Author Topic: Marcus Foster  (Read 263315 times)

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Marcus Foster
« Reply #650 on: February 05, 2015, 08:11:59 AM »
yeah, frank had tons of this stuff as well. he just got through it. he ran off a shitload of people. had dillards on our asses. had pat bosco save the day for CK. bill obviously didn't want to be here but he got him to play as well as could be expected. he managed michael beasley which is something no NBA coach has been able to do. can you guys imagine oscar weber trying to deal with michael beasley, jamar samuels, et al? can you imagine him getting after bill walker about his poor showing on the play hard chart?

Bingo

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: February 05, 2015, 08:13:18 AM »
While I as a K-State fan am not happy with how Weber is handling the program overall, it takes a real kind of hater to just flat out say that Foster hasn't contributed to some of the issues.   You cannot just lay this entirely on the feet of, "Weber doesn't know how to relate to the players" . . . part of relating to the players is allowing them to excel, I think oscar Weber has given Marcus Foster a massive opportunity to excel.   

You could tell from the very beginning of the season that Foster's attitude was that he was the $hit, and from the outset I've believed that it was "his people" fueling it . . . and no coach is going to put up with that.   From my observation, the whole Lebron camp thing etc. etc. has gone straight to Foster's head. 

it's oscar's job to manage his players and ensure that the best player he'll ever have at k-state/meal ticket is happy and plays by the rules.

Of course it is, but I don't think dax is saying that here. Kitchen's blog or whatever is dumb, but Marcus has some responsibility in this as well. My biggest frustration with this blog at times is that if "we" like the player its never their fault, but if "we" don't the player is a complete piece of trash (see Jake Waters). Its dumb.

there is no "we". there are plenty of people on here who dislike marcus or at least how he's been playing/acting. there are also a TON of people on here that were and are huge jake waters fans. you are just getting mad at the other side for having better arguments/rhetoric which doesn't make it "we".

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: February 05, 2015, 08:13:39 AM »
That issue is mutually exclusive from the fact that Weber has clearly recruited inferior guards, and can't seem to get Wes to "get it".   Those things are almost as big of issues as faster.   If we had some real mumping point guards and if Wes would ever "get it" we probably win that rough ridin game last night.

Yeah, oscar provides us with plenty of legitimate stuff to be upset about like this.

Besides Marcus, the roster oscar has put together is absolutely terrible. I joked about his Salukruiting, but that is pretty much what we have. I had hope in his attempt at transfers, but Bolden is simply not a major college player and Edwards is extremely inconsistent. Then you have the entire Jevon/Nigel mess. And Hurt. And the regression of Westicles.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: February 05, 2015, 08:14:19 AM »
there is no "we". there are plenty of people on here who dislike marcus or at least how he's been playing/acting. there are also a TON of people on here that were and are huge jake waters fans. you are just getting mad at the other side for having better arguments/rhetoric which doesn't make it "we".

Fair.

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: February 05, 2015, 08:16:38 AM »
That issue is mutually exclusive from the fact that Weber has clearly recruited inferior guards, and can't seem to get Wes to "get it".   Those things are almost as big of issues as faster.   If we had some real mumping point guards and if Wes would ever "get it" we probably win that rough ridin game last night.

Yeah, oscar provides us with plenty of legitimate stuff to be upset about like this.

Besides Marcus, the roster oscar has put together is absolutely terrible. I joked about his Salukruiting, but that is pretty much what we have. I had hope in his attempt at transfers, but Bolden is simply not a major college player and Edwards is extremely inconsistent. Then you have the entire Jevon/Nigel mess. And Hurt. And the regression of Westicles.

I'm not giving up hope on Edwards and Hurt yet, but Bolden and Nigel absolutely have to go. I'm willing to take a flyer on Jevon purely because we have some good guards coming in.

I think the thing that i'm most upset about is the regression of Wes. He looked like a freaking stud in the Kentucky game and at the end of last season and it seems like he just lost all of that drive and motivation in the off season. I'm praying for it to be just a soph slump and he'll come out and have a great Junior campaign.

Offline WavetheWheat

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
  • SteveDave's Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: February 05, 2015, 08:17:17 AM »
When did Curtis Kitchen turn into such a dick?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: February 05, 2015, 08:22:20 AM »
The Frank comparo's . . . it's like some people just forget all the Frankings, and the fact that some guys couldn't even breath incorrectly without either getting benched, or just plain being forgotten about entirely.

Don't talk about "handling" Jamar, Jamar would sulk and pout and it would wreck his game for huge periods of time, if "handling" Jamar was Jamar going out and sucking a$$ for multiple games at a time, than you need to reassess just what "handling" is.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #657 on: February 05, 2015, 08:23:23 AM »
When you need "things to go just right" in order to beat a team like Tech you might as well just admit its over.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: February 05, 2015, 08:25:35 AM »
When did Curtis Kitchen turn into such a dick?

Its his way of coping with K-State being bad again. Its just not good coping.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: February 05, 2015, 08:26:01 AM »
Hey dax, Jamar was integral to our best season ever.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: February 05, 2015, 08:26:43 AM »
Hey dax, Jamar was integral to our best season ever.

When did I say he wasn't?  Stupid

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: February 05, 2015, 08:33:16 AM »
It's oscar's fault for A: not brucing him

B: recruiting himself into a situation that you are one guy a way from being the worst team in the conference

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: February 05, 2015, 08:34:16 AM »
You are using it as an excuse for oscar to destroy our program, wich I don't like

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: February 05, 2015, 08:35:15 AM »

Fair.

I mean, I do think at times the narrative is driven one direction over another, but you are correct. If you can't bring a legitimate point or argument in the debate you (I) should really just shut up.

It's oscar's fault for A: not brucing him

B: recruiting himself into a situation that you are one guy a way from being the worst team in the conference

Yes, this. We are pretty bad after Marcus, and that's with Gip and Nino.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: February 05, 2015, 08:36:38 AM »
You are using it as an excuse for oscar to destroy our program, wich I don't like

:facepalm:

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: February 05, 2015, 08:37:07 AM »
oscar Weber=Cancer
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: February 05, 2015, 08:39:27 AM »
oscar Weber=Cancer

Not really, there is a chance to survive cancer

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: February 05, 2015, 08:47:30 AM »
So maybe Foster is a really big problem. But we knew at the beginning of the season that this was going to be an issue. We literally all saw it coming. If oscar gets his program and his star player under control in November and December, we're not having this issue today. Bench him for a game like Arizona, let us take an unholy ass beating in Maui and then move forward.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: February 05, 2015, 08:48:03 AM »
While I as a K-State fan am not happy with how Weber is handling the program overall, it takes a real kind of hater to just flat out say that Foster hasn't contributed to some of the issues.   You cannot just lay this entirely on the feet of, "Weber doesn't know how to relate to the players" . . . part of relating to the players is allowing them to excel, I think oscar Weber has given Marcus Foster a massive opportunity to excel.   

You could tell from the very beginning of the season that Foster's attitude was that he was the $hit, and from the outset I've believed that it was "his people" fueling it . . . and no coach is going to put up with that.   From my observation, the whole Lebron camp thing etc. etc. has gone straight to Foster's head. 

it's oscar's job to manage his players and ensure that the best player he'll ever have at k-state/meal ticket is happy and plays by the rules.

So what if Foster doesn't play by the rules?  What if Foster is just being an amazing a$$hole?

Weber would be an even bigger idiot by allowing a kid who was just being, well, just being a complete dick (if that is indeed the case) to continue to infect the team with his a$$holishness.   

again, the fact that it's gotten to this point falls on oscar.  yes, the player shares in responsibility, but it's oscar's job to grow these kids on and off of the court.
a failure of the kid is a failure of the coach.

and jake waters didn't have these problems.  people didn't like him because his name wasn't daniel sams.  poor comparison. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: February 05, 2015, 08:50:20 AM »
again, the fact that it's gotten to this point falls on oscar.  yes, the player shares in responsibility, but it's oscar's job to grow these kids on and off of the court.

and jake waters didn't have these problems.  people didn't like him because his name wasn't daniel sams.  poor comparison. 

I agree with all of that clams.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: February 05, 2015, 08:52:33 AM »

I agree with all of that clams.
I didn't like Jake Waters' attitude or stupid face. I have no problem acknowledging that's not fair.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: February 05, 2015, 08:52:56 AM »
And really, I'm about the only person that truly dislikes him.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: February 05, 2015, 08:55:56 AM »
oscar Weber=Cancer

Not really, there is a chance to survive cancer

Yeah, by cutting out the cancer.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: February 05, 2015, 08:56:45 AM »
I dislike curtis kitchen because he is bad at what he does

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: February 05, 2015, 09:14:14 AM »
It's like the oscar-tuck Unabomber manifesto.

Also can I get a wellness check on MIR?

Ironic you replied because I literally passed out posting that, like fell asleep on the laptop, but I'm good now thanks :Woot: