even though their dorkstore fanbase absolutely does not deserve the team they have).

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2013, 11:25:38 PM »
Baylor winning a NC does nothing but harm ksu U.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2013, 11:28:36 PM »
I'd be ok with Baylor losing to UT for the sake of saving Mack's job.

I was cheering for UT tonight for this reason and nobody in the bar was smart enough to do the same.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2013, 11:29:51 PM »
I'd be ok with Baylor losing to UT for the sake of saving Mack's job.

I was cheering for UT tonight for this reason and nobody in the bar was smart enough to do the same.

:thumbs: