Author Topic: What if Wiggins is a bust?  (Read 53771 times)

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
Re: What if Wiggins is a bust?
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2013, 12:24:23 PM »
So what is it exactly that has your panties in a bunch?

that ku got the #1 player in the class?

that even when you had your "best year ever" ku was still better?

that this years KSU team couldn't beat some YMCA teams?

that not only the local media, but the national media is all over Wiggins?

Perhaps your reading comprehension isn't strong, but I think Wacky has a valid point.  We want this Canadian prodigy to succeed as much as the next guy, however at this point there is some legitimate concern that maybe he won't average 35 & 20 as we've been led to believe... 

At what point is he considered a bust?  30 & 15? 25 & 10?  That's where the concern lies as we want him to have tremendous success to make the entire state of Kansas look better in the eyes of the nation. 

With all of the media attention on what appears to be a Jordan/LeBron cyborg type athlete, I'd think that anything short of an undefeated national championship season would have to be considered something of a disappointment.

bears are fast...

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2013, 12:25:46 PM »
Wiggins the individual is quite a bit bigger than the KU program right now.  I can see why Bill might get jealous

Offline rcjh88

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2013, 12:30:07 PM »
It must really suck to be a kstate fan. I feel bad for you guys.

The Big Train

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2013, 12:33:11 PM »
It must really suck to be a kstate fan. I feel bad for you guys.

Winning a 3MAW last year and getting the number 1 basketball player in the country is hardly something to be sad about.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2013, 12:37:14 PM »
Never Forget

:frown:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2013, 12:37:35 PM »
Rumor out of Lawrence is the Celtics organization has been in talks with Self about how he's been mistreating our guy Andrew. They said they didn't tank this season to get Parker, Smart or Randle, they tanked it to get Wiggins and only Wiggins. They knew about Self's plan to make Wiggins look so awful that he needs to stay another year and obviously, were not happy about it. I assume they offered Self a cash incentive, but obviously my source wouldn't speak about that.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2013, 12:48:37 PM »
Folks, we, as #teamwiggins need to include him in our prayer circles, so that he can escape the plight of an oppressor trying to keep him down.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2013, 12:57:21 PM »
It must really suck to be a K-State fan. I feel bad for you guys.

Don't feel bad. As hard as it's been to have to take over as the largest and flagship institution in Kansas, while relinquishing our title of "Futility U" on the gridiron, we'll be ok. 

bears are fast...

Offline SEK_EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2013, 12:58:50 PM »
Guys, what if we don't get an NCAA title and a #1 draft pick?  I can't take that kind of disappointment. :goodbyecruelworld:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2013, 12:59:24 PM »
Guys, I've been doing some analysis, and I think you'll find the results shocking.  Both Selby and Henry were worse college players than both Jake Pullen and Kim English.  It's time someone in the Lawrentucky media start asking Bill Self the hard questions:  "Bill, why do you ruin the best recuits?"  "Bill, why can't your ego let others succeed?"  "Bill, what did these kids do to you?"  "Bill, you realize your wealth comes off the backs of these talents?"  "Bill, what do you recommend at Salty Iguana?"

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2013, 01:03:19 PM »
Guys, I've been doing some analysis, and I think you'll find the results shocking.  Both Selby and Henry were worse college players than both Jake Pullen and Kim English.  It's time someone in the Lawrentucky media start asking Bill Self the hard questions:  "Bill, why do you ruin the best recuits?"  "Bill, why can't your ego let others succeed?"  "Bill, what did these kids do to you?"  "Bill, you realize your wealth comes off the backs of these talents?" "Bill, what do you recommend at Salty Iguana?"

The Prairie Village burrito

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2013, 01:03:47 PM »
Then he'll play a second or third year at Kansas?  :dunno:

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2013, 01:05:07 PM »
Guys, I've been doing some analysis, and I think you'll find the results shocking.  Both Selby and Henry were worse college players than both Jake Pullen and Kim English.  It's time someone in the Lawrentucky media start asking Bill Self the hard questions:  "Bill, why do you ruin the best recuits?"  "Bill, why can't your ego let others succeed?"  "Bill, what did these kids do to you?"  "Bill, you realize your wealth comes off the backs of these talents?"  "Bill, what do you recommend at Salty Iguana?"

I'd love it if I could get a "non-coach speak" answer on this very important question.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2013, 01:06:23 PM »

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2013, 01:06:52 PM »
Wiggins the individual is quite a bit bigger than the KU program right now.  I can see why Bill might get jealous

610 was having this exact discussion this morning.  Said that they spoke with Bill and he had said that the team has received all the pub of the national magazines with Andy on the front and how the marketing has been so huge and yet KU hasn't even had to spend a dime for any of it.  So, for those keeping score(Bill) Andy comes on campus and KU is thrown all the attention it could want, where Bill has to actually rely on a marketing budget that KU uses to pay ppl to pay attention to Bill.

Look, Bill may be able to shrug that off for a while, but there is a point where he won't be able to.  Question is, how long until then.  I am guessing it is only a few more 10pt games before Bill snaps and starts talking about how Andy isn't KU and how KU is bigger than any one player.  Which we all know that the idea that Ku is bigger than the single best college BB player ever is just ridic.  This program is Andy right now.  Andy is this program.

I fear for Andy.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2013, 01:08:27 PM »
Then he'll play a second or third year at Kansas?  :dunno:
Um no. You obviously don't care about Wiggins. The longer he's there, the more time Lawrence can push their booze and drugs on him. Rinse and repeat.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2013, 01:12:55 PM »
Wiggins knows Bill's game.  He has already said in multiple interviews that he is just trying to make the most of his last year at school.  The kid sounds somewhat sad when he says that too.  Sounds like Bill is wearing on him and between Bill's monstering and the general danger that the city of Lawrence presents to a talented youngster, he may be concerned about his ability to actually enjoy it.   :dunno:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2013, 01:17:59 PM »
Wiggins knows Bill's game.  He has already said in multiple interviews that he is just trying to make the most of his last year at school.  The kid sounds somewhat sad when he says that too.  Sounds like Bill is wearing on him and between Bill's monstering and the general danger that the city of Lawrence presents to a talented youngster, he may be concerned about his ability to actually enjoy it.   :dunno:

Can we get a list of possible barbs/verbal cheap shots/implications/stank eye comments that Self probably hurls towards our guy Andy at various points during practice and in the dressing room in front of the whole team and staff.   Would it surprise any of you to hear that Self stops practice to get on some guys or to teach, it's all quiet and then he'll toss in a (sarcastic voice) "don't do it like Mr. super star over here" (glances at our guy Andy)?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2013, 01:20:16 PM »
a nice guy like wiggins won't survive lawrence for 2 years.  the social pressure to do tokes of doping weed and operate motor vehicles under the influence of booze drinks is just too much.  sending our guy all of my prayers right now, he really needs this to work out.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2013, 01:22:22 PM »
lol at anyone who thinks Wiggins could be a bust.  The chance of that happening is 0% and I for one will be wearing my Kansas t-shirt with pride all season long.

@lopakman

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2013, 01:29:56 PM »

Can we get a list of possible barbs/verbal cheap shots/implications/stank eye comments that Self probably hurls towards our guy Andy at various points during practice and in the dressing room in front of the whole team and staff.   Would it surprise any of you to hear that Self stops practice to get on some guys or to teach, it's all quiet and then he'll toss in a (sarcastic voice) "don't do it like Mr. super star over here" (glances at our guy Andy)?

Generally, Bill prefers to run down his possible one and done guys through the media.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2013, 01:32:59 PM »
I think Self will go on a chick-banging and boozing binge when he snaps under all this pressure.  Maybe some concern for the coozes of Lawrentucky is in order.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2013, 01:34:52 PM »

Generally, Bill prefers to run down his possible one and done guys through the media.

That's true, but I still think there's probably a horrific "death by 1000 cuts" process in there, and the media doesn't afford that many chances.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2013, 02:07:44 PM »

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2013, 02:14:35 PM »
a nice guy like wiggins won't survive lawrence for 2 years.  the social pressure to do tokes of doping weed and operate motor vehicles under the influence of booze drinks is just too much.  sending our guy all of my prayers right now, he really needs this to work out.

And don't you think for a second that Xavier and Selby haven't been blowing up Andy's agent's phone with warnings.