Author Topic: I'm not sold on Sams  (Read 17303 times)

Offline Lefty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
I'm not sold on Sams
« on: October 23, 2013, 06:47:30 AM »
Not yet at least. If Daniel Sams was a true winner and 'the man', wouldn't he have found a way to beat Okie St and/or Baylor? Answer this with some thought behind it, would a Sophomore Collin Klein or even a Beasley have found a way to beat Okie St or Baylor? I think they would have. And for that, I'm not sold on Dan Sams as our future stud QB. Future slot or Harper yes.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
elitist since 1994

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: I'm not sold on Sams
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 07:03:58 AM »
Yep, if he was a "true winner" he wouldn't lose a single game.  Just like Ell Roberson his sophomore year.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 07:06:14 AM »
I enjoy the GPC threads calling Josh Freeman a loser because he has only won like 1/3 of his 61 NFL starts at QB. Collin Klein would never lose that many.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 07:21:43 AM »
If Aaron Rogers was as good as Alex smith, the packers wouldn't have lost any games this year.

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 08:10:28 AM »
can you even imagine if klein could have planted his foot like sams can?   :love:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 08:22:25 AM »
Not yet at least. If Daniel Sams was a true winner and 'the man', wouldn't he have found a way to beat Okie St and/or Baylor? Answer this with some thought behind it, would a Sophomore Collin Klein or even a Beasley have found a way to beat Okie St or Baylor? I think they would have. And for that, I'm not sold on Dan Sams as our future stud QB. Future slot or Harper yes.

Something tells me that sophomore Collin Klein would not have been able to find a way to beat a couple of really good teams given that he couldn't beat Missouri or Colorado.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 08:23:09 AM »

Something tells me that sophomore Collin Klein would not have been able to find a way to beat a couple of really good teams given that he couldn't beat Missouri or Colorado.

While I agree with you, Bill took the ball out of his hands against Mizzou.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 08:25:10 AM »
I enjoy the GPC threads calling Josh Freeman a loser because he has only won like 1/3 of his 61 NFL starts at QB. Collin Klein would never lose that many.

:lol:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 08:26:01 AM »

He did against Colorado, too. Of course, that wouldn't have happened if Klein would have been able to move the ball and score more points in the first half. I don't think Sams would have had to come back to win at the end of the game against OSU or Baylor if he would have started those games and played all of the snaps.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2013, 08:31:51 AM »
Lefty hated the crap out of Chris too.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2013, 08:33:47 AM »
Collin Klein has won as many NFL games as Ell Roberson has.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2013, 08:34:17 AM »
Lefty hated the crap out of Chris too.

yes he did. which bodes well for our guy daniel.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2013, 08:38:31 AM »
Why is lefty racist? :dunno:

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2013, 08:39:41 AM »

He did against Colorado, too. Of course, that wouldn't have happened if Klein would have been able to move the ball and score more points in the first half. I don't think Sams would have had to come back to win at the end of the game against OSU or Baylor if he would have started those games and played all of the snaps.

FYBS  :shakesfist:

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2013, 08:45:14 AM »

Junior Collin Klein couldn't beat OSU in Stillwater, so I'm not sure why you would expect sophomore Daniel Sams to.  He only beat Baylor once and that game was won on defense.
emaw

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2013, 08:51:55 AM »
Sams is a quarterback and different than Collin Klein.

A more appropriate questions (as has been mentioned) is would Klein have won those games as a sophomore?

Plus, Sams will get the rest of this season to prove whether or not he is "the man" as you stated. I get the concerns because we had opportunities to win both OSU and BU and did not, in part because of Sams' mistakes. However, if he finishes this season with a 5-1ish record while playing 80% of the snaps, its going to be very difficult to doubt him and all K-State fans should be optimistic about the future with two years of Sams left.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2013, 08:53:02 AM »

Junior Collin Klein couldn't beat OSU in Stillwater, so I'm not sure why you would expect sophomore Daniel Sams to.  He only beat Baylor once and that game was won on defense.

That OSU team was much better than this year's, and Sams would have beat them if Snyder would just get out of his way.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2013, 08:53:20 AM »

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2013, 09:01:40 AM »

That OSU team was much better than this year's, and Sams would have beat them if Snyder would just get out of his way.

That KSU team was also much better than this year's.
emaw

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2013, 09:09:14 AM »

Or decided to put #H2NO in so he could crap himself and fumble inside the 10 yard line

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2013, 09:14:29 AM »
This thread.

:flush:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2013, 09:22:12 AM »
I think we are a better football team with Daniel Sams playing.
I think we are way more fun to watch with Daniel Sams playing.
I think Daniel Sams fits Bill Snyders offensive scheme better than any other quarterback we have.
I think the rest of this season will not be an audition but a coming out party with growing pains attached.

Offline kostakio

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2013, 09:32:20 AM »
Sams isn't where he needs to be yet but his talent and potential is obvious.  We lost plenty of games with a sophomore Colin Klein and a sophomore Roberson.  Has Snyder ever won a bunch of games with any sophomore QB?   It's just not a system that is made for young guys to come in and shine right away. 

Obviously he needs to avoid the big mistakes at the end but what he's done these last two games is impressive.  You can fix mistakes and teach a guy not to throw interceptions.  You can't teach a guy to run for 200 yards even when the defense knows it's coming.  I've always been a huge Colin Klein supporter but he never had to win a shootout with his two best WR's out.  Sure he beat Texas his sopomore year without completing a pass but that was more about how bad the Texas offense was.  That said I knew Klein could be good after that game when Texas knew what was coming and couldn't stop it and I see the same things with Sams. 

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2013, 09:52:10 AM »
Shocked by any Sams hater, just don't get it.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2013, 10:04:22 AM »
Shocked by any Sams hater, just don't get it.

They are called dumbasses SW.
@mikec2w