Author Topic: Marcus Foster  (Read 263631 times)

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Marcus Foster
« Reply #1575 on: March 26, 2015, 04:18:17 PM »
If Beasley got through without being dismissed, you should be able to get through without being dismissed.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: March 26, 2015, 04:20:38 PM »
1) A third strike can reviewed and removed
2) Why test for a third strike, unless you are ok with the strike. 
3) Players have a pretty good idea when they are going to get tested, they can get their systems flushed out.

i'm not entirely sure on the process, and may be missing something important, but i can only think of three possibilities.

post big 12 tourney mandatory test.  foster is a complete dumbass or didn't give a eff.
postseason surprise test, weber complicit.  weber wanted foster out, chose the most passive means possible.
postseason surprise test, weber not complicit.  currie's a weirdo, maybe hates kstate, maybe hates weber?

"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: March 26, 2015, 04:21:04 PM »
Where are Bob Huggins and Cartier Martin when you need 'em

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: March 26, 2015, 04:22:16 PM »
3) Players have a pretty good idea when they are going to get tested, they can get their systems flushed out.

i'm not entirely sure on the process, and may be missing something important, but i can only think of three possibilities.

post big 12 tourney mandatory test.  foster is a complete dumbass or didn't give a eff.
postseason surprise test, weber complicit.  weber wanted foster out, chose the most passive means possible.
postseason surprise test, weber not complicit.  currie's a weirdo, maybe hates kstate, maybe hates weber?

Did you have a good spring break, Marcus? Step into my office. Have a glass or two of water.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: March 26, 2015, 04:30:14 PM »

Hmmm...lots of drug tests are random-selected subjects only.  Could be that Foster came up on the wrong side of random.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: March 26, 2015, 04:40:56 PM »

Hmmm...lots of drug tests are random-selected subjects only.  Could be that Foster came up on the wrong side of random.
If random is code for secretly manipulated, yes.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: March 26, 2015, 05:08:49 PM »
some people choose to help addicts, others turn their backs and kick the victims to the curb. 

cinnamon rolls for thought as to the leaders of young men at our university

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: March 26, 2015, 05:43:39 PM »
What's the rationale for weed being prohibited in athletics, on top of whatever laws apply to the general public?  Competitive balance issue?

Dumbassery.  I mean, it's illegal for them to drink until they are practically out of school based on age, but we don't test for that nationally.

They technically do and alcohol is on the NCAA banned list (can't remember if it's only until 21 or just completely banned). It's absolutely not a big deal though because of how short alcohol is in the body. For the testing (assuming that D1 is the same as smaller schools at this point), the student athlete is told the day before their test, so essentially you just don't have to get drunk before the test and you're good. Caffeine is the same way. IMO, the only reason why drug tests are remotely effective is because of how long THC is in the body and because of how unregulated the supplement industry is (very easy to fail if you use the wrong preworkout).
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline nitrocat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: March 26, 2015, 06:03:45 PM »
What's the rationale for weed being prohibited in athletics, on top of whatever laws apply to the general public?  Competitive balance issue?

Dumbassery.  I mean, it's illegal for them to drink until they are practically out of school based on age, but we don't test for that nationally.

They technically do and alcohol is on the NCAA banned list (can't remember if it's only until 21 or just completely banned). It's absolutely not a big deal though because of how short alcohol is in the body. For the testing (assuming that D1 is the same as smaller schools at this point), the student athlete is told the day before their test, so essentially you just don't have to get drunk before the test and you're good. Caffeine is the same way. IMO, the only reason why drug tests are remotely effective is because of how long THC is in the body and because of how unregulated the supplement industry is (very easy to fail if you use the wrong preworkout).

Yeah, you're basically told 12 hours before. And it's during the week. To get caught for alcohol you'd literally have to go get drunk after they told you that you were being tested at 6 am the next morning. I sincerely doubt anyone is that dumb.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: March 26, 2015, 06:45:36 PM »
you'd have to have pretty solid evidence to convince me that oscar didn't purposefully test them when they got back from spring break and currie was ok w/ it. technically they can appeal to currie or the pat bosco committee thing that curt kelly did. curt went w/ bosco which was the smart move because currie and his strong desire to eff frank and his players.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: March 26, 2015, 06:51:40 PM »
you'd have to have pretty solid evidence to convince me that oscar didn't purposefully test them when they got back from spring break and currie was ok w/ it. technically they can appeal to currie or the pat bosco committee thing that curt kelly did. curt went w/ bosco which was the smart move because currie and his strong desire to eff frank and his players.

