Author Topic: Calling all Lawyers  (Read 16467 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Calling all Lawyers
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2013, 10:12:09 AM »
The HOA cannot enforce an illegal agreement. There is absolutely nothing they can do to you. You can let them place a lien on your house, but if you don't like that, you can always just take them to court and have it removed. I certainly wouldn't pay them any fine associated with your having a dish.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2013, 10:12:53 AM »
Those houses are so close together I bet he can hear the billionaire Czech pharmacists when they are counting their hoarded cash that they don't spend on house/yard.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2013, 10:13:14 AM »
My property line is about 5' from their house.

:sdeek:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2013, 10:14:25 AM »
Those houses are so close together I bet he can hear the billionaire Czech pharmacists when they are counting their hoarded cash that they don't spend on house/yard.

Yeah, they're so close that I bet he could put his dish in a discreet spot on their house and be close enough to run his coax of whatever.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2013, 10:16:18 AM »

Yeah, they're so close that I bet he could put his dish in a discreet spot on their house and be close enough to run his coax of whatever.

Maybe just save even more money by having the Czechs split cable over to him?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2013, 10:17:50 AM »
Let them lien your house.  They have a year to take action before the lien expires.  At that time, they can lien you again, but it is the same process.  If you have not intention of moving in a long time, they will get tired of filing the $100 lien yearly and just stop.  If you do sell your house soon(or refi), I am pretty sure they will have to come up with some reasonable value of the infraction that would have to be sorted out and settled up before the sale could be completed.  What is the value of a quasi hidden dish?  If it is simply the cost to remove it, then that is super easy.  Put the house up for sale but note that the dish is not staying in the sellers disclosure.  Then sell your house and remove the dish.

I am not a lawyer, but it seems like this would work.

Also, just have Direct TV relocate the rough ridin' dish so that it is on your back roof line.  Still get the exposure needed and your neighborhood won't look like the trailer park it does now.

Thanks for the input CNS!

The problem is that it can't be visible from the street per the HOA regulations. Every freaking place I can move it to is visible from the street and the one place that it's not is too far away from the house for the coax to run per DirecTV's regulations. I have literally caught the HOA president walking on three sides of my house (all sidewalks of course) looking for the satellite as she's a nazi. Her house looks like trash so i'm not sure why she's bitching at me. She's retired and probably has nothing better to do anyways. She also does a weekly neighborhood drive through to look at all the houses in the neighborhood.

I'm not moving for a long, long time so the wait it out method might actually work. So you're saying that they will have to pay $100 per year to keep the lien active with no yearly penalty to me?

Again, not a lawyer, but I would imagine it pretty standard that the earlier mentioned "reasonable cost" would include the cost of the lien(s).   But, yeah.  Liens basically provide a pain in the ass barrier to a person while giving time for another party to try to get some perceived wrong righted.  So, they can lien you but they would then have to sue you to actually force you to pay.  Either that or you have to come to an agreement that would include them releasing the lien.  The latter is what usually happens in home sales type stuff as I understand it. 

To help hide it, you should go get some Army type cammo duct tape and coat it with that so that it is hidden from the street.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2013, 10:18:38 AM »

Sounds like the Czechs are too busy being pharmacists or doctors to get a nice house/do yard work/split cable.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2013, 10:19:47 AM »

Sounds like the Czechs are too busy being pharmacists or doctors to get a nice house/do yard work/split cable.

Maybe ShellShock can just develop similar TV tastes as the Czechs and watch through their respective windows?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2013, 10:20:32 AM »
shellshock clearly does not care that everybody in his neighborhood hates or will hate his ass

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2013, 10:21:06 AM »

Maybe ShellShock can just develop similar TV tastes as the Czechs and watch through their respective windows?

That's a pretty good idea.  He could get into Czech sports, just flip open his window and their tv is 5 feet away.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2013, 10:22:01 AM »
kiss your pool key goodbye if you dont take that dish down*

*assuming you dont have a pool in your backyard that you most likely share with like 3 neighbors

I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2013, 10:24:17 AM »
shellshock clearly does not care that everybody in his neighborhood hates or will hate his ass

All of his neighbors are insanely rich/famous but hoard their money and don't spend it on their homes.  They are clearly so madly wealthy that they are eccentric.
What makes you think they will care about his dish strapped to the front of his house that hangs into his neighbor's yard?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2013, 10:25:56 AM »

All of his neighbors are insanely rich/famous but hoard their money and don't spend it on their homes.  They are clearly so madly wealthy that they are eccentric.
What makes you think they will care about his dish strapped to the front of his house that hangs into his neighbor's yard?

you've got a point.  shellshock, you should hang a windchime from the dish, maybe incorporate it into your christmas lights which can stay out until march?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2013, 10:26:34 AM »
Install a bigger dish and then agree to compromise by taking it down and putting back up the original dish

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2013, 10:28:12 AM »

i'm no yard expert but just between you guys, myself and the fencepost- my two cents is that they just had crabgrass and instead of just spraying it with something that would kill the crabgrass, they sprayed it will something that would just kill the entire ground. see, the thing with crabgrass preventer is that it wears down and the thing that will wear it down the most is heat. the ground closest to cement, curbs, etc is always going to be the hottest and so that's why you are always going to get crabgrass there first, even if you lay down preventer in the spring. that's why it's important to spot spray towards the end of summer. boom. yard lesson 101 from rick daris. the first one's free. hope you all enjoyed.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 10:37:45 AM by rick daris »

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2013, 10:32:43 AM »
eff em. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2013, 10:39:15 AM »
Sounds like a dumbass HOA. Tell the HOA president that if she trespasses on your property again you'll call the police.

http://www.jrn.com/ktnv/news/contact-13/213887651.html

http://www.fcc.gov/guides/over-air-reception-devices-rule

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2013, 10:54:07 AM »
Did you know that the Dollar Store decides where to put its stores in part by the amount of oil stains in the parking lots of the locations they are looking at?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2013, 10:56:47 AM »
Did you know that the Dollar Store decides where to put its stores in part by the amount of oil stains in the parking lots of the locations they are looking at?

That makes a lot of sense. I just don't see why if people have a problem with the neighborhood in ShellShock's community, they don't just sell their place and move someplace nicer.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2013, 10:59:54 AM »

That's a pretty good idea.  He could get into Czech sports, just flip open his window and their tv is 5 feet away.

How 'bout this?  2 birds, 1 stone.  Demolish the 15-20 feet of the house closet to the Czechs, as part of constructing the new wall/exterior of the demolished side, build something that completely hides the dish or gets it in compliance.  HOA satisfied and you're no longer living in a Czech Big Brother-style reality show.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2013, 11:05:08 AM »

That makes a lot of sense. I just don't see why if people have a problem with the neighborhood in ShellShock's community, they don't just sell their place and move someplace nicer.

Agreed.  If you don't like older houses that were built on top of each other with satellite dishes, just move to a nicer neighborhood.

I am now on Shellshock's side.  people can choose their home and it appears a little dish is pretty much the the least of their worries.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2013, 11:07:50 AM »

You have no idea. These people act like our community in Overland Park is the new Hamptons of the Prairie. It's ridiculous how much time these people waste worrying about others. I actually got stopped the other day while mowing my lawn because I was getting too much grass clipping debris on the sidewalk and they couldn't see the sidewalk well enough to not trip on the joints. I was like, GTFO because I always sweep and clean up the clippings after i'm done mowing. I'm sure it offended them that I said that and don't pay for a professional lawn service but I don't care.

LOL. How old are these people?

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2013, 11:08:03 AM »
who do i talk to about getting homes like this removed from johnson county? this is a skidmark on the beautiful underpants that is joco.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2013, 11:09:37 AM »
who do i talk to about getting homes like this removed from johnson county? this is a skidmark on the beautiful underpants that is joco.

Give President Obama a call. It's always best to start at the top if you want to get things done.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2013, 11:10:19 AM »

You have no idea. These people act like our community in Overland Park is the new Hamptons of the Prairie. It's ridiculous how much time these people waste worrying about others. I actually got stopped the other day while mowing my lawn because I was getting too much grass clipping debris on the sidewalk and they couldn't see the sidewalk well enough to not trip on the joints. I was like, GTFO because I always sweep and clean up the clippings after i'm done mowing. I'm sure it offended them that I said that and don't pay for a professional lawn service but I don't care.

LOL. How old are these people?

A lot of the older neighborhoods in certain parts of JOCO are getting to be basically all old people.  As the home values in these older areas fell and the HOAs quit enforcing the regulations the higher income folks fled towards better neighborhoods and quality schools.