Author Topic: Marcus Foster  (Read 263632 times)

Offline Catman2

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Marcus Foster
« Reply #1550 on: March 26, 2015, 12:41:08 PM »
Is Catman2 is a name-calling bully?

Heat of the moment.
I would very much like to apologize for that error in judgement but that seems to be a sign of weakness on this board.

Offline Catman2

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: March 26, 2015, 12:51:23 PM »
We cant let this kind of cancer infect the board.  Look at what happened with the basketball team and those given second chances.

C'mon Wetwillie, give me another chance.  Heck, testing positive under K-State's drug testing policy gives you 3 strikes.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: March 26, 2015, 01:46:10 PM »
your fate is in ok_cat and the poster relations comittee's hands at this point.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Branson Bound

• Good Christian Fan
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: March 26, 2015, 02:21:59 PM »
This whole darned thing is so sad. I hate watching a talented young man ruin his life because he turned to hard drugs. Henry at the office was telling me that Marcus was giving his dope to other players and that is why he had to go. I just hope he gets the help he needs. Drugs are horrible.
GET WELL SOON RANDY!

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: March 26, 2015, 02:58:11 PM »
Branson Bound sounds like he's tango'd with the marijuana dope cigs before.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: March 26, 2015, 03:00:25 PM »
FN/TCfS
Good thing I never got that ridiculous forehead tattoo like clams did. Now I got room for this masterpiece.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: March 26, 2015, 03:10:58 PM »
1) Dax, will you be at FattyFest?

2) Who else would want this in purple?  If we ordered a bunch in one shot, we could get some discounts on the price and the shipping.  http://www.spreadshirt.com/too-cool-for-school-C3376A2497603

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: March 26, 2015, 03:14:22 PM »
Its a shame that we didn't send Marcus to Passages Malibu to deal with is addiction issue.  But if there is one thing worse then addiction to marijuana cigarettes its jet lag.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: March 26, 2015, 03:23:51 PM »
Go get 'em Marcus. Wherever you end up. Too bad K-State bball gave up on you. No one deserves to be given up on.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: March 26, 2015, 03:26:49 PM »
Its a shame that we didn't send Marcus to Passages Malibu to deal with is addiction issue.  But if there is one thing worse then addiction to marijuana cigarettes its jet lag.

The marijuana use probably started as means of dealing with the jet lag.  I mean, the time table works. 

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: March 26, 2015, 03:29:20 PM »

The marijuana use probably started as means of dealing with the jet lag.  I mean, the time table works.

Not sure how much of this was directly related to weed, but what's really a shame is that people make such a big deal out of weed, especially with regard to athletes.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: March 26, 2015, 03:30:40 PM »

Not sure how much of this was directly related to weed, but what's really a shame is that people make such a big deal out of weed, especially with regard to athletes.

It makes sense, though, given how it is a guaranteed path to becoming a complete loser of a person simply by inhaling it's magically evil smoke.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: March 26, 2015, 03:34:10 PM »

I'm guessing because the league, NCAA, and school test for it. I inferred from the Catman guy that Marcus put himself in position to get caught 3 times (for suspension) and then probably got caught again (to get dismissed). Point being, its hard to get "caught" that many times. :dunno:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: March 26, 2015, 03:42:02 PM »
What's the rationale for weed being prohibited in athletics, on top of whatever laws apply to the general public?  Competitive balance issue?

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: March 26, 2015, 03:44:59 PM »
What's the rationale for weed being prohibited in athletics, on top of whatever laws apply to the general public?  Competitive balance issue?

Dumbassery.  I mean, it's illegal for them to drink until they are practically out of school based on age, but we don't test for that nationally. 

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: March 26, 2015, 03:45:44 PM »

The people I'm referring to are the league, NCAA, school and anyone else who thinks it's such a vile activity. Doesn't mean you're not right. If he got caught that many times it's definitely on him.

The reason I mentioned it was that I saw the ESPN report about the Nebraska LB who tested positive for weed at the draft combine or whatever. He puts out this pretty thoughtful apology, but who knows how much of it he believes. I'm sure he's sincere in his words and will be in his efforts to abstain, because he wants to be a successful pro, but he still might not truly believe it's a problem. If he is sincere, he's now been saddled with a cloak of guilt or remorse over something that he had to be convinced was even a problem in the first place.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: March 26, 2015, 03:46:37 PM »

Dumbassery.  I mean, it's illegal for them to drink until they are practically out of school based on age, but we don't test for that nationally.

You convinced me earlier. No need to try to rectify the disgusting hippie behavior.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: March 26, 2015, 03:49:29 PM »

The people I'm referring to are the league, NCAA, school and anyone else who thinks it's such a vile activity. Doesn't mean you're not right. If he got caught that many times it's definitely on him.

The reason I mentioned it was that I saw the ESPN report about the Nebraska LB who tested positive for weed at the draft combine or whatever. He puts out this pretty thoughtful apology, but who knows how much of it he believes. I'm sure he's sincere in his words and will be in his efforts to abstain, because he wants to be a successful pro, but he still might not truly believe it's a problem. If he is sincere, he's now been saddled with a cloak of guilt or remorse over something that he had to be convinced was even a problem in the first place.

Isn't this what happened to Justin Houston?  Slipped to round 3 rather than round 1 because he was caught with it a couple times in school?  I think this is right.  Def not going to look it up, though.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: March 26, 2015, 03:53:43 PM »

Isn't this what happened to Justin Houston?  Slipped to round 3 rather than round 1 because he was caught with it a couple times in school?  I think this is right.  Def not going to look it up, though.

Yeah.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: March 26, 2015, 03:54:33 PM »

I believe Houston tested positive at the combine which is pretty frowned upon because the players no its coming and can't/won't go the the 3 or 4 weeks clean even with $$$ on the line

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: March 26, 2015, 03:56:41 PM »

I believe Houston tested positive at the combine which is pretty frowned upon because the players no its coming and can't/won't go the the 3 or 4 weeks clean even with $$$ on the line

Yeah, very similar to what _Fan said about Foster, but without all the money involved.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: March 26, 2015, 03:56:57 PM »
I inferred from the Catman guy that Marcus put himself in position to get caught 3 times (for suspension) and then probably got caught again (to get dismissed). Point being, its hard to get "caught" that many times. :dunno:

2x for 10% suspension, 3x for permanent suspension and loss of financial aid.  not sure what permanent suspension means, but it probably means dismissal.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: March 26, 2015, 03:59:29 PM »
i wonder how he administers his dope. 
marijuana cigarettes?
a bong?
spliff?
vaporizer?
edibles?
injections?
dabs?
laced with PCP?

whichever one is the best is the one i bet he does.  sad.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: March 26, 2015, 04:01:46 PM »
I inferred from the Catman guy that Marcus put himself in position to get caught 3 times (for suspension) and then probably got caught again (to get dismissed). Point being, its hard to get "caught" that many times. :dunno:

2x for 10% suspension, 3x for permanent suspension and loss of financial aid.  not sure what permanent suspension means, but it probably means dismissal.

Thanks for the correction. This would make sense for what happened. Perhaps Malek is fortunate he wasn't in the "lit" instagram pic with Marcus and Tre.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: March 26, 2015, 04:11:20 PM »

Thanks for the correction. This would make sense for what happened. Perhaps Malek is fortunate he wasn't in the "lit" instagram pic with Marcus and Tre.

1) A third strike can reviewed and removed
2) Why test for a third strike, unless you are ok with the strike. 
3) Players have a pretty good idea when they are going to get tested, they can get their systems flushed out.

It is just total failure.