Kelly and his coach also wanted him to be here. Not to put words into his mouth, but all things considered, I'm wouldn't bet that Foster truly felt the same way.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: March 26, 2015, 06:57:58 PM »

Kelly and his coach also wanted him to be here. Not to put words into his mouth, but all things considered, I'm wouldn't bet that Foster truly felt the same way.

Both of these make sense, and are frustrating if true. Especially considering Weber isn't stupid; he knows that Foster has the potential to be our best in a year that was make or break for him. This scenario would suggest that he is trying to hit a reset button for more time. Unfortunately, we may give it to him. Oddly, Marcus is somewhat a winner for getting away from this, but his name has taken a huge hit, in part due to Weber.
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: March 26, 2015, 07:16:56 PM »
This scenario would suggest that he is trying to hit a reset button for more time.

This is the most realistic scenario, for sure. oscar is sitting around, thinking, "It's an established fact that I can't win with my own players. So, if I want to keep my job, I'm going to have to scheme the yokels. What's the best way to do that? Bust players for drugs and then boot them from the team. I just need to do it before goEMAW blows my cover."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: March 26, 2015, 07:46:09 PM »
If it was drugs, why not just say it was for drugs? (This is not a oscar specific question, it's just that the speculation is probably worse than reality.)

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: March 26, 2015, 07:47:47 PM »
If it was drugs, why not just say it was for drugs? (This is not a oscar specific question, it's just that the speculation is probably worse than reality.)

I thought they would be violating student privacy or something
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1590 on: March 26, 2015, 07:51:01 PM »
It seems to be an unwritten rule to not eff someone on their way out the door.  Speculation is better than definitely having a drug issue when it comes to getting on another team, imo.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: March 26, 2015, 07:56:32 PM »

I thought they would be violating student privacy or something
Nope

http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2014/4/25/5652446/mitch-mcgary-marijuana-suspension-nba-draft-2014

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: March 26, 2015, 07:56:56 PM »
It seems to be an unwritten rule to not eff someone on their way out the door.  Speculation is better than definitely having a drug issue when it comes to getting on another team, imo.
Is it?

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: March 26, 2015, 08:03:04 PM »
tweet, tweet...
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: March 26, 2015, 08:03:36 PM »
I don't think it's a reset. I just don't think Weber could handle Marcus and his personality. It's not a unique thing for his career. Then Marcus helped him out, though I think Weber probably really wanted to keep him. At least after the TCU game.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: March 26, 2015, 08:07:02 PM »
Its a shame that we didn't send Marcus to Passages Malibu to deal with is addiction issue.  But if there is one thing worse then addiction to marijuana cigarettes its jet lag.

The marijuana use probably started as means of dealing with the jet lag.  I mean, the time table works.

Not sure how much of this was directly related to weed, but what's really a shame is that people make such a big deal out of weed, especially with regard to athletes.

It makes sense, though, given how it is a guaranteed path to becoming a complete loser of a person simply by inhaling it's magically evil smoke.

Joking aside, everyone* knows weed laws are ridiculous.  The fact is though its rough ridin' stupid to sacrifice your scholarship for your Saturday night proclivities. 

*by everyone I mean people with common sense who haven't bought into the bullshit (somewhat racist) drug enforcement policies of the country or who aren't blatant hypocrites about what they did in college, probably under age drinking, which in moderation is just as bad as weed.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: March 26, 2015, 08:07:28 PM »
Is it?
Generally, I think it is.  How many times do you hear how shitty of a job a coach did from their AD?  Also, I feel like we would hear a lot more about transfers than "for personal reasons" or "to be closer to family".

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: March 26, 2015, 08:19:39 PM »
Is it?
Generally, I think it is.  How many times do you hear how shitty of a job a coach did from their AD?  Also, I feel like we would hear a lot more about transfers than "for personal reasons" or "to be closer to family".

Then why not just say all three players wanted to transfer? Why announce he was kicked off?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: March 26, 2015, 08:22:06 PM »
oscar worried about face, I would guess.  It plays out differently if you report you kicked off your best player rather he is transferring.  It's a power thing, imo.  One looks like you have the control and able to make tough decisions.   The other looks like you are a loser and ppl are bailing.  Perception is super important.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: March 26, 2015, 08:26:10 PM »