Author Topic: Marcus Foster  (Read 267511 times)

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Marcus Foster
« Reply #625 on: January 12, 2015, 11:49:23 AM »
Foster still played pretty shitty/lazy defense the last two games.

i hope his minutes are limited in the tech game.  everyone has to play defense.

I'd rather he just play better defense but maybe that's just me.
avoid fouls > staying fresh for end of game heroics > playing good defense > defensive rebounding

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #626 on: January 12, 2015, 12:24:31 PM »
LOL @ the frankites criticizing weber for punitively benching a player.

LAUGH OUT LOUD
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: January 12, 2015, 12:40:22 PM »
Marcus needs to score. Even though his minutes were limited against Georgia and Oklahoma State he also went 1-9 from the field and 0-5 from 3. After that just play decent defense and get a few rebounds. Honestly, I'm fairly confident that he'll do that consistently because he already has most his short career.

IMO the key for the rest of the season isn't so much Marcus as it is the other guys. I think his little deal is mostly over and we pretty much know what we're going to get. However, we don't always know what we'll get from Jevon, Hurt, and Westicles. Nino and Gip have been fairly consistent, but those other guys haven't. We've just got to have the majority playing well at the same time like we did in Norman and this team will win plenty more games. The question is how consistent that will happen.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: January 12, 2015, 01:07:43 PM »

LOL @ the frankites criticizing weber for punitively benching a player.

LAUGH OUT LOUD

While this is a good point, I think a lot of Frankites didn't like him doing that either.  You can like someone and not like everything they do.

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: January 12, 2015, 02:40:46 PM »
Foster still played pretty shitty/lazy defense the last two games.

i hope his minutes are limited in the tech game.  everyone has to play defense.

I'd rather he just play better defense but maybe that's just me.

it'd be great to hyperloop between la and sf.  but for now we still have to just drive along on the highway.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: February 05, 2015, 12:24:27 AM »
:lol:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: February 05, 2015, 04:38:25 AM »
http://www.bringonthecats.com/2015/2/4/7982905/kansas-states-marcus-foster-getting-what-he-wanted

Goddamnit panjandrum, your guy Curtis is a special kind of piece of crap. He embarrasses BOTC, he embarrasses humanity. I hope he has accidents in the next three days that removes his handw ahe , his sound ovgggggggggggggggggggggggck                                                -===========================================-================================================================================oooo//////////////////////////////////////////////////0k=

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: February 05, 2015, 06:42:58 AM »
It's like the oscar-tuck Unabomber manifesto.

Also can I get a wellness check on MIR?

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: February 05, 2015, 06:46:17 AM »
My apathy is turning to anger which feels good.

Offline uncle clean jeans

• hygienic role model
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: February 05, 2015, 06:48:39 AM »
http://www.bringonthecats.com/2015/2/4/7982905/kansas-states-marcus-foster-getting-what-he-wanted

writing like this has to be one of the most embarrassing aspects of being a cats fan (that collegian article also comes to mind). reading this was much worse than watching a loss to tech

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: February 05, 2015, 07:00:22 AM »
 :flush:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: February 05, 2015, 07:11:15 AM »
You guys just can't stand the heat I guess.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: February 05, 2015, 07:17:11 AM »
oscar On The Cats

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: February 05, 2015, 07:18:13 AM »
This is what you envisioned, huh Marcus?

:lol:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: February 05, 2015, 07:24:23 AM »
Pffft

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: February 05, 2015, 07:49:01 AM »
He really gave Marcus a stern dressing down right to his face.  We'll see how Marcus responds I guess.  There's a gauntlet on the ground, Marcus.  You going to pick it up, huh?
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: February 05, 2015, 07:56:41 AM »
While I as a K-State fan am not happy with how Weber is handling the program overall, it takes a real kind of hater to just flat out say that Foster hasn't contributed to some of the issues.   You cannot just lay this entirely on the feet of, "Weber doesn't know how to relate to the players" . . . part of relating to the players is allowing them to excel, I think oscar Weber has given Marcus Foster a massive opportunity to excel.   

You could tell from the very beginning of the season that Foster's attitude was that he was the $hit, and from the outset I've believed that it was "his people" fueling it . . . and no coach is going to put up with that.   From my observation, the whole Lebron camp thing etc. etc. has gone straight to Foster's head. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: February 05, 2015, 08:04:06 AM »
While I as a K-State fan am not happy with how Weber is handling the program overall, it takes a real kind of hater to just flat out say that Foster hasn't contributed to some of the issues.   You cannot just lay this entirely on the feet of, "Weber doesn't know how to relate to the players" . . . part of relating to the players is allowing them to excel, I think oscar Weber has given Marcus Foster a massive opportunity to excel.   

You could tell from the very beginning of the season that Foster's attitude was that he was the $hit, and from the outset I've believed that it was "his people" fueling it . . . and no coach is going to put up with that.   From my observation, the whole Lebron camp thing etc. etc. has gone straight to Foster's head. 

it's oscar's job to manage his players and ensure that the best player he'll ever have at k-state/meal ticket is happy and plays by the rules.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: February 05, 2015, 08:08:43 AM »

it's oscar's job to manage his players and ensure that the best player he'll ever have at k-state/meal ticket is happy and plays by the rules.

Bingo. Whenever I hear people defending oscar and saying all of this seasons trouble is on Foster, I think about how Bob Knight/Coach K/Boeheim would handle these types of situations. They'd cut the head off the snake and move forward. oscar has to be the long dick of the law and figure it out as he's ultimately responsible for the team and the season. I'd rather lose games figuring it out with the rest of the team playing hard than lose games dealing and being distracted with a headcase bringing down the team. You think any respectable coach would put up with this crap? The answer is no.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: February 05, 2015, 08:08:57 AM »
We Obvsly need to weed out the potential leBron camp invitees. 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: February 05, 2015, 08:09:26 AM »

Of course it is, but I don't think dax is saying that here. Kitchen's blog or whatever is dumb, but Marcus has some responsibility in this as well. My biggest frustration with this blog at times is that if "we" like the player its never their fault, but if "we" don't the player is a complete piece of trash (see Jake Waters). Its dumb.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: February 05, 2015, 08:10:05 AM »
yeah, frank had tons of this stuff as well. he just got through it. he ran off a shitload of people. had dillards on our asses. had pat bosco save the day for CK. bill obviously didn't want to be here but he got him to play as well as could be expected. he managed michael beasley which is something no NBA coach has been able to do. can you guys imagine oscar weber trying to deal with michael beasley, jamar samuels, et al? can you imagine him getting after bill walker about his poor showing on the play hard chart?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: February 05, 2015, 08:10:15 AM »

So what if Foster doesn't play by the rules?  What if Foster is just being an amazing a$$hole?

Weber would be an even bigger idiot by allowing a kid who was just being, well, just being a complete dick (if that is indeed the case) to continue to infect the team with his a$$holishness.   

That issue is mutually exclusive from the fact that Weber has clearly recruited inferior guards, and can't seem to get Wes to "get it".   Those things are almost as big of issues as Foster.   If we had some real mumping point guards and if Wes would ever "get it" we probably win that rough ridin game last night.

CNS . . . don't be a strawman rough ridin dick.   That's not what I said.

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: February 05, 2015, 08:10:47 AM »
We Obvsly need to weed out the potential leBron camp invitees.

I sense the sarcasm, but this is not really any different than Coach K dumping Sulaimon after "violating team rules" at Duke. At some point we have to say enough is enough